Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] RISKCOIN - Scrypt - Bittrex - More to come... - page 46. (Read 53003 times)

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
In my opinion, advertising makes us seem like we are just trying to get others to buy in.. We should be focusing more on features and awareness, because if we become innovative, the community will come by themselves.

As a side note, to get us on c-cex, any paid votes, I will back by 1 RISK each. I will back up to 400 votes, giving the coins a rate of 0.001 Btc = 1 RISK.
PM me proof of payment to the voting address (Txid) and your Risk address and I will send the coins as soon as I get the message and the vote is confirmed on C-cex  Smiley

I've to disagree on 'feature, innovative...'. I'm now almost 15 months in the altcoin business and the only coin that really change the business was Darkcoin or Blackcoin, i even don't remember.

I personally don't have any clue on what some coins are offering technical, because it is all open source, if one coin make it today, then tomorrow you can have 10 clone coins. Like those encrypted messages hype, all coins have it now... innovative, of course not. You had Supernet, now you have Blocknet too, and in a few months you will have XNet, etc, innovative? Nope. Does it matter, nope.

Look at DOGE, nothing to offer, ONLY a big user base, a lot of services, and that is innovation. Giving people the possibility to buy stuff with their coins, all the other things are crap. That is my point of view.
There are coins that have come out that have been truly innovative. Will advertising bring us users and investors? I highly doubt it. New features do bring users and investors to a coin, that is undisputed. A way we could advertise is through a sponsored BTCTalk banner, meaning users could have our banner in their signature and they would receive a certain number of coins per day.

Which coins are you talking about? Smiley
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
In my opinion, advertising makes us seem like we are just trying to get others to buy in.. We should be focusing more on features and awareness, because if we become innovative, the community will come by themselves.

As a side note, to get us on c-cex, any paid votes, I will back by 1 RISK each. I will back up to 400 votes, giving the coins a rate of 0.001 Btc = 1 RISK.
PM me proof of payment to the voting address (Txid) and your Risk address and I will send the coins as soon as I get the message and the vote is confirmed on C-cex  Smiley

I've to disagree on 'feature, innovative...'. I'm now almost 15 months in the altcoin business and the only coin that really change the business was Darkcoin or Blackcoin, i even don't remember.

I personally don't have any clue on what some coins are offering technical, because it is all open source, if one coin make it today, then tomorrow you can have 10 clone coins. Like those encrypted messages hype, all coins have it now... innovative, of course not. You had Supernet, now you have Blocknet too, and in a few months you will have XNet, etc, innovative? Nope. Does it matter, nope.

Look at DOGE, nothing to offer, ONLY a big user base, a lot of services, and that is innovation. Giving people the possibility to buy stuff with their coins, all the other things are crap. That is my point of view.
There are coins that have come out that have been truly innovative. Will advertising bring us users and investors? I highly doubt it. New features do bring users and investors to a coin, that is undisputed. A way we could advertise is through a sponsored BTCTalk banner, meaning users could have our banner in their signature and they would receive a certain number of coins per day.
legendary

Activity: 658
Merit: 507
Passive Income Bot Trading
Easy... Easy... Easy...

I had the following idea:

1. Advertising on several big advertising site like 'Trafficmonsoon' is in the Top 5000 on Alexa. It generate you 1000 views for $5.95, i was planning to buy a packages of 100,000 views. Now i'm wondering how or what the best return will bring us. I'm preparing to sent a mail to bittrex to add us on their exchange, if we can be added on their exchange then i would use the bittrex website with the url of RISK as adverts, so that people directly see that they can buy Risk, as this is what everybody wants, every investor, miners want a nice ROI.

Any ideas from the community will be appriciated and taking into consideration.

What would your call to action be for advertising. Sounds like it would be a waste of money. You havent even implemented your roadmap yet.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Easy... Easy... Easy...

I had the following idea:

1. Advertising on several big advertising site like 'Trafficmonsoon' is in the Top 5000 on Alexa. It generate you 1000 views for $5.95, i was planning to buy a packages of 100,000 views. Now i'm wondering how or what the best return will bring us. I'm preparing to sent a mail to bittrex to add us on their exchange, if we can be added on their exchange then i would use the bittrex website with the url of RISK as adverts, so that people directly see that they can buy Risk, as this is what everybody wants, every investor, miners want a nice ROI.

Any ideas from the community will be appriciated and taking into consideration.
legendary
Is a site already in the works, important to help round out the messaging..

Which site are you talking about?

A website for the coin...

Good point, it is not written in the roadmap, so maybe that is not the highest priority... in fact, i never check websites of a coin Cheesy
I never check either. BCT is the goto place for these coins.

In short to attain some of the roadmap items an amount of legitimacy is required, not to mention continuous outreach.. If the OP is undertaken an advertising campaign like stated (glad to hear) then a site is required as you are appealing to the greater community....
This is true, plus I think a level of transparency of spending should be had with the ICO funds.

I would say that he start a advertising campaign on 'Neobux' and 'Clixsense'. Both has more then 4 million users. But that also cost a nice amount of money. Like $500 is nothing then you run a campaign for a few days and that is it.

DEV needs to take everything into consideration. How much will i spend there, how much there. How much of the ICO will i hold for myself (his hour rate) etc, as you cannot expect DEV to spend all the ICO money (and his time) on tasks etc, and keep nothing for himself. Of course he don't need to work for $100 per hour Cheesy but i won't be angry if he say i will keep 0.25 BTC daily for myself for the work that i'm doing for the coin.

We receive our coins, but DEV didn't receive anything yet. As long as he is working for the coin and being active and try to give a nice return for investors i personally don't care if he spend his 20 BTC on himself or on the coin. I call that hourly rating as nobody is working for free.

BUT I would love to see some advertising passing by when i'm clicking on Neobux or Clixsense or any other PTC site Cheesy

PS: And i know what i'm talking about. The number of hours that i have spend on my own coin (ROS) is more then 1000 hours already!!! I'm be pretty happy if DEV would spend the same amount of time on his coin as what i'm spending on mine coin.

Good point, it is not written in the roadmap, so maybe that is not the highest priority... in fact, i never check websites of a coin Cheesy

In short to attain some of the roadmap items an amount of legitimacy is required, not to mention continuous outreach.. If the OP is undertaken an advertising campaign like stated (glad to hear) then a site is required as you are appealing to the greater community....
This is true, plus I think a level of transparency of spending should be had with the ICO funds.
legendary
Activity: 1428
https://www.bitworks.io

legendary
A coin success is based on a 2 things:

1. Active DEV.
2. Big whales invested in the coin

If you don't have those 2 things then it is difficult to stay on a exchange and to generate enough trades.

legendary

legendary

legendary

legendary
My equipment is supposed to mine at a diff of 65536 technically. Testing with the diffs it appears that Im better off at 16384. Mining at a higher diff gives me less errors but doesn't let me solve blocks faster.

If anyone here has a titan, please pm me. I want to do an experiment. 

Don't want to hijack this thread. If you can post in my support thread. The link could be found in my sig.
Bit random, but why 16184 rather than 16384?
Rushing to have the pool ready.

I wonder if the unusual difficulty is a cause of some rigs not working on it? (There again, the same rigs also don't work on Coin-Miners, and I'd think it's unlikely *both* pools have it set weird...?)
Rushing to have the pool ready.
*FYI -  Added another Fixed Diff Port on ManhattanMine. Updated the getting started page.
http://risk.manhattanmine.com/index.php?page=gettingstarted

Pages:
Jump to: