Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Solcoin [SOL] - page 15. (Read 33092 times)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10
January 08, 2014, 07:19:48 AM
Pool has been launched!!!
 Grin Grin Grin Grin

Nice. If you reply with a Solcoin address we'd like to give you one of the two pre-mined blocks as a symbolic reward for being the first pool to help the coin out.
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
January 08, 2014, 07:17:57 AM
Ok, thank you. I will be waiting!

I too face the same problem with Windows 7 64 bit.

Found the problem. A DLL was missing, managing to fool us by already being installed on the three test systems as part of another unrelated application. For some reason it wasn't even spotted by the dependency walker. The Windows Qt download has been updated and now contains all the necessary DLLs. Don't forget that you also need Microsoft's MSVC runtime libraries, required for anything using Qt.

Latest version crashes on start. "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact....etc".
Win7 64bit.

Event viewer:
Faulting application name: solcoin-qt.exe, version: 0.8.6.1, time stamp: 0x52cc9921
Faulting module name: Qt5Core.dll, version: 5.0.2.0, time stamp: 0x5163676c
Exception code: 0x40000015
Activity: 112
January 08, 2014, 06:44:27 AM
SolCoin pool launched
We are first and best SolCoin mining pool.
http://sol.updamoon.com

1% FEE ONLY
NO TX FEE
VARDIFF

DDOS PROTECTION (BIGGEST DATA CENTER IN California)
AUTOMATED PAYMENTS

much profit! much BTC

Any problems please raport here in thread or pm me

IF YOUR ACCOUNT IS LOCKED.POOL STILL COUNT YOUR MINING!

Keep mining ,dont worry support will unlock it

Pool has been launched!!!
 Grin Grin Grin Grin
January 08, 2014, 06:36:38 AM

Found the problem. A DLL was missing, managing to fool us by already being installed on the three test systems as part of another unrelated application. For some reason it wasn't even spotted by the dependency walker. The Windows Qt download has been updated and now contains all the necessary DLLs. Don't forget that you also need Microsoft's MSVC runtime libraries, required for anything using Qt.
Activity: 616
Merit: 526
January 08, 2014, 04:35:33 AM
I have windows 7 64bit. Just did what you asked. No coins, so I deleted the Solcoin folder for %appdata%. Result, same error and no Solcoin folder created in %appdata%.
Arghhh, I haven't been able to mine since the beginning.  What is missing?

Hard to say when Qt is never returning a useful error message. All required DLLs are supplied in the zip archive. Me and the other developer will look into the problem again tomorrow.

Activity: 260
Merit: 250
January 08, 2014, 12:11:40 AM
I have windows 7 64bit. Just did what you asked. No coins, so I deleted the Solcoin folder for %appdata%. Result, same error and no Solcoin folder created in %appdata%.

Hard to say when Qt is never returning a useful error message. All required DLLs are supplied in the zip archive. Me and the other developer will look into the problem again tomorrow.

January 07, 2014, 11:40:25 PM

January 07, 2014, 11:31:02 PM
Now I can´t even open the wallet with this new update!!!!

It says " The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

Newer versions of Qt are a bit finicky with older versions of Windows. What version of Windows are you running? We have succesfully used the new wallet on two Windows 7/64 installations and one Vista/64 installation.

If you have no coins in your wallet, then try to simply delete the entire Solcoin dir from %APPDATA%, and then restart the new client. If you have any coins in your wallet then use the old client to export the private key for the wallet and save it somewhere for later. Then, backup your wallet file to the desktop, just in case, and then remove the entire Solcoin directory from %APPDATA%. Start the new client, let it download the blockchain, and then import the wallet's private key.

January 07, 2014, 11:25:21 PM
SolCoin pool launched
We are first and best SolCoin mining pool.
http://sol.updamoon.com

1% FEE ONLY
NO TX FEE
VARDIFF

DDOS PROTECTION (BIGGEST DATA CENTER IN California)
AUTOMATED PAYMENTS

much profit! much BTC

Any problems please raport here in thread or pm me

IF YOUR ACCOUNT IS LOCKED.POOL STILL COUNT YOUR MINING!

Keep mining ,dont worry support will unlock it
January 07, 2014, 11:03:00 PM

It says " The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

Newer versions of Qt are a bit finicky with older versions of Windows. What version of Windows are you running? We have succesfully used the new wallet on two Windows 7/64 installations and one Vista/64 installation.

If you have no coins in your wallet, then try to simply delete the entire Solcoin dir from %APPDATA%, and then restart the new client. If you have any coins in your wallet then use the old client to export the private key for the wallet and save it somewhere for later. Then, backup your wallet file to the desktop, just in case, and then remove the entire Solcoin directory from %APPDATA%. Start the new client, let it download the blockchain, and then import the wallet's private key.
January 07, 2014, 10:32:14 PM

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
January 07, 2014, 10:02:45 PM
res
Activity: 308
January 07, 2014, 09:47:54 PM
nice, should bring more popularity. keeping my ubuntu though  Cool
January 07, 2014, 09:46:17 PM
Windows Qt wallet has been updated. Give it a try.
January 07, 2014, 05:26:37 PM
maybe dead.

Not dead. Nodes are up, blockchain works, mining works. Difficulty is at 1.13, and users have mined 296 blocks in total since the launch. We're not abandoning this.

We're busy trying to wrangle with Qt4.8 to make a stable Windows wallet. It has proven harder than expected to get it to compile and run using MinGW, while the Qt5.2 wallet compiles with no problem but is for unknown reasons unstable for some users. As soon as the new Windows wallet is done we'll make it available together with an update.
January 07, 2014, 09:45:45 AM
hey.. mining works since the beginning.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
January 07, 2014, 09:06:15 AM
maybe dead.
Activity: 210
January 07, 2014, 07:48:52 AM
high diff ("difficulty" : 1.13088870,) already and crashing client , another fail
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
January 07, 2014, 07:45:30 AM
Windows client not available, you have reached your daily traffic allowance! (poor planning)
Activity: 210
January 07, 2014, 07:42:03 AM
crashing here too
Pages:
Jump to: