Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [SKC] Skeincoin 0.9.3.1 | Skein-SHA2 - page 55. (Read 161541 times)

Activity: 158
Merit: 39
I agree with emu 100%
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
I am only basing my asking price on what I perceive as a valid amount for what effort I put into this coin.

I mined near the very start and have been sitting on 16K for 6-8 weeks now... something like that.

Now with the GPU miner, I can net 1K per day. With scrypt coin hopping... I can average $8 per day at current BTC prices.

Given only us few have gotten SKC GPU mining to work, and no exchanges have it yet, I feel that makes it 2X and 2X again what a scrypt coin is worth. So $32 a day for 1K SKC... about .035 BTC give or take, .35 BTC for 10K... yeah... i feel that is appropriate right now. to ask for more is just greedy and unrealistic.

So... 10K SKC for 0.35 BTC still for sale. I will also take 12 LTC. No haggling.
emu
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
stupidity manager
my 5cents @ coinpricing

the worth of a coin is defined by the market. no one can tell what a price will be and the prices for coins are fair for both sides in my opinion. On side takes the risk to get less money than they would get when holding, the other side takes the risk of paying $$$ for a coin that may be worth way less then they paid or nothing in the end. so while the miner side does not rly loose more than a chance, the buyers take a big part of the risk. if a miner is mining for weeks and gets just 0,001 btc for his coins i would agree, but most people here are biding/charging >100$ for their SKCs (independent of the amount, just think about the worth of the miningtime) and that is NOT pocketmoney (maybe for some it is...).

so miners, plz sell some of your coins instead of holding, thus without selling a coin is worth nothing and will never get to an exchange. keep 10-50% of your mined coins and in the end everyone can be happy and the coin might succeed Smiley
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
I dont know why are you selling those coins so cheap. 10K skc is over 300 blocks and more than 0.05% of the total coins. The difficulty is increasing fast and were 3/4 away from halving the block reward only 2 months after the release of the coin. Im not trying to persuade anyone to do anything but this doesnt seem like the standard pump and dump coin to me Wink
What then, in your opinion, are these coins worth? I also think this coin has a lot of potential, but due to the lack of support on a major exchange, it is hard for people to put a value on the coins and trade them.  
Activity: 44
I dont know why are you selling those coins so cheap. 10K skc is over 300 blocks and more than 0.05% of the total coins. The difficulty is increasing fast and were 3/4 away from halving the block reward only 2 months after the release of the coin. Im not trying to persuade anyone to do anything but this doesnt seem like the standard pump and dump coin to me Wink

I think it's because the coin is not on an exchange, so they don't perceive it as successfully or with a future. Difficulty growth tells to me another story, let's see.
Activity: 19
WTS 15k. PM with offer.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Activity: 70
:)
Hi all,
 Smiley
WTS
1k for 0.05btc
3k for 0.125btc
12k for 0.45btc (special New Year offer Smiley)
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
WTS 10K SKC for 0.35 BTC PM me.
WTS 5k for 0.15btc, got 10k sold
Activity: 3
WTB    who have  sent me news , Tongue  with price  tks   
emu
Activity: 69
stupidity manager
WTS 10k, pm with offer

bought 5k, thanks, everything worked fine Smiley

still WTB, pm me if you have 1k SKC or more
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
Per aspera.... Smiley
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
skeincon ad astra! 120
0_0
Activity: 227
Merit: 260
I've managed to run CodeXL's GPU profiler on poclbm-skc Smiley I've used cx_Freeze-4.3.2 to generate executable form .py files. Here is the detailed profiler's output:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=35957564424055866207

There are only few memory leaks detected and a lot of unnecessary synchronizations warnings. So probably the only thing left is kernel's search method itself. I will try to use only vector types there, but it could take a while with my current poor knowledge of OpenCL Sad
Activity: 104
good coin

this is going on the hard money.
Activity: 539
good coin
Activity: 227
Merit: 260
Looks like you misunderstand the local memory, it is shared between threads in a workgroup, and you do not want all threads writing in this array simultaneously. The idea is to get rid of array and replace it wilt just 16 uint variables: AMD stores arrays in global memory when optimization cannot coerce them into registers (and optimization is not necessarily supersmart), and uint variables are always mapped to registers (then there may be register spilling if you don't have enough of them, but at least you get a warning).

Ah, big thanks for the clarification. Probably the time to read opencl documentation has come Smiley
And it's not the last my fail for today Embarrassed I've tested double Skein today and it was runing at 780MH/s on 5870 only due to avoiding last bitwise AND check (hash & 0xf0ffffff). So it's wrong data Sad And maybe your SHA256 implementation performs really well and there might be no reason to change it. Will start testing and search of the bottleneck from a scratch tomorrow...sorry for disinformation  Embarrassed
Activity: 462
Casting uint to uint16 compiles on your system? Guess something is awfully wrong with it, then, it is against OpenCL spec (and common sense Smiley ). Anyway, it would be great if you manage to optimize sha256, I have only quickly thrown together something that worked for me and feel somewhat embarrassed now that it is public.

Yeah, compiles, even tried fresh checkout:D
Code:
    if(sha256_res(sha256_res(as_uint16(state))) & 0xf0ffffff)
        return;
Agree, that's really weird casting Smiley And no worries about the code, you kernel works, and thank you very much for developing and publishing it!!!

I've already moved W[62] and all it usages to kernel's search method, declared it as local, but haven't got any significant speedup. Tried to rid off all vectors, but made even much worse Smiley Now will try to use original poclbm sha256D search with reduced rounds (without 2nd call).

Is skeincoin's SHA256 hash function the same as the one used in normal SHA256 coins? Or is it a variation?

It's the same, but not double sha256 as in Bitcoin and other coins, so we can't just reuse well optimized bitcoin's kernel.
Looks like you misunderstand the local memory, it is shared between threads in a workgroup, and you do not want all threads writing in this array simultaneously. The idea is to get rid of array and replace it wilt just 16 uint variables: AMD stores arrays in global memory when optimization cannot coerce them into registers (and optimization is not necessarily supersmart), and uint variables are always mapped to registers (then there may be register spilling if you don't have enough of them, but at least you get a warning).
Pages:
Jump to: