Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [SKC] Skeincoin 0.9.3.1 | Skein-SHA2 - page 33. (Read 161541 times)

Activity: 162
Merit: 100
February 08, 2014, 07:07:15 PM
OK. Hereby I suggest we have (un)officialy founded the Skeincoin foundation.

Members that have agreed on participating in the foundation untill now are: Red Kendra, Methmetician, Dosmas

Actions that are of most importance at the moment appear to be:

1. Basic Website with design
2. CGMiner Implementation (dev?)
3. Mission Statement/vision What is the mission statement?

4. Website with membership possibilities
5. Exposure
6. Expansion/wider adoption of Skeincoin community

In my opinion, we need to have a solid and clear message, infrastructure to cope with bigger amounts of miners or at least some idea of expansion before we start launching anything. 

Done:

www.skeincoinfoundation.org = ours

For now this is it. We proceed from this day on:

If anyone agrees or disagrees at this moment with any of the previous mentioned please do comment, and also why.

Activity: 227
Merit: 260
February 08, 2014, 06:06:57 PM
I don't really think so. For example vertcoin: It's was very hard to mine it at the beginning, modified miner was giving a lot of HW and rejects, but still it's become popular in short time.

I think that the main problem of Skein is the information about it. No one knows about it, no one speaks. This thread has only 46 pages for 3 month, while any new coin can easily get 100+ in one month. We need just to create AWESOME SITE and start posting info about skein everywhere. For example cryptsy feature requests!!! If you post comment in FR everyone subscribed from that request will get the email with you replay! But to start that we MUST have good site, few pools, and cgminer Undecided (I didn't say that we don't need it, just said that it's not the main issue of the coin)
I still think cgminer implementation should be a priority. Nobody besides miners is investing in new coins. Tbh i never used any of the official sites. When I wanted information about a coin I looked it up at their official topic on this forum.
With poclbm I cant even remotely monitor my hashrate or manage the pools. Cgminer has a lot of software developed around it and people know how to use it.
Besides, if you only want to mine this coins and dump it on cryptsy I can tell you its not going to happen anytime soon. For me the current situation is almost ideal, the difficulty is quite low so I can get more coins while investing less resources in it ;]

Yes, agree that noone looks at the official site for the information, but they look on it too evaluate the coin "state": if it looks bad, than they think that no one cares about the coin itself, no development going, etc. I were promoting the Skein among some of my friends miners, and it was very hard to convince them, that it's not a cheep clone coin. Right now a lot of miner just even don't really know what they doing, just changing pool in miner config and choose forks according to profitability, or even use auto-switching pools.

And about cgminer, anyway it would be modified version, so everyone still would need to get, install, and setup it.
Activity: 151
February 08, 2014, 03:36:39 PM
perhapes we should start a foundation website (like Red Kendra mentioned) with membership etc. i would love to buy myself a spot! Cheesy

@escobol yeah reoder is de dev who is able to make that cgminer.. but we should not depend on one dev.. we need more dev's onboard (with donations?)
Activity: 158
Merit: 39
February 08, 2014, 03:26:31 PM
Yeah, cgminer is a must , but i think only reorder is able to make it,

With cgminer we got open way for: lease, bamt etc
Activity: 151
February 08, 2014, 02:42:17 PM
Sound like we need a plan from this day on.

I will spend time for the Skeincoinfoundation from now on. It looks to me we have a solid team of more than well developed dev's, continuous group of miners and a lot peeps who would like to work on getting exposure for skeincoin. This is why I suggest:

1. We initiate the skeincoinfoundation

2. We start with looking for members which want to be on the board of this foundation, suggestions where made by Gielbier earlier on. How about that?

3. Start with making a visionstatement into the future

4. Formalizing of actionplan on what we need to do(website,cgminer, blablabla) from our current position as skeincoin towards the near and far future

5. Which peeps do we need to be with us mining?

This plan is probably an incomplete plan of development, therefore any more suggestions or comments regarding the Skeincoinfoundation are more than welcome.

Who is in? When do we meet/chat/whatvr.
PM or reply here.

i'm in 2!
Activity: 182
February 08, 2014, 01:24:18 PM
I don't really think so. For example vertcoin: It's was very hard to mine it at the beginning, modified miner was giving a lot of HW and rejects, but still it's become popular in short time.

I think that the main problem of Skein is the information about it. No one knows about it, no one speaks. This thread has only 46 pages for 3 month, while any new coin can easily get 100+ in one month. We need just to create AWESOME SITE and start posting info about skein everywhere. For example cryptsy feature requests!!! If you post comment in FR everyone subscribed from that request will get the email with you replay! But to start that we MUST have good site, few pools, and cgminer Undecided (I didn't say that we don't need it, just said that it's not the main issue of the coin)
I still think cgminer implementation should be a priority. Nobody besides miners is investing in new coins. Tbh i never used any of the official sites. When I wanted information about a coin I looked it up at their official topic on this forum.
With poclbm I cant even remotely monitor my hashrate or manage the pools. Cgminer has a lot of software developed around it and people know how to use it.
Besides, if you only want to mine this coins and dump it on cryptsy I can tell you its not going to happen anytime soon. For me the current situation is almost ideal, the difficulty is quite low so I can get more coins while investing less resources in it ;]
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
February 08, 2014, 12:31:24 PM

I will spend time for the Skeincoinfoundation from now on. It looks to me we have a solid team of more than well developed dev's, continuous group of miners and a lot peeps who would like to work on getting exposure for skeincoin. This is why I suggest:

2. We start with looking for members which want to be on the board of this foundation, suggestions where made by Gielbier earlier on. How about that?

4. Formalizing of actionplan on what we need to do(website,cgminer, blablabla) from our current position as skeincoin towards the near and far future

This plan is probably an incomplete plan of development, therefore any more suggestions or comments regarding the Skeincoinfoundation are more than welcome.

PM or reply here.

I'm in Smiley

I suppose the first step is to get a web site for the foundation. Anyone want to volunteer to design a basic site and host it?
Activity: 162
February 08, 2014, 11:40:18 AM

PM or reply here.

Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
February 08, 2014, 02:37:06 AM
Who is the dev of Skeincoin, I want to offer my help to him, how can I contact him.
Red Kendra
Send this member a personal message.
Activity: 7
February 08, 2014, 02:16:05 AM
Who is the dev of Skeincoin, I want to offer my help to him, how can I contact him.
Activity: 227
Merit: 260
February 07, 2014, 06:03:14 PM
Yeah same here. Probably buying/mining around 30k and store 100k in a paperwallet.

100k? That's huge % of all currently mined coins. And something like 0.59% of all possible Skeincoins O.o

This coin is not popular because you cant mine it with cgminer. I dont really care about the price, im not selling my coins below
$1000  Cool

Activity: 186
Merit: 101
February 07, 2014, 01:40:13 PM
You get 4000/day with 400Mhash?
I have 2x7970GE for ~400Mhash and skc.coinmine.pl is giving 3k/day

Diff was a bit lower when I posted that. I'm also at about 3k/day now.
Activity: 10
February 07, 2014, 01:33:33 PM
You get 4000/day with 400Mhash?
I have 2x7970GE for ~400Mhash and skc.coinmine.pl is giving 3k/day
Activity: 914
Making Smart Money Work
February 07, 2014, 01:32:01 PM
Yeah same here. Probably buying/mining around 30k and store 100k in a paperwallet.
Activity: 182
February 07, 2014, 01:02:57 PM
This coin is not popular because you cant mine it with cgminer. I dont really care about the price, im not selling my coins below
$1000  Cool
Activity: 186
Merit: 101
February 07, 2014, 07:38:45 AM
Someone is selling at 0.00000880 at openex Shocked

Time to move on...don't let the Skein die!!!

This is not a bad price for the current difficulty.
Mining with 2 x R9280X (400mh/s) for about 4000 SKC per day.
So that's about 0.035 BTC per day which is probably double what I'd get on somewhere like Hashcows.
Not selling though! Wink
February 07, 2014, 01:43:06 AM
Is any trading going on outside the exchanges? I've seen a few WTS threads but no one seems to want to buy. Guess we'll wait for Cryptsy....
The problem is everyone here is bullish so will only sell @ 3x the exchange. And the exchange has an extraordinarily low volume
Activity: 10
February 06, 2014, 11:22:07 PM
Is any trading going on outside the exchanges? I've seen a few WTS threads but no one seems to want to buy. Guess we'll wait for Cryptsy....
February 06, 2014, 07:49:35 PM
Yeah, I would buy it if I wasn't a bit scared of openex. It's to much trouble to keep sending btc to and from it. Might buy for  .2 btc at .00001

a few good news for openex (.. at least)
- I got all my missing SKCs (about 5000) after a few complaints
- they introduced withdraw confirmations via mail as standard

I guess it's still not secure, but it's not as bad as it was before.

if miners sellout, just buy that cheap stuff.
and jehas, we need more PR for skc
yeah the more we buy the more power we have to drive the price upward. I can't wait until Cryptsy  Smiley
emu
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
stupidity manager
February 06, 2014, 07:33:39 PM
Yeah, I would buy it if I wasn't a bit scared of openex. It's to much trouble to keep sending btc to and from it. Might buy for  .2 btc at .00001

a few good news for openex (.. at least)
- I got all my missing SKCs (about 5000) after a few complaints
- they introduced withdraw confirmations via mail as standard

I guess it's still not secure, but it's not as bad as it was before.

if miners sellout, just buy that cheap stuff.
and jehas, we need more PR for skc
Pages:
Jump to: