Pages:
Author

Topic: 🌱[ANN] SOIL | Environmental | Agriculture | Smart Contracts | Sustainable - page 58. (Read 237604 times)

Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Come on  guys, be quiet!
I'm trying to buy some coins here!
Activity: 722
Merit: 501
So what going on with this coin currently seeing so much dumping and hating and price tumbling down below what it started at? Shame to see this happen as was going up and nice level on increase on value now seeing nothing buy double triple down, What gives?

nature of the beast with cryptocurrency exchanges. half the time theres no rhyme or reason, one person might sell off a nice chunk and everyone follows. theres really very little logic to how most people invest in crypto. you see so many currencies that are, essentially, dead in the water, absentee development teams, etc., and they THRIVE. theres nothing we can do to control the valuation, so we just continue to plug away on our projects. for me, the valuation is secondary to what we are building, although i LOVE seeing it higher and having the miners make some money and the early investors make some money. but as someone said, nows the time to buy cheap. or cheaper than what it was at. theres not a lot of SOIL available on the market... less than 9% of the total mintage.  doubling the current valuation would cost less than 2BTC, which leaves everything open for what a pump group looks for.

i think we've been riding the ETH wave lately, and even that is falling back to earth. when we release new developments, the price rises again, generally. i know im a good week behind releasing SOIL-ex. ive just been taking a small break away from crypto with my daughter down from out west...  SOIL-ex is MOSTLY ready, its deployed, and the website is written and published, right now im just fighting with some issues on teh front end. i had hoped to have it out yesterday, but had a seizure and spent most of the nighti n a post-ictal coma-nap. tomorrow i try a different tack with the front end and see if i cant fix the issue. i desperately want to get it out, as i have a secondary project ready to coincide with it and really want to get that running. plus... i have a thousand other projects i want to dig into so...

legendary
Activity: 1393
Merit: 1001
So what going on with this coin currently seeing so much dumping and hating and price tumbling down below what it started at? Shame to see this happen as was going up and nice level on increase on value now seeing nothing buy double triple down, What gives?
I look at it as a good opportunity to buy coins on the cheap. If you believe in the project buy cheap, and if not, sell to me.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Activity: 399
Merit: 250
can I use the soil coin in my farm ville app?
i think you can
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1055
can I use the soil coin in my farm ville app?
im just taking a little bit of family time right now, but ill answer all your emails etc soon as i get back. thanks!
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
SOILteam
Activity: 381
Merit: 101
Community, I will replenish abvhiael's developers fund back to 50K SOIL.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14194473

In addition abvhiael will receive 50K SOIL as developer reserve.

He is doing a great job for SOIL and he's part of the SOILteam nearly since our launch.
So, it's just fair that both of us holding the same amount of SOILcoin as developer fund.

A while ago I took 50K SOIL of my developer fund for paying open server bills, website bills etc...
and yes, I got a small amount of profit. I will replenish my developers fund back to 150k as compensation.

Thanks for let us know, keep doing the good job man! Cheers!
legendary
Activity: 1393

He is doing a great job for SOIL and he's part of the SOILteam nearly since our launch.
So, it's just fair that both of us holding the same amount of SOILcoin as developer fund.

A while ago I took 50K SOIL of my developer fund for paying open server bills, website bills etc...
and yes, I got a small amount of profit. I will replenish my developers fund back to 150k as compensation.
works for me....Thanks for all your hard work.
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
SOILteam

read this on polo trollbox

Then it's not true  Wink

Polo do not announce what coins they are going to list, it just happens.

we've applied for listing at poloniex, and theres been wonderful community support with retweets, so i think that eventually we will be listed there, but ive received no word from them regarding this. from the amount of vetting ive done regarding different exchanges, poloniex is one of the better ones, so i do hope we are eventually listed there. the slice of exchange exposure that id like to see SOIL represented on gets smaller all the time, as i want to ensure that exchanges we list upon are ones that we can count on.

in writing up the white paper for SOIL-ex, i did a LOT of research on the failed exchanges, and its an arm's length list thats generally populated with tales of fraudulent exchange ownership, and how quickly and easily they can make off with the money. thats something id like to insulate SOILcoin from, as best as possible.

that being said, im still trying to figure my way thru the chinese exchanges, as i think being listed there would bring a great deal of exposure to SOIL, and have talked to an exgirlfriend of mine about translating our OP into chinese in preparation of that.

polo, though... itll happen when it happens. im certain we WILL see it happen, as we continue to improve our protocol, to develop our services... and to have such a steadfast and involved community. the fact that we're being bandied about on the trollbox, though, is a good sign. if theyre talking about us, that will bring added impetus to bring SOIL in.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500

read this on polo trollbox

Then it's not true  Wink

Polo do not announce what coins they are going to list, it just happens.
Activity: 304
Merit: 250
is it true that SOIL will be listed on poloniex ?
read this on polo trollbox, think guys are moving found to btx to buy some
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Azure is very good

A lot of coins like etherieum is at azure

Azure is just a phase, the novelty will wear off, especially as just about anything can join.

Also, IMO, joining Azure is potentially dangerous, there's almost certainly an ulterior motive in Microsoft's eagerness to sign blockchains up.

Basically, Azure is giving one click installs on it's servers, this can be achieved in other ways on Azure without signing any draconian agreement.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
Azure is very good

A lot of coins like etherieum is at azure
Hasn't this coin applied for Microsoft Azure
Once accepted polo will come           

i hadnt looked into azure yet, but am doing so today. i noticed that the bizspark startup services looked good, but that every announcemnt from new currencies signing up are canned form letters, and that the "partnership" with microsoft that some are claiming is somewhat misrepresented. the bizsparks program allows $120,000 in Azure usage over 1 year, not as some currencies have claimed, that microsoft contributes these funds for software and services is given directly to the projects in question. after the first year, server costs will come into play, as well as software licensing costs.

microsoft is also known for its data collection techniques, the BizSparks EULA allows provisions for bandwidth control, keylogging, browser histories.. each "startup" that applies to use biszparks grants a limited license for microsoft to use the startup's trademarks, logos, and other business identifiers as well as grants MS the right to publish, use, reference and display the startup's name (SOILcoin, for example), including quotes, pictures, names etc. related to the startup.

the whole question is... where we exist in a decentralized atmosphere, with pseudonymous protection and strong blockchain security... how much of that is given up in order to have Microsoft provide exposure for a blockchain? theyve already stated that "microsoft's services can serve as an arbiter in cryptographic key storage" which says a lot... do your private-keys cease having the protection of exclusively being end-user controlled and stored?

ive opened a personal azure account to look around the system, and as a developer, its a great resource. ive started the process of application for bizspark as well, to see what its all about under the gift wrapping. its definitely something to look into, but my biggest concern is that we eventually give up autonomy to having everything run thru centralized (owned by microsoft) servers rather than produce the sorts of decentralized applications that provide the same services (such as storj for decentralized storage, or something like bitmessage for cryptographically secure messaging) sure, its EASIER to leverage these sorts of services and applications thru microsoft, but isnt the whole point of cryptocurrency to remain decentralized and not under control (however tenuous, its still spelled out in the user agreements) of a megacorp? 

i dont know if there are enough answers supplied or services easy to find with azure yet, but i dont have the experience necessary, with the platform, to make an empirical judgement call. i know that having signed up with azure, personally, i cant find any of the "Blockchain as a Service" platforms easily. i guess its a "six of one, half dozen of the other" sorta thing. it comes down to how much PRIVACY do we give away as an independent blockchain and cryptocurrency to have the convenience of a microsoft run and supported development environment? 

Activity: 160
Merit: 10

SOIL-ex is composed of several smart contracts running on the SOILcoin blockchain, chiefly etherex.se and etx.se. These contracts interact with each other to commit cryptocurrency trades, executed directly between users, with no middleman or fees between.

This coin is one of a kind
Pages:
Jump to: