Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming) - page 264. (Read 790391 times)

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
Yup, same here. Eagerly waiting for service node testing to begin!

I too am waiting for SN testing. I'm expecting to wait another 2 weeks - 2 months before testing starts.

So don't be disappointed if we aren't testing by the end of the month Smiley

I expect that testing will be broken into baby step chunks.  Hopefully this means that testing will start sooner than we currently expect.

I've got my fingers crossed... Crossed?.. Crossed.

I think they say "holding your thumbs" in Sweden  Grin

Yes, Sweden is a strange place..  Shocked

We have the same activity scores.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

I too am waiting for SN testing. I'm expecting to wait another 2 weeks - 2 months before testing starts.

I expect that testing will be broken into baby step chunks.  Hopefully this means that testing will start sooner than we currently expect.

I think they say "holding your thumbs" in Sweden  Grin

Yes, Sweden is a strange place..  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1456

bump

Any views on % split of rewards between service node operators and miners? See sheet 2 of this spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_h-vf1YOjXT9B1ELiOuRh8GG0OmsxSVwqwpEeJLcjIY/edit#gid=1994079775

There is some exciting news about revenue splits between node operators and miners, but we'll just have to wait a little longer. In the meantime, thoughts on above as a starting point?

edits
legendary
Decentralize Everything

I expect that testing will be broken into baby step chunks.  Hopefully this means that testing will start sooner than we currently expect.

I think they say "holding your thumbs" in Sweden  Grin
legendary

I expect that testing will be broken into baby step chunks.  Hopefully this means that testing will start sooner than we currently expect.

legendary
Decentralize Everything

legendary

legendary
Testing full nodes... What about your ServiceNodes you all rave about ?

You there, at the back: pay closer attention

Activity: 525
Merit: 510
Activity: 121
Merit: 10
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Testing full nodes... What about your ServiceNodes you all rave about ?
Activity: 268
Merit: 250
Bitcoin core 0.11x is out

https://bitcoin.org/en/release/v0.11.0

Makes SPR full Bitcoin nodes more important. This version enables pruning. This means users can opt to have a slimmer version of the bitcoin database.

So whose keeping a full copy?  Wink

Full node here, ready to test  Cool
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
Nodes That Serve

Makes SPR full Bitcoin nodes more important. This version enables pruning. This means users can opt to have a slimmer version of the bitcoin database.

I'm looking forwards for testing to start  Cool
legendary
Email crypto - love it

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3d0xsk/you_can_now_email_bitcoins_as_an_attachment/

private keys are encrypted and sent as part of an attachment.

Nice idea, might suffer from many problems, e.g people scared of clicking on attachment links for starters.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info

Yeah, I wonder why no X11 based coin ever had the idea of putting all sphlib related classes and headers into a designated folder.

Looks much more ordered now.

Neat!
Activity: 268
Merit: 250
^perhaps  Grin

In other news:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114819/mcafee-nyse-outage-may-have-been-a-cyber-attack

Looks like last weeks 'glitch' at the NYSE, which halted the exchange for 3 hours, might be something more than just a slight technical hiccup.

I like the way the article ends:

"It is important to be clear that there is no hard evidence yet as to whether there is a relationship between the Chinese crash and the technical incidents in America. However the timing cannot be ignored, and some argue that this is another move in the financial wars that have been going on for years. Or perhaps, it is all just a big coincidence. "
legendary
^perhaps  Grin

In other news:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114819/mcafee-nyse-outage-may-have-been-a-cyber-attack

Looks like last weeks 'glitch' at the NYSE, which halted the exchange for 3 hours, might be something more than just a slight technical hiccup.
Activity: 171
Merit: 100
From the latest Dash strategy update posted earlier today
Quote from: eduffield

Bitcoin and the Blocksize debate

In the last few weeks, a debate has been raging across all Bitcoin discussion forums on whether or not to increase Bitcoin’s block size limit. Actually the debate has been going on for longer than that but the rate and temperature of discussion have been greatly increased more recently.

For the Bitcoin project, both sides are correct in their assumption that the blocksize issue is a real problem. However, they’re stuck in between a rock and a hard place. If they increase the blocksize, they will risk losing more full nodes due to the cost of operating a node, which in turn makes the network less robust and prone to DDOS attacks and other issues. If they don’t increase the blocksize, the network will become increasingly more expensive to send money on and naturally competitors will begin to look more attractive to the general public.

As for our position in this debate, we’re not in any immediate danger and have a plan for how to deal with this issue when it comes up. In fact we’re already planning the tools for how we will support a massive amount of transactions. What if we kept the blocksize limit at 1MB and had a great wallet for general users that used off-chain transactions the majority of the time? As a result we would have a small blockchain, low fees and nearly limitless transaction support. The goal is to stay lean and allow for growth at the same time.

perhaps spr may have a solution  Wink
Jump to: