Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Storj - Decentralized Storage - page 20. (Read 389670 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 10
February 26, 2018, 05:14:25 AM
yes you are right.STORJ will be widely used in the future and thats unpredictable to say exactly when but my guessing is in 1-2 years from now and then we can talk about 100$ per coin value because of low circulating supply
Activity: 182
February 23, 2018, 09:34:40 AM
Storj is not a day-to-day project. It's crypto money that will be permanent and more valuable in the coming years. It will be a good investment to buy from now and keep for long term.
Activity: 233
Merit: 100
February 22, 2018, 11:37:26 PM
is storj safe because i try rent my hard drive space out to test how it go but i always get avg blocking threats that are coming from storj. it not a good thing to have happen so i not sure if this is safe to rent space? is this because people using the space try and store a virus on the hard drive space? or is it storj client doing this? right now i not sure if i continue with this but i like to know if other people renting out there space is getting these warnings from anti virus?

It's just a false positive from the AV. You will never host a whole file because they get shredded in small pieces then distributed through the network, so spreading viruses is impossible through Storj.

hello

thank you for telling me because i get worry when i see every day this warning for virus.

you maybe tell me how long it take for my hard drive space to fill, i have 4.5tb but only 4.08gb fill so far in 1 week is this normal for it to take long time for the space to fill up?

i also like to know how we know how much we earn from this, when we get paid?

thanking you.

Yes it's normal it takes a while to fill up TBs of storage.

Payouts are done monthly, the best way to stay up to date is to join their community in rocket chat:

https://community.storj.io

There is a channel dedicated to payouts.

thanking you for the help

i have other question, i noticed that my shared is stuck on the same numbers for over 1 day now is this normal for this to happen? i have 3 drives and they not move at all.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
February 21, 2018, 06:14:28 PM
Is this still live?? or else is this in exchanges??

It is on many exchanges just search for STORJ on coinmarketcap to see the available markets.
Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
February 21, 2018, 04:28:08 AM
Unlike many shitcoins, it's listed in many from the big ones, here's the list,
https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/storj/trading_exchanges#panel
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
February 21, 2018, 02:10:23 AM
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002
February 21, 2018, 12:51:44 AM
Check out the latest Storj Dev Event in Denver.

Building the Decentralized Future at ETHDenver

https://blog.storj.io/post/170921985723/building-the-decentralized-future-at-ethdenver

Wished I could get some Storj swag, they look so awesome.
Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
February 20, 2018, 05:04:54 AM
I'm sure this has been answered before and I've tried to use the search function of the forums to find the answer in this thread but it didn't prove helpful!
So... here goes nothing!

Say I offer 500GB of storage over a slow line that uploads only at 120 kb/s maximum and it runs 24/7, has anyone done something similar in order to inform me of the payout I should expect?
I had try Storj back in September or Octomber, can't recall exactly, and after using it for about a month I had no payment. I also checked my address a month later and it had nothing.
I could have set up something wrong though and I'm willing to give it another try if it's a little profitable.
legendary
February 19, 2018, 06:15:08 AM
is storj safe because i try rent my hard drive space out to test how it go but i always get avg blocking threats that are coming from storj. it not a good thing to have happen so i not sure if this is safe to rent space? is this because people using the space try and store a virus on the hard drive space? or is it storj client doing this? right now i not sure if i continue with this but i like to know if other people renting out there space is getting these warnings from anti virus?

It's just a false positive from the AV. You will never host a whole file because they get shredded in small pieces then distributed through the network, so spreading viruses is impossible through Storj.

hello

thank you for telling me because i get worry when i see every day this warning for virus.

you maybe tell me how long it take for my hard drive space to fill, i have 4.5tb but only 4.08gb fill so far in 1 week is this normal for it to take long time for the space to fill up?

thanking you.

Yes it's normal it takes a while to fill up TBs of storage.

Payouts are done monthly, the best way to stay up to date is to join their community in rocket chat:

https://community.storj.io

There is a channel dedicated to payouts.
February 18, 2018, 07:22:33 PM

hello

thanking you.
Activity: 234
February 15, 2018, 09:29:19 PM
The token price is now starting to fall by 25%, presumably right now is the time to buy it.

I believe all crypto markets will go up now. Time to collect now, until they reach to moon.
February 14, 2018, 07:12:07 PM
Activity: 336
February 13, 2018, 09:15:43 PM
The token price is now starting to fall by 25%, presumably right now is the time to buy it.
legendary
February 13, 2018, 09:10:59 PM
coin@coin,
Can you give me the main differences in Storj and sia? Storj appears to have a much more finished product but as far as the inner workings - both are decentralized cloud storage. What makes Storj different? (not looking for an argument, honest question here)

There are articles out there made by the community that explain the differences.

Just search for Storj vs SIA in Google, I would give you a biased opinion as I support Storj since a long time.

Activity: 196
Merit: 124
February 10, 2018, 04:49:45 PM
coin@coin,
Can you give me the main differences in Storj and sia? Storj appears to have a much more finished product but as far as the inner workings - both are decentralized cloud storage. What makes Storj different? (not looking for an argument, honest question here)

curious to hear answers to that aswell - I think Sia might have a predominantly asian market, whereas Storj might be more western? could be wrong about that... just got me some Storj today
legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005
February 09, 2018, 03:53:26 PM
coin@coin,
Activity: 381
Merit: 101
February 09, 2018, 03:48:58 PM
Web 3.0 is being driven by decentralization technologies, like Storj.

This article by Matteo Gianpietro Zago takes a deeper look at what Web 3.0 will look like.

Why the Web 3.0 Matters and you should know about it

https://medium.com/@matteozago/why-the-web-3-0-matters-and-you-should-know-about-it-a5851d63c949

This is very cool news for storj, there is only one question, when will web 3.0 come?
Activity: 77
Merit: 1
February 08, 2018, 03:47:26 PM
Storj is one of the projects where the Token is realy functioning. Besides a lot of scams and useless tokens Storj looks very solid with great potential to grow.

Storj is a very good project, and most importantly necessary in our time! I'm interested in when many connect to decentralized cloud storage. When will we see a very good coin growth?

Absolutely agree! Decentralized cloud storage, I assume great interest of large enterprises, companies (Storj protected files from viewing third parties with the help of technology blockchain). Here, a long-term investment a year or two, if Storj will win at least 10% of customers - I think you can guess how much it can cost.
Activity: 140
February 02, 2018, 11:31:15 AM
The technological projects and platforms like Storj, SIA etc, will be in trend this year .  Cryptoinvestors  today looking not only for make fast x on bitcoin, because they understand that it will be not so fast as earlier. But Storj can make x5 in this year.
Activity: 472
Merit: 254
Anlik Coin Fiyatlari BTCkur.com
January 28, 2018, 07:41:39 PM
I just noticed Filezilla has STORJ integrated.
Will there be any other big partners coming up soon?
Pages:
Jump to: