Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 17. (Read 20054 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Great job here. I am not technically savvy but was able to set up the MN in testnet (I can't even follow the write up to set up DRK MN). That is one reason I believe SPR will be successful, having a highly knowledgeable dev that bridge technology to the masses. Also not forgetting that SPR has so many "actually working" volunteers to complement Mr. Spread's work to move forward.  Timing was right when the fudding happened and I picked up some decent amount of SPR.

The user friendly aspect is definitely under appreciated.  I was expecting to have to figure things out when testnet went live and was pleasantly surprised when I didn't have to...

It'll be interesting to see how development goes.  Mr Spread is updating consistently and that is what counts...
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
Damn, I had the "Mr Spread" account. We should have used that.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
To celebrate the new thread without trolls, I've create a nice buy wall

placed a 1k buy at c-cex .
Activity: 202
Great job here. I am not technically savvy but was able to set up the MN in testnet (I can't even follow the write up to set up DRK MN). That is one reason I believe SPR will be successful, having a highly knowledgeable dev that bridge technology to the masses. Also not forgetting that SPR has so many "actually working" volunteers to complement Mr. Spread's work to move forward.  Timing was right when the fudding happened and I picked up some decent amount of SPR.
Activity: 728
I think the translations of announcement should change the link of the original announcement for this one. What is the opnion of you?  Smiley

I apologize, but I'm not quite sure what you mean.  Could you please elaborate?

I think he means that the links contained in the translated threads pointing to the old thread should be changed to point to this thread.

That is my impression.

On a side note, I am pleased to see a calmer thread.  I support relevant discourse but repetition of accusations that have been addressed are nothing but spam tactics.

Looking forward to the next testnet coming up in a few days...

Edit - Read the rest of the page after answering...oops.
Activity: 198
Does anyone want to offer up a future price prediction to get our spirits up? I'm predicting $1 in a month.

It's going to be interesting for sure once masternodes come to mainnet.  If the network doesn't fork and there's no major issues with them, then things get exciting.  What will be really fascinating to watch is how the market reacts to the competitive nature of masternodes.  I personally think $1.00 is possible otherwise I wouldn't be investing.

If your spirits are down, you're not looking at this coin objectively.  As I say over and over and over again, you invest in the developer, not the coin.  With Mr. Spread's implementation of masternodes, he has proven that he is a top tier dev.  There's a reason Darkcoin asked him to join their team.  Does having a top-tier dev guarantee success?  No, so don't invest more than you're comfortable losing, but it sure gets me excited about the potential of this coin.

So what makes you interested in Spreadcoin?

Hope MyFarm doesn't mind me sharing my thoughts on that question  Smiley

1) Mr. Spreads obvious programming talent and his ability to implement what he says he will.
2) The vision that prompted the creation of this coin (pool resistance, decentralization, true market/bandwith managed Masternodes, etc.)
3) The resistance to pools and the deflationary and decentralization effects it has shown to promote. http://104.36.83.126/spreadcoin
4) Great productive and invested community. (See Spreadcointalk.org testing forums for how engaged, helpful, friendly and active in development the community has become)

There is more, but those are the main ones off the top of my head...

I like DRK a lot, and a lot of the features that it has to offer. I see Spreadcoin as a sort of evolution of that.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Does anyone want to offer up a future price prediction to get our spirits up? I'm predicting $1 in a month.

It's going to be interesting for sure once masternodes come to mainnet.  If the network doesn't fork and there's no major issues with them, then things get exciting.  What will be really fascinating to watch is how the market reacts to the competitive nature of masternodes.  I personally think $1.00 is possible otherwise I wouldn't be investing.

If your spirits are down, you're not looking at this coin objectively.  As I say over and over and over again, you invest in the developer, not the coin.  With Mr. Spread's implementation of masternodes, he has proven that he is a top tier dev.  There's a reason Darkcoin asked him to join their team.  Does having a top-tier dev guarantee success?  No, so don't invest more than you're comfortable losing, but it sure gets me excited about the potential of this coin.

Mr. Spread's coding ability and how he presents/handles himself.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I compiled information on masternodes in the second post of this thread.  If you have suggestions for additions or edits, please post!
Ah, understood.  Agreed!

Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!
I think the translations of announcement should change the link of the original announcement for this one. What is the opnion of you?  Smiley

I apologize, but I'm not quite sure what you mean.  Could you please elaborate?

He means that there are several threads for spreadcoin on the subforums for other languages (he maintains the one in Portuguese, AFAIK, and there are others in russian, greek, etc...). He's is asking if the maintainers of those translated threads should update the links so they pint to this thread instead of the non-moderated one.

I think that yes, he should update the links on the translated threads he maintains.
legendary
Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002
Nice job mrcashking!  I like the 3 newest (non pink) ones even more.  I sent 25 SPR earlier and will send a little more now.

Thanks myfarm, I appreciate it. George offered some suggestions and I put it together, they came out beautiful.  Productive day.

I like number 2 and 6 - sending you 10 spr tip...
Activity: 700
Nice job mrcashking!  I like the 3 newest (non pink) ones even more.  I sent 25 SPR earlier and will send a little more now.

Thanks myfarm, I appreciate it. George offered some suggestions and I put it together, they came out beautiful.  Productive day.
I think the translations of announcement should change the link of the original announcement for this one. What is the opnion of you?  Smiley

I apologize, but I'm not quite sure what you mean.  Could you please elaborate?
legendary
Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002
If you have suggestions for content to add to the FAQ here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10359173 or suggestions for edits, please speak up.

Is there a way to add a request link for Cryptsy to add Spreadcoin?  I have tried multiple times and always get the generic answer.
Activity: 189
Head lighter, just to get here!
Activity: 700
What is Mr. Spread the developer's real name?  Where can I find information on him and his background?

Thanks

Who knows, but it's his personal choice not to disclose his name he probably wants to remain anon like Satoshi.
His work on the github source for spreadcoin speaks volumes that he's not an average developer.

In this new world of crypto I think anonymity is necessary (inclusive for developers). If a coin succeeded to be used globally and have a value to compete with fiat and  developer identity is known, governments and large companies will try to control him.

Right Also having your identity out there isn't even that much credible anymore. Although in some case it helps. But Look at what Josh Garza from paycoin and Gaw miners did with his identity fully known to everyone. With no features at all in his coin.
Pages:
Jump to: