Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Purple Protocol - The Global Decentralized Ledger Infrastructure - page 2. (Read 21726 times)

Activity: 135
Merit: 0
In order to provide a better way for the community to engage with us, we have replaced our telegram channel with a dedicated group which anyone can join and use for any kind of discussion related to the Purple Protocol. Join the discussion now! https://t.me/purple_protocol

Finally! Physical space for real-time discussion!

Ok, well telegram is as close to physical as we can get to interact with development team. BTT is great too, but not as real-time as one would often wish. Also, saw that the Testnet is estimated three months from now!

Awesome!

Yes, the next thing we hope to get up and running soon is a dedicated forum.
We have just added the contribution guideline and faq pages to the purple wiki. Check it out!
Activity: 476
Merit: 17
In order to provide a better way for the community to engage with us, we have replaced our telegram channel with a dedicated group which anyone can join and use for any kind of discussion related to the Purple Protocol. Join the discussion now! https://t.me/purple_protocol

Finally! Physical space for real-time discussion!

Ok, well telegram is as close to physical as we can get to interact with development team. BTT is great too, but not as real-time as one would often wish. Also, saw that the Testnet is estimated three months from now!

Awesome!
Purple has turned 1 year old today! Read about our story so far here.
Congratulations and this is hoping for many more years. Better yet, this is a toast to the beginning of bigger and better things from Purple. Can't wait for it to step out in all its royal glory and take its rightful place. How goes the development?

Thank you for the kind words!

For the past month I have been focusing entirely on the virtual machine and smart contracts aspect of the protocol and all I can say is that the design of the vm is mostly finished and it is quite a beauty. There will be a blog post detailing this soon.

The development speed is still quite slow since I am still the only active core developer but I am currently attempting to onboard other enthusiasts so this might change soon.  

How about just putting up your entire requirement on angel.co and have the community come to you rather than you going to them. Pretty sure you'll be inundated by applications in no time if you post there

I don't exactly have the resources to hire people right now (which, I presume, is what angel.co is for) but I could certainly try this and maybe have a bunch of passionate people find out about this which wouldn't hurt at all right now.

The experimental nature of the project doesn't help either in this regard. Most people I met say they need some kind of proof on my part that it will actually work and this is quite hard to provide until the code is mostly written, which is what I need the devs for. It becomes a chicken and egg situation. Imagine Satoshi trying to recruit devs for building Bitcoin before he had any proof that it will actually work. I think that's why it was written by one or maximum a few people and after the concept has been proven, everyone realised that it was working.

All I can do is to suck it up and continue to write code by myself up until a basic testnet will always stay up. In a way I am grateful for this, even though it is very hard. The difficulties I encounter right now must have been much greater for Satoshi back in the day so I cannot complain.

See a few ads on angel.co that have zero payment and offered some sort of compensation model mostly in the blockchain's native cryptocurrency... Doesn't hurt to try, right? At the very least, you get more eyeballs for the project. Wish I wasn't so mathematically retarded...

A big problem right now is that the token is not liquid yet and I intend to keep it this way until the project is more mature.

I am mostly focusing on getting right the consensus algorithm this month. If this is written well and tested all the way I believe I can start to focus actively on talking with and recruiting more people. Let's hope this goes well. Also, if this is done, I believe a basic testnet is not that far away.

Basic testnet will immensely boost the profile of the project. Tokens may be illiquid, however a testnet that the public can play around with is bound to become the proverbial proof-in-the-pudding
Congratulations and this is hoping for many more years. Better yet, this is a toast to the beginning of bigger and better things from Purple. Can't wait for it to step out in all its royal glory and take its rightful place. How goes the development?

For the past month I have been focusing entirely on the virtual machine and smart contracts aspect of the protocol and all I can say is that the design of the vm is mostly finished and it is quite a beauty. There will be a blog post detailing this soon.

The development speed is still quite slow since I am still the only active core developer but I am currently attempting to onboard other enthusiasts so this might change soon.  

How about just putting up your entire requirement on angel.co and have the community come to you rather than you going to them. Pretty sure you'll be inundated by applications in no time if you post there

I don't exactly have the resources to hire people right now (which, I presume, is what angel.co is for) but I could certainly try this and maybe have a bunch of passionate people find out about this which wouldn't hurt at all right now.

The experimental nature of the project doesn't help either in this regard. Most people I met say they need some kind of proof on my part that it will actually work and this is quite hard to provide until the code is mostly written, which is what I need the devs for. It becomes a chicken and egg situation. Imagine Satoshi trying to recruit devs for building Bitcoin before he had any proof that it will actually work. I think that's why it was written by one or maximum a few people and after the concept has been proven, everyone realised that it was working.

All I can do is to suck it up and continue to write code by myself up until a basic testnet will always stay up. In a way I am grateful for this, even though it is very hard. The difficulties I encounter right now must have been much greater for Satoshi back in the day so I cannot complain.

See a few ads on angel.co that have zero payment and offered some sort of compensation model mostly in the blockchain's native cryptocurrency... Doesn't hurt to try, right? At the very least, you get more eyeballs for the project. Wish I wasn't so mathematically retarded...

A big problem right now is that the token is not liquid yet and I intend to keep it this way until the project is more mature.

I am mostly focusing on getting right the consensus algorithm this month. If this is written well and tested all the way I believe I can start to focus actively on talking with and recruiting more people. Let's hope this goes well. Also, if this is done, I believe a basic testnet is not that far away.

Everyone check out the late March development update about the Purple Protocol! https://purpleprotocol.org/blog/end-of-march-development-update

Help us raise funds to further develop the Purple Protocol by participating in our crowdfunding campaign! Read here how.
Market seems to be on the uptick. An ICO with a softcap of $250,000 is actually feasible with the right tools and contacts. The question is what do they get in turn for contributing? Based on the gofundme campaign, can't see any sort of return for contributing atm

There aren't any. This is not an ICO. It still is quite risky to host one at this moment and this is why we are more looking for donations at this point. Any amount can help a lot since we do not have almost any funds at our disposal. If the ICO makes sense in the future maybe it will be on the table again but I can't promise anything.
Help us raise funds to further develop the Purple Protocol by participating in our crowdfunding campaign! Read here how.
Market seems to be on the uptick. An ICO with a softcap of $250,000 is actually feasible with the right tools and contacts. The question is what do they get in turn for contributing? Based on the gofundme campaign, can't see any sort of return for contributing atm
We have posted a new article which explains in detail the way in which the consensus algorithm of Purple works: https://medium.com/purple-protocol/presenting-the-consensus-algorithm-behind-purple-sspow-784ebadb983d
We have just released a new and improved version of the whitepaper. Check it out here: https://purpleprotocol.org/whitepaper/
I have just added more information in the original post. If anyone has any questions, do not hesitate to ask!
Pages:
Jump to: