Pages:
Author

Topic: [!ANN] RepublicCoin (RC) SHA256 - SEEKS NEW DEV! - page 2. (Read 17271 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Attention All

I thought I would give an update as many people continue to express an interest in RepublicCoin continuing on.  People have been contacting me who want this coin to continue and range from all types of backgrounds from PHP developers, Wallet Developers, Exchanges, Pools and ever a couple of devs.  The steam is still within this coin and I am giving the information as quickly as I can to those who are mailing me for information.

I understand and have also passed on to those wanting to help that the re-targeting difficulty and TAG need to be adjusted with the RepublicCoin. 

For myself I am doing all that I can to get the family matter under control, but when mental illness is part of the challenge the road is that much more difficult, however I want to come back and be part of the coin if not as a member of the dev / mgmt group I will always be a huge supporter.

I have reviewed the forum and seen that a github space was created and appreciate that.  The support of the community for this coin is one of the few things that is giving me energy and a smile.  We are still seeking a seasoned coder dev who wants to take this project on.  I have the word out there being passed along.  I have even had a few people that have mentioned making this a coin that can be moved into much larger networks that are on the cusp of newer technological developments is awesome!

I will stay in touch as much as I can.  I am even possibly having to take time off from my day job to try and resolve the family matter for promptly and be able to actively continue work with the coin.  Thank you all for the outpouring of support for RepublicCoin from the new pools that have come online and other exchanges and even wallet developers.

Respectfully,
KryptoKruz
Activity: 1050
Merit: 501
The COINMINERS will close the pool for the RepublicCoin because the wallet is out of sync and remains like that and i cant start the pool.

Thanks
Have a nice day

Is this a permanent closure, or just to get the wallet running again?

Strange. I have 2 wallets on my different machines (one is open 24/7) and there're no problems with sync.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
The COINMINERS will close the pool for the RepublicCoin because the wallet is out of sync and remains like that and i cant start the pool.

Thanks
Have a nice day

Is this a permanent closure, or just to get the wallet running again?
Activity: 64
Merit: 10

Thanks
Have a nice day
the wallet is no problem
Because nobody mining, so can not be synchronized
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000
Admin of CoinMiners Pools

Thanks
Have a nice day
OK, so am I correct in thinking

- the coin is the same as it was when launched at the end of June
- KryptoKruz (the original dev) has left
- gjhiggins has done a bit of maintenance and CaptEmulation has compiled a Mac wallet, but neither of them are "full-time dev"
- the only market is Alcurex and there are no buyers there.

If so, then we need someone doing marketing of the coin.

The dev has left? Yes! Do you know the Litecoin devs? They have left a lot of time before!

The only market? Yes! The original dev is not very good in negotiating with exchanges!

But the coin is stable! No forks, no technical problems! What else do you need?

Wait some months and you'll see if it's good or not.
legendary
legendary
COINMINERS Server will be down for 2h , we need to migrate the server to a new one so we can solve the disconnecting problem , the problem was on the serve side, we spoke with the hosting company and they said that they need to move my server to a new one , so COINMINERS will have  2h downtime until the server will be moved to new one.

I apologize for the inconvenience created
Activity: 560
OK, so am I correct in thinking

- the coin is the same as it was when launched at the end of June
- KryptoKruz (the original dev) has left
- gjhiggins has done a bit of maintenance and CaptEmulation has compiled a Mac wallet, but neither of them are "full-time dev"
- the only market is Alcurex and there are no buyers there.

If so, then we need someone doing marketing of the coin.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
OK, if it is like that, what's wrong? You prefer very innovative and new coin that forks twice a hour, and because of that it's unusable??

I think we may be at cross-purposes here.

I thought I saw a mistaken perception emerging that the repository contained a “new Republicoin”.

I wanted to make it crystal clear that a “Full fork of Bitcoin 0.8.6, branding and parameters separated out as per obvious.” is exactly the same code as the original, except with the prior commit history intact.

There's nothing “new” about the coin at all. I set up a new repository, holding the old code.

Claro?

Cheers,

Graham
is this the old republicoin, which  dev leaved?

No, it's a new Republic Coin.

Just for the record - it's exactly the same code as the original, the only difference is that the repository is a “full fork” and the prior commit history is intact.  This will allow RepublicCoin to benefit properly from its heritage via the controlled integration of upstream improvements in the bitcoin codebase.

Cheers,

Graham

OK, if it is like that, what's wrong? You prefer very innovative and new coin that forks twice a hour, and because of that it's unusable??
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
is this the old republicoin, which  dev leaved?

Just for the record - it's exactly the same code as the original, the only difference is that the repository is a “full fork” and the prior commit history is intact.  This will allow RepublicCoin to benefit properly from its heritage via the controlled integration of upstream improvements in the bitcoin codebase.

Cheers,

Graham

NEW? its the same old some dev is taking over?
OK, I can change the logo for you.
The bigger problem is the pool that has some problems :/ we need more pools!
Activity: 504

NEW? its the same old some dev is taking over?

legendary
Activity: 1036
Activity: 504
So is this coin still alive? what are the plans?
Activity: 177
Merit: 100

START NOW    --> rc.ssdpool.com

Target for  your miners at: stratum+tcp://miners1.ssdpool.com:3355
0% Pool Fee
•PROP payout system
•DDoS Protected
•Clustered Servers+ VARDIFF
•24/7 Monitoring on Stratum
•SSD for all servers for best performance
please join to our pool

To contact us:
Email: [email protected]
IRC CHAT support:irc.freenode.net #ssdpool
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
Here is a Mac build: https://s3.amazonaws.com/captemulation/dmg/RepublicCoin-Qt.dmg

Mavericks (10.9) only, because that is how I roll.

Donations: 1KEQpTBUNsqBDZoshDG7kyroBZpgdeHrWz
Put the code on github please.  +100 points if you properly fork.  Can do a build for Mac OS X but want to be able to create a PR for changes.

I have a feeling that your request is likely to fall on stony ground, so to speak. I'm sending you 1 BOON, out of sympathy Smiley

https://github.com/gjhiggins/RepublicCoin

Full fork of Bitcoin 0.8.6, branding and parameters separated out as per obvious.

It compiles+runs on ubuntu trusty, reads the db, syncs to node 54.225.242.168. That's as far as I've taken it. Can you pick it up from there?

Cheers

Graham

I confirm! Compilation without any problems, runs OK, works stable, gets sync in seconds. Good code!
And nice mining on p2p pool.

It seems that we have a really good coin for real transfers, because you don't mine it neither in millions a day nor one-hundredth a week Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: