Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [PXC] Development Takeover - page 4. (Read 8457 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
October 01, 2013, 11:23:48 AM
So the name is being changed from Phenixcoin to Pheonixcoin?

Just wondering... might be important for the new website name Tongue
Activity: 378
October 01, 2013, 11:19:16 AM
Good luck with that....

If MaGNet or Joerii want it, I will turn over domains and github to them.

I have not spoken to them about this yet, but had planned on it.

Well that seems reasonable, any chance that you might hop back in, in the future? From what I read you had some nice ideas that just didnt turn out well, but everyone can learn right?
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
October 01, 2013, 11:04:32 AM
Good luck with that....

If MaGNet or Joerii want it, I will turn over domains and github to them.

I have not spoken to them about this yet, but had planned on it.

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
October 01, 2013, 08:42:23 AM
Please... Let this die.
Activity: 378
October 01, 2013, 08:33:19 AM
Nice work sir. This coin might have a future now.
aa
Activity: 544
Merit: 500
Litecoin is right coin
October 01, 2013, 03:24:38 AM
I've decided to start hosting wallet client downloads for most coins. Please link to the main page (not direct download).

http://www.lurkmore.com/wiki/Cryptocurrency_information_and_wallet_client_downloads
legendary
Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020
No surrender, no retreat, no regret.
October 01, 2013, 02:38:32 AM
If needed I can host a forum for you  ( would be on www.pxc.altcointalk.co.uk ) unless you provide me with a domain

will include forum setup and will help you where needed but it would be up to you to manage it

If there is anything we can do to help let us know  

Thanks Zack, but I'd keep with CryptocoinTalk for now. Setting up and managing a dedicated forum isn't in my current plans, there are more important things to do with PXC. I'm leaving it up to the community.

That would be nice if you could mirror the Windows client & daemon until our site is up as some people are not comfortable with MEGA or Google Drive.

www.altcointalk.co.uk/phoenixcoin-win-0.6.4.12.zip

Added, thanks.
legendary
Activity: 868
ADT developer
October 01, 2013, 02:06:25 AM
If needed I can host a forum for you  ( would be on www.pxc.altcointalk.co.uk ) unless you provide me with a domain

will include forum setup and will help you where needed but it would be up to you to manage it

Thanks Zack, but I'd keep with CryptocoinTalk for now. Setting up and managing a dedicated forum isn't in my current plans, there are more important things to do with PXC. I'm leaving it up to the community.

That would be nice if you could mirror the Windows client & daemon until our site is up as some people are not comfortable with MEGA or Google Drive.

www.altcointalk.co.uk/phoenixcoin-win-0.6.4.12.zip
legendary
October 01, 2013, 01:58:07 AM

legendary
Activity: 868
ADT developer
October 01, 2013, 01:12:10 AM
you might want to talk to joerii as he had some plans aswell

The ADT DEV team

Edit we can also offer hosting for a direct wallet download
legendary
October 01, 2013, 12:53:19 AM

Phoenixcoin

As it become apparent that the previous PXC developer, Mike Burns aka iamatrix, abandoned the project,
also took the primary web site and forum down nearly 3 weeks ago without any prior notice,
and his competence in cryptocoin development leaves much to be desired in general,
I have decided to take over the coding to bring the coin back in business.

I have fixed two critical vulnerabilities in this 0.6.4.12 release:

1) broken IRC peer discovery which in fact didn't allow new peers to connect to the network
(now works fine using any of three LFNet nodes coded in);

2) communication issue when PXC peers accepted connections from non-PXC nodes
(it was driving Qt client crazy showing progress like 300000 blocks to download).

Further changes require a hard fork to be introduced in a few weeks after research and community discussion.

[ANN] [PXC] Phoenixcoin v0.6.5.0 Released, UPGRADE REQUIRED Before Block #154000

Our new web site, Phoenixcoin.org, is online.

Any development related matters to be discussed at our forum hosted at CryptocoinTalk.

I have no insider access to PhenixEx or other half baked projects of the previous developer, so don't bother to ask me about them.

Pages:
Jump to: