Author

Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner - page 203. (Read 877844 times)

Activity: 547
Merit: 250
Fresh sgminer builds: https://www.nicehash.com/software/#sgminer

We have also established daily nightly builds, so you'll be able to get fresh sgminer builds each day here: https://www.nicehash.com/software/nightly/ (uploaded each day at 04:30 UTC).

GREAT FUCKING IDEA.

HUGE THANKS TO NICEHASH ON THIS.
Activity: 698
Merit: 500
Code:
{
"pools" : [
        {
  "name" : "am02 x15 multi",
"url" : "stratum+tcp://am02.eu.trademybit.com:4012",
"user" : "user.1",
"pass" : "xyz",
                "profile":"x15"
},
        {
  "name" : "am02 x11 multi",
"url" : "stratum+tcp://am02.eu.trademybit.com:4010",
                "profile":"x11"
},
        {
"name" : "am02 x13 multi",
"url" : "stratum+tcp://am02.eu.trademybit.com:4011",
                "profile":"x13"
}
],
"include" : "profiles.conf"
}

Code:
{
"profiles" : [
{
"name" : "x11",
"algorithm" : "darkcoin-mod,darkcoin-mod",
"intensity" : "19,19",
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"worksize": "64,64",
"gpu-engine": "600-870,600-870",
"gpu-memclock": "1000,1000",
"gpu-fan": "50-100,50-100"
},
{
"name" : "x13",
"algorithm" : "marucoin-modold,marucoin-modold",
"intensity" : "19,19",
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"worksize": "64,64",
"gpu-engine": "600-870,600-870",
"gpu-memclock": "1000,1000",
"gpu-fan": "50-100,50-100"
},
{
"name" : "x15",
"algorithm" : "bitblockold,bitblockold",
"intensity" : "16,16",
"worksize" : "64,64",
"gpu-threads": "1",
"gpu-engine" : "600-850,600-850",
"gpu-memclock" : "900,900",
"gpu-fan" : "50-100,50-100"
}
],

"extranonce-subscribe" : true,
"remove-disabled" : false,
"expiry" : "10",
"failover-only" : true,
"kernel-path" : "d:\\sgminer_v5_0_30062014",
"log" : "5",
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "5",
"shares" : "0",
"failover-switch-delay" : "10",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0,0",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0,0",
"gpu-powertune" : "0,0",
"gpu-vddc" : "1.163,1.163",
"auto-fan" : true,
"auto-gpu" : true,
"temp-target" : "75",
"temp-overheat" : "85",
"temp-cutoff" : "95",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"vectors" : "1,1",
"lookup-gap" : "2,2",
"shaders" : "1600,1600",
"thread-concurrency" : "8000,8000",
"show-coindiff" : true,
"device" : "0,1",
"no-pool-disable" : true
}

what's wrong with trying to use profiles, it shows compilying ckolivas kernel and then freezes
Activity: 658
So I finally got things figured out enough to get 5.0 (already compiled from NH website) to work and produce expected hash rates for both scrypt and X11.

I was wanting to try the updated version because what I originally had running seemed to lock up when switching algos. I downloaded and compiled the latest version from github. Everything seemed to compile just fine (I used the directions from the NiceHash FAQ, replacing file paths accordingly). However, when I run the compiled version it fails to load the card temps and fan rpms while also having a tiny hash rate.

If I understand this correctly the miner isn't loading the drivers, is that correct? If this is incorrect what is it that is wrong?

Thanks in advanced!
Sounds like you failed to put the ad files in ADL_SDK folder before compiling
Activity: 457
Merit: 273
Fresh sgminer builds: https://www.nicehash.com/software/#sgminer

We have also established daily nightly builds, so you'll be able to get fresh sgminer builds each day here: https://www.nicehash.com/software/nightly/ (uploaded each day at 04:30 UTC).
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
So I finally got things figured out enough to get 5.0 (already compiled from NH website) to work and produce expected hash rates for both scrypt and X11.

I was wanting to try the updated version because what I originally had running seemed to lock up when switching algos. I downloaded and compiled the latest version from github. Everything seemed to compile just fine (I used the directions from the NiceHash FAQ, replacing file paths accordingly). However, when I run the compiled version it fails to load the card temps and fan rpms while also having a tiny hash rate.

If I understand this correctly the miner isn't loading the drivers, is that correct? If this is incorrect what is it that is wrong?

Thanks in advanced!
Activity: 448
With HD5970 HD5850 HD5870 getting lower hashrate by  10%

Copied those files in sgminer folder and hashrate lowered.

Delete the files you copied, and delete the .bin files again, and you will be back to normal.  Did you delete the .bin files after copying the driver files and before launching sgminer?

I wouldnt expect them to boost older cards. As far as I can tell, it really only boosts performance of the R7/R9 GPUs
I am back to normal, and yes i deleted bin file, to render new one, but that was result.
I can't make it to boost, however, i can;t make it to setup miner to mine X15 also.
sgminer v5 as soon as started, it freezes my pc completly, so i have to restart it.
If anyone has experience for HD5XXX cards and X15 please write a full config here.

using 64bit Windows 7,
@badman74, can you compile an x64 build of the latest commits to sgminer5 repo, the one that adds in log-file capabilities in the .conf files?
unfortunately i have broken my mingw so until i can fix that i cant build anything

Gah, in the same boat as me now huh! Grin
this whole problem makes me to wonder how i got it to work in the first place

Dude, I've tried both ways, mingw and MSVC way too, no dice, can't do it.

mingw fails on autoreconf -fvi

forgot the error message for the other way
@badman74, can you compile an x64 build of the latest commits to sgminer5 repo, the one that adds in log-file capabilities in the .conf files?
unfortunately i have broken my mingw so until i can fix that i cant build anything

this whole problem makes me to wonder how i got it to work in the first place

Activity: 142
Merit: 101

Delete the files you copied, and delete the .bin files again, and you will be back to normal.  Did you delete the .bin files after copying the driver files and before launching sgminer?

I wouldnt expect them to boost older cards. As far as I can tell, it really only boosts performance of the R7/R9 GPUs
Activity: 448

Activity: 294
Should I upgrade my AMD drivers from 13.12 to 14.6?  I'm seeing so many people say they get better hash rate out of the driver upgrade, but also have read about people seeing HW errors, etc.

Is there something I would need to do after upgrading, ie. copying files or something, that would make it work better?

try this
http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/298gqc/greenpool_x11_amd_144146_drivers_trick_for_extra/

OH MY GOD, THANK YOU!

FWIW, I didn't even need to upgrade from 13.12 drivers.  I kept the same drivers, and just copied those files from the 14.6 drivers into my sgminers folder.  This is because since we do profit switching, I dont want to lose the speed I have with Scrypt-N which still comes up profitable sometimes.  Upgrading to 14.4 and 14.6, your Scrypt/-N hash speed will decrease.

Mining  before and after on X13 right now:

280x was 2.5MH/s  --- now 3.25MH/s
290 was 2.9MH/s --- now 3.65MH/s

X11 also improved:
280x was 3.25MH/s --- now 4.3MH/s
290 was 3.75MH/s --- now 4.85MH/s

That link you posted is solid gold.

no problem , glad I could help.
It was also mention before in this thread I think about those files.
I notice with 14.4 that scrypt hashrate was very low yes..will try 13.12 again.
Should I upgrade my AMD drivers from 13.12 to 14.6?  I'm seeing so many people say they get better hash rate out of the driver upgrade, but also have read about people seeing HW errors, etc.

Is there something I would need to do after upgrading, ie. copying files or something, that would make it work better?

try this
http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/298gqc/greenpool_x11_amd_144146_drivers_trick_for_extra/

OH MY GOD, THANK YOU!

FWIW, I didn't even need to upgrade from 13.12 drivers.  I kept the same drivers, and just copied those files from the 14.6 drivers into my sgminers folder.  This is because since we do profit switching, I dont want to lose the speed I have with Scrypt-N which still comes up profitable sometimes.  Upgrading to 14.4 and 14.6, your Scrypt/-N hash speed will decrease.

Mining  before and after on X13 right now:

280x was 2.5MH/s  --- now 3.25MH/s
290 was 2.9MH/s --- now 3.65MH/s

X11 also improved:
280x was 3.25MH/s --- now 4.3MH/s
290 was 3.75MH/s --- now 4.85MH/s

That link you posted is solid gold.

Activity: 294
Should I upgrade my AMD drivers from 13.12 to 14.6?  I'm seeing so many people say they get better hash rate out of the driver upgrade, but also have read about people seeing HW errors, etc.

try this
Should I upgrade my AMD drivers from 13.12 to 14.6?  I'm seeing so many people say they get better hash rate out of the driver upgrade, but also have read about people seeing HW errors, etc.

hi,badman74,thanks for your work.
on my 1g memory (or above) 5xxx and 6xxx cards ,the bitblockold algorithm works fine,but 512m cards can't run,it says not enough graphic memorys.
I tried to decrease TC or increase LG,can't work neither.
seems that parameter "--thread-concurrency" and "--lookup-gap" don't play a part in new version sgminer no longer?
Is there any other new sgminer builds that can let that parameter "--thread-concurrency" works again to decrease the memory occupancy in order to let my 512m cards run the x15 algo?
don't know about that but i leave the TC out completly and let the kernel build with what is available

In the practical, place the parameter "--thread-concurrency" into the BAT files , the sgminer can still run,but the "--thread-concurrency"  parameter can't take effect actually
according to the filename of the *.bin fies built by the new sgminer, I just find the gpu model、worksize and the hamsi_big number but TC information, not like the previous version..
so ,I guess . could it have the new version sgminer cancelled the TC manual operation surpport?
TC only ever affected scrypt and nscrypt and it still works for them
Jump to: