Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] RealPay [A new e-commerce business platform][Release Date: TBA] - page 4. (Read 20266 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
whats stopping someone from forcing their way in to where you do business/keep the local server and taking everything, in a physical sense?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
and what sort of security on these local servers?

The exchange has been developed by the developers of Intersango so you can expect the same level of security. As you probably already know, Intersango has never had a single incident with their website and thats the goal of RLCXE as well.

i meant physical security, like of the central node

Excuse me but I cannot fully understand your question. Could you please explain what you mean by physical security of the central node?

The exchange has been developed by the developers of Intersango so you can expect the same level of security. As you probably already know, Intersango has never had a single incident with their website and thats the goal of RLCXE as well.

i meant physical security, like of the central node
Also, the coin cannot appreciate until the 1 trillion dollar supply is exhausted, so there is no speculative reason to purchase it. If there is a ponzi here, the Realcoin operators haven't provided much incentive for anyone to participate in it. Of course, it is possible that Realcoin is a legitimate business.

There will be speculation before the reserve has been exhausted. We are already discussing potential investments with our bank (HSBC) in HK and the first milestone level to be hit for an investment to be made is around $200,000.

This means that as soon as we reach this amount, we will make it available to our bank for investment thus slowly increasing the price of RLC.
So we have to pay $100 for a single coin that we won't be able to spend anywhere?  Or am I missing something?

Our plan is to start building multiple services around the network.

Examples of such services found in the BTC network are BitPay and SpendBitcoins as well as others.

EDIT: We are also looking at attracting BTC businesses that would like to be part of the RLC network as well and will closely work with them to create a strong network offering multiple services.
Activity: 560
Merit: 501

Aren't those the same people who accidentally ran code in a production system making it send just over 500BTC to another address?

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003
So we have to pay $100 for a single coin that we won't be able to spend anywhere?  Or am I missing something?

Also, the coin cannot appreciate until the 1 trillion dollar supply is exhausted, so there is no speculative reason to purchase it. If there is a ponzi here, the Realcoin operators haven't provided much incentive for anyone to participate in it. Of course, it is possible that Realcoin is a legitimate business.

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Seal Cub Clubbing Club
So we have to pay $100 for a single coin that we won't be able to spend anywhere?  Or am I missing something?
And this is the same host for the exchange and block validation services or do you have several hosts for these services?

If it is the same (and only) host, what happens if this host goes down again and there's no block validation and no exchange services available when clients need them?

The servers for the exchange and the block validation are entirely different and they will be closely monitored 24/7 by the developers and admins since they will be local servers and not leased from an online host.

We cannot trust online hosts with such important matters and that's why we have our own servers.
Activity: 459
Merit: 250
And this is the same host for the exchange and block validation services or do you have several hosts for these services?

If it is the same (and only) host, what happens if this host goes down again and there's no block validation and no exchange services available when clients need them?
Your websites www.realcoin.org and www.realcointalk.org have disappeared.  The names don't resolve anymore.  Does this mean you're not releasing RealCoin now?

There has been a problem with the host from yesterday. They are having a network routing problem and neither my websites nor the host's website is working normally.

We have contacted them twice and they said that they are working on it and soon will be up and running again.

Their service has been excellent so far and this is the very first problem we have encountered with them.

The release of RLC is scheduled for February 10. If there are still problems with the host, we ll probably move to another host.
Activity: 459
Merit: 250
Your websites www.realcoin.org and www.realcointalk.org have disappeared.  The names don't resolve anymore.  Does this mean you're not releasing RealCoin now?
UPDATE #2: The release date for both the client and the exchange has been scheduled for February 10.
The plan is to go decentralized in the near future.

The added layer of security (e.g. the central node approving/rejecting blocks) will be soon removed to create a fully decentralized e-commerce platform.

Also, we do NOT disapprove the creation of other exchanges around RLC. We want a competitive market because it is in the best interest of all.

Lastly, as stated before, we plan to become a PayPal alternative and not a competing cryptocurrency. The reason behind this, is that there is a need for a really low cost global payment gateway without foolish restrictions, frozen accounts, difficult procedures and the Bitcoin platform serves as the perfect foundation for such a service.

On a side note, we will gear towards being 100% legal (following all AML/KYC procedures) as far as the exchange goes. Now the RLC network is a different story and soon it will be fully decentralized thus having all the benefits that a p2p platform offers.

Activity: 717
Merit: 501
1. Miners provide network security in the absence of a central node.
2. You have a central node.

1. Worked well with coiled coin.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003
As i have posted numerous times, although we believe that mining is an integral part of the system, i myself am not into mining (although i have educated myself over the past two months i still dont understand some parts of mining) and i can assure you that none of the investors is into mining as this is just not the point we are focusing on.

Perhaps you have some idea what this central node is and you haven't explained it. But as it is now:

1. Miners provide network security in the absence of a central node.
2. You have a central node.

Therefore, you have no need for miners.

If you have the miners performing bitcoin-like hashing, they will simply be wasting electricty for nothing. Call them affiliate nodes or something else, because they are not miners.

Note that the system also charges fees to pay for this wasted electricity.
Activity: 700
Merit: 507
Why is this considered a crypto currency anyway? As i see it there is a central position that controls all available funds. You basically simulate slow crypto-chain like transaction propagation with so called mining... so whats the point except a totally useless waste of power? Just keep everything on your servers and manage user's balances. YOu could just skip all that pseudo-crypto-chain stuff and be happy...
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
I think the idea is that, once the centralized transaction authentication is removed (as TheGlobber stated it would be in the future)
What are the exact conditions that must be met for this to occur? Or is this just a vague promise that will never come to pass?
Pages:
Jump to: