Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [Proof of Mining Campaign] [XMG] Magi | 1st PoS-II | Tor | M7M CPU only - page 11. (Read 56259 times)

Activity: 886
Merit: 504
It is an AMD FX8350 with 8 cores, using cpuminer_win64_magi_byMarcusDe-bdver2-0922 and logging in at suprnova on stratum+tcp://xmg.suprnova.cc:7127
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Sam Mother Fuckin' Walters
Triggered by the advice of Atomicat I went into my Asrock Bios and there I found an overall CPU overclock setting and raised it 10%.
After reboot mining with 7 cores sprinted away up to 103 khs. Temp stays OK at 48C

edit; after a few minutes it goes down to 70 khs.
Next it keeps changing between 70 to 80 khs .  Strange..

alright thanks thats kind of odd what kind of cpu? is it an instance node from a vps?
Activity: 886
Merit: 504
Triggered by the advice of Atomicat I went into my Asrock Bios and there I found an overall CPU overclock setting and raised it 10%.
After reboot mining with 7 cores sprinted away up to 103 khs. Temp stays OK at 48C

edit; after a few minutes it goes down to 70 khs.
Next it keeps changing between 70 to 80 khs .  Strange..
Activity: 238
Sam Mother Fuckin' Walters
How is the progress coming along guys?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009
Coin of the Magi!

PoM participant list:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gidr25D6TLgfU0R0RGdRUAhWyVxWBtn9tuxZQgFqNxE/edit?usp=sharing

Please check and let me know if your info is missing or wrong.

People reported lower hashrate today and got a higher payout, wondering if all of you get the same results. 

I Upgraded to +-50khs !!

ok, thanks, good to know.
Activity: 212

PoM participant list:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gidr25D6TLgfU0R0RGdRUAhWyVxWBtn9tuxZQgFqNxE/edit?usp=sharing

People reported lower hashrate today and got a higher payout, wondering if all of you get the same results. 

I Upgraded to +-50khs !!

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Any ports for mining behind firewall? 8080 doesn't work for suprnova. I really need a setup for proxy as I can not mine behind this crazy firewall Sad
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

I think supernova's port is 7127 did you try starting with instructions here: https://xmg.suprnova.cc/index.php?page=gettingstarted

Unfortunately, I have tried it and than started a search to mine via other ports like 8080, 80, 81 etc. Thank you for the info.

PS+Edit: I did have succesfully mined XMG with another pc with the standart intructions for suprnova.
PS+Edit2: I have tried both, neither suprnova nor nonce-pool provide a port like 8080, 8333, 80 etc. Just 7127 and 4090 respectively which don't work for me behind a firewall.

Any one willing to help? To implement a socat feature to mine behind a firewall
Here is my batch file for socat running under cgywin:
"socat TCP-LISTEN:80,fork TCP:xmg.suprnova.cc:7127"
and my batch file for minerd: "minerd -o stratum+tcp://10.1.1.1:80 -u username.worker -p password"
I have tried a lot of combinations but didn't succeed Sad (ofcourse username.worker etc are the appropriate ones in my file)
Activity: 371
Any ports for mining behind firewall? 8080 doesn't work for suprnova. I really need a setup for proxy as I can not mine behind this crazy firewall Sad

I think supernova's port is 7127 did you try starting with instructions here: https://xmg.suprnova.cc/index.php?page=gettingstarted
Activity: 266
legendary
Coin of the Magi!

Yep. Sure did. All smiles here Cheesy

Good to know Smiley

We'll have Lightsplasher's PoB campaign: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9087023 . will be nice to see people getting into actual actions around XMG.
legendary
Coin of the Magi!
Joined the proof of mining campaign.

AMD FX8350 running 6 cores gives approx 78 kh/s with the miner cpuminer_win64_magi_byMarcusDe-bdver2-0922

How you like your 8350?  You can squeak 100Kh/s out of that bad boy.

really? what miner gives that results? I don't wanna run 8 but max 6 cores.

Atomicat, we need an instruction here. Smiley I have AMD 8350 too getting 90 Kh/s in my Xubuntu system (8 cores).

Ok, just had to double-check a few things, bench a few things, make sure I was solid with this.  Phew!  Getting the best out of your ram can be a lot more work than your CPU.  More settings.  Starting with baseline.

NB frequency = 2200
HT link = 2200
CPU/NB voltage = 1.75
DRAM = 1.6

My ram - Gskill Ripjaws-X 17000CL11 - 2133, timings 11-11-11-28-39

Benchmark - Aida64 - about 24,400 MB/s

Tightened up the timing, 10-11-10-28-39   I think I had tRAS and tRC lower but still fiddling with stability and if there's a benefit.
Boosted NB to 2400, HT link to 2600, CPU/NB to 1.8 ram to 1.65.
Increased FSB to 115 which increases DRAM frequency to 2300Mhz

Aida64 now gives about 30,050MB/s

Then just crank it!  Cheesy  At 4.95 Ghz I'm getting 96Kh/s on 6 cores, 108 on 7.  This is the best I've done with squeezing those last drops out of the ram sticks.  If anyone's got any tips on timing, I'd love to hear them.  I don't hammer at settings all that often because I find I'll have spent half the day benchmarking and BSOD'ing and none of it actually working/hashing.  Diminishing returns!

Edit:  *sigh*  I know it was around here somewhere....  Yeah, the above was a bit unstable.  Found it easier to play with and more stable around the 245 FSB range, no boost to NB, few other settings etc etc.  But that's about it, results may vary etc etc and your board/ram will probably be different.  I'm thinking of starting a thread on overclocking in the mining section, get some more heads in on these things.  

This is the highest hashrate I've seen as to this CPU, are you under Windows 8? btw it will be helpful if you can start a new thread so people can input their ideas.
Activity: 350
Mining Co-operative

Yep. Sure did. All smiles here Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

AMD FX8350 running 6 cores gives approx 78 kh/s with the miner cpuminer_win64_magi_byMarcusDe-bdver2-0922

How you like your 8350?  You can squeak 100Kh/s out of that bad boy.

Atomicat, we need an instruction here. Smiley I have AMD 8350 too getting 90 Kh/s in my Xubuntu system (8 cores).

Ok, just had to double-check a few things, bench a few things, make sure I was solid with this.  Phew!  Getting the best out of your ram can be a lot more work than your CPU.  More settings.  Starting with baseline.

NB frequency = 2200
HT link = 2200
CPU/NB voltage = 1.75
DRAM = 1.6

My ram - Gskill Ripjaws-X 17000CL11 - 2133, timings 11-11-11-28-39

Benchmark - Aida64 - about 24,400 MB/s

Tightened up the timing, 10-11-10-28-39   I think I had tRAS and tRC lower but still fiddling with stability and if there's a benefit.
Boosted NB to 2400, HT link to 2600, CPU/NB to 1.8 ram to 1.65.
Increased FSB to 115 which increases DRAM frequency to 2300Mhz

Aida64 now gives about 30,050MB/s

Then just crank it!  Cheesy  At 4.95 Ghz I'm getting 96Kh/s on 6 cores, 108 on 7.  This is the best I've done with squeezing those last drops out of the ram sticks.  If anyone's got any tips on timing, I'd love to hear them.  I don't hammer at settings all that often because I find I'll have spent half the day benchmarking and BSOD'ing and none of it actually working/hashing.  Diminishing returns!

Edit:  *sigh*  I know it was around here somewhere....  Yeah, the above was a bit unstable.  Found it easier to play with and more stable around the 245 FSB range, no boost to NB, few other settings etc etc.  But that's about it, results may vary etc etc and your board/ram will probably be different.  I'm thinking of starting a thread on overclocking in the mining section, get some more heads in on these things. 
legendary
Coin of the Magi!
PoM participant list:

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005
It looks good.
The more XMG miners who participate in the campaign, the better.
Magi is receiving increasing attention and has been mentioned during an education about how bitcoin and altcoins work. Because of the unique characteristics and objectives Magi has. That's nice to hear.
Activity: 371
I signed up for PoM with:
Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz × 4   44 Kh/s
Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU @ 2.66GHz × 4    43 Kh/s
Intel® Core™2 i5 CPU M 430 @ 2.27GHz × 4    22 Kh/s

Just for fun I also tried an old Pentium III but it only got about a half a Kh/s so it is out. The laptop will hardly be used because I don't want to overheat it.  I'm using the m7magi-cpuminer built from source code using 64 bit Ubuntu 14.04
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005
Not everyone knows about the POM campaign and this link.
Bumped it in the original XMG thread so people can find this one. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

How you like your 8350?  You can squeak 100Kh/s out of that bad boy.

Well at 7 cores and 4.6Ghz I get 100Kh/s even.  The 8350 is great for overclocking.  Unfortunately the down-side to that is that it's got a pretty low thermal limit.  A water-cooler, even a low-end one, is an excellent investment.  You're basically getting 20% more machine.  Right now I'm running 7 cores at 4.ghz, chip is at 48C.  In the winter I'll give it a breath of fresh air and run at 5.3 all the time.

http://valid.canardpc.com/fbz7dw
legendary
Coin of the Magi!
Will this coin be botnet proof?
I expect Magi's block reward adjustment would discourage botnet, but no guarantee; check the OP for more information.
Activity: 462
Will this coin be botnet proof?
Pages:
Jump to: