Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming) - page 226. (Read 790391 times)

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
Its just a shame I am AMD Smiley

Just a quick note for anybody updating to Windows 10 (and associated latest AMD drivers).  On Windows 8.1 I was able to download the SpreadX11 miner and mine away reasonably happy without an sgminer.conf file.  On Windows 10 this will not work as sgminer will not take your card out of power saving mode leading to very low hashrates (slower than CPU mining!).  It is easy to fix...you just need to create an sgminer.conf for your AMD card with appropriate parameters to force the AMD drivers to wake themselves up from power saving mode.

I just googled for a .conf file for X11 for my card and those parameters worked fine for me.

What hashrates are you getting?

Hi!

About 1.2M with an AMD R9 270

I get a *lot* more than that with your optimised X11 miner with the same card  Smiley

Yeah, but you also do a SHITTON of stupid sha256 hashes that aren't done in X11 with SpreadX11.

Being generally clueless, I had the good fortune to be on Slack when georgem unravelled what was going on with SPRX11.  I like what it stands for but I hate how inefficient it is.

Why over 3000 SHA256 hashes were used, I'll never know.

We may never find out.  Something to be addressed one day.  Inefficiency by design is inexcusable.  Roll on X11 ASICS Wink
legendary
Decentralize Everything

Just a quick note for anybody updating to Windows 10 (and associated latest AMD drivers).  On Windows 8.1 I was able to download the SpreadX11 miner and mine away reasonably happy without an sgminer.conf file.  On Windows 10 this will not work as sgminer will not take your card out of power saving mode leading to very low hashrates (slower than CPU mining!).  It is easy to fix...you just need to create an sgminer.conf for your AMD card with appropriate parameters to force the AMD drivers to wake themselves up from power saving mode.

I just googled for a .conf file for X11 for my card and those parameters worked fine for me.

Hi!

I get a *lot* more than that with your optimised X11 miner with the same card  Smiley

Yeah, but you also do a SHITTON of stupid sha256 hashes that aren't done in X11 with SpreadX11.

Being generally clueless, I had the good fortune to be on Slack when georgem unravelled what was going on with SPRX11.  I like what it stands for but I hate how inefficient it is.

legendary
Decentralize Everything

Hi!

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
hm, quite curious,

if you use the duckduckgo search engine, you get all the right results for spreadcoin, including recent price, etc:

While when you use google, the results are pretty lame:

we only come in at rank 4, and there is no price mentioned.

I continue to dislike google more and more with every passing day... lol  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---

i think wolf0 has done ( or can do for a fee ) an optimized version of sgminer for spreadx11 ...

im completely on linux - and the majority of thefarm is now nvidia ... which is why ive used sp's optimized spreadminer - as he gives the sourcecode to build ...

#crysx
legendary
Decentralize Everything

legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Optimized miner for sale 0.1 BTC (With full sourcecode linux compatible)

NVIDIA Maxwell cards only (gtx 750, 750ti, 950,960,970,980,980ti)
Spreadminer sp-mod 9: 10-20% faster.

My modded miner can do 5MHASH with overclocking on the gtx 970.

I am working on version 10 for the buyers with a higher hashrate.

Pm for details.

and this is why i was mining a pool using sp's optimized miner ...

its well worth the btc for the miner sp has ...

#crysx
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
Optimized miner for sale 0.1 BTC (With full sourcecode linux compatible)

NVIDIA Maxwell cards only (gtx 750, 750ti, 950,960,970,980,980ti)
Spreadminer sp-mod 9: 10-20% faster.

My modded miner can do 5MHASH with overclocking on the gtx 970.

I am working on version 10 for the buyers with a higher hashrate.

Pm for details.
legendary
spreadcoin.info
Hey the price jumped up a little. Good. Lets hope it keeps increasing.
If there was a progress bar for servicenodes what percentage would it be at? 10%?

If I were forced to estimate I would say approximately 35%
Ah, awesome! Just wondering, when did the progress start? Was it 2 months after Mr. spread left or was it like 4 months ago?

well, last months don't really count, since I didn't have much time to work on anything.

Since beginning of november I can concentrate much more on spreadcoin.

So... Stay tuned!

Wink
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
If there was a progress bar for servicenodes what percentage would it be at? 10%?

Ah, awesome! Just wondering, when did the progress start? Was it 2 months after Mr. spread left or was it like 4 months ago?
legendary
spreadcoin.info

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

New customer took me here for dinner

Great place in Munich. He said hi and sorry for the 5-1 thing.

legendary
Decentralize Everything
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
I feel like a whale with such low hashrate Tongue
legendary
spreadcoin.info
Any news on service nodes?

Working on them on a daily basis!

Activity: 121
Merit: 10
Any news on service nodes?
legendary
Decentralize Everything
We haven't seen our resident troll for a while. What gives?  Maybe we did know who he was after all.

Jump to: