Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Storj - Decentralized Storage - page 27. (Read 389756 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 340
October 29, 2017, 01:23:22 AM
Very interesting turn of events. Polo add to its stock exchange value and is now still interested in what happens to the old coin. Will be removed if the old coin or two they will be traded on this exchange.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
October 29, 2017, 01:09:57 AM
ive been renting my diskspace with Storj for quite some time now and at first i have to say congratulations on the Software its idiot proof to install and run it. But now im asking myself is ther any link or something on which an can see how many Storj i already earned and how many i can earn per TB / Month which would be nice because im thinking about upgrading my System with some more Storage if its profitable in anyway.

Would love to see some DEVS respond to this. I've read similar requests for a profit-calculator all over and I would certainly like to see one for myself.

The only estimated earnings I managed to find was some guy in the STORJ community slack that said 100TB of storage should most likely earn you around $150-$300 a month..

Yet, if I look at the price of the necessary hardware (a full 100TB rig would cost about $5000 I guess?) and the electricity it would cost to run it.. a quick guess would be that even in the most positive scenario of $300 a month it would take you at least 16 months to reach your return of investment. And that is the upmost positive scenario..

Unless the price of STORJ rises of course and you'd make a lot more then $300.

Yet, if that happens, probably more people will come to rent out space and thus lowering the potential STORJ tokens to earn, right?

Someone please clarify for the noobs out here that might be willing and able to participate.

I'm not a dev but I've been following Storj for a long time and use Storj Share.

You should use what you have available at this stage not thinking of getting a 100TB rig built to make a profit.
Even if you have one it is not guaranteed you will fill it up with data or it could take a long while.

The way you earn right now depends on the amount of storage you actually store for Storj users on your node.
There are several other variables including your uptime, bandwidth, reliability, etc... which all affect how much you can earn.

There is a lot of competition for storage with several thousand active farmers at a point, Storj has recently announced 5 PetaBytes of storage used on the network.
As storage demand increases with new Storj partnerships and customers, farmers will also see an increased utilization of their storage which could mean more rewards.

Hence why it is not easy to make an earning calculator. What I heard is that the team will be moving at some stage to more frequent, automatic payouts (via Etherem smart contracts)
which will potentially mean more data to work with as well as more reliable ways to estimate earnings.

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
October 28, 2017, 04:12:40 AM
ive been renting my diskspace with Storj for quite some time now and at first i have to say congratulations on the Software its idiot proof to install and run it. But now im asking myself is ther any link or something on which an can see how many Storj i already earned and how many i can earn per TB / Month which would be nice because im thinking about upgrading my System with some more Storage if its profitable in anyway.

Would love to see some DEVS respond to this. I've read similar requests for a profit-calculator all over and I would certainly like to see one for myself.

The only estimated earnings I managed to find was some guy in the STORJ community slack that said 100TB of storage should most likely earn you around $150-$300 a month..

Yet, if I look at the price of the necessary hardware (a full 100TB rig would cost about $5000 I guess?) and the electricity it would cost to run it.. a quick guess would be that even in the most positive scenario of $300 a month it would take you at least 16 months to reach your return of investment. And that is the upmost positive scenario..

Unless the price of STORJ rises of course and you'd make a lot more then $300.

Yet, if that happens, probably more people will come to rent out space and thus lowering the potential STORJ tokens to earn, right?

Someone please clarify for the noobs out here that might be willing and able to participate.
Activity: 633
Merit: 768
BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC
October 27, 2017, 10:31:25 PM
I cannot believe POLONIEX just didn't convert the damn tokens themselves.... this is a fucking joke...
I had to sold my SJCX tokens 2 days ago because I was waiting for more than 5 days with a pending withdrawal.... and then... boom this stupid announcement... come on !!!
I agree Poloniex should've converted their SJCX to STORJ (ERC20) or at least delisted SJCX at the same time as they started trading STORJ but they seem to be slow working guys and not so collaborative with STORJ Labs' demands.

So if you don't wanna loose any possible STORJ pump you'd better convert your coins instead of exchanging for ETH or BTC...

BTW Poloniex's insistence on keeping SJCX tradable together with the new STORJ (ERC20) is nonsense...
legendary
Activity: 1364
October 27, 2017, 10:44:08 AM
I cannot believe POLONIEX just didn't convert the damn tokens themselves.... this is a fucking joke...
I had to sold my SJCX tokens 2 days ago because I was waiting for more than 5 days with a pending withdrawal.... and then... boom this stupid announcement... come on !!!
legendary
October 27, 2017, 12:17:47 AM
Poloniex will be Listing STORJ ERC20 Token for Trading this evening 11:00 pm EDT (3:00 UTC).

http://blog.storj.io/post/166822654863/storj-now-on-poloniex

Will they be trading today? Or is it just opening for deposits?

It's trading already.

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_storj
legendary
October 27, 2017, 12:17:12 AM
Hello guys. As I heard Polo will remove their STORJCOIN (SJCX) and will add instead of it STORJ so this it true?

STORJ is now listed on Poloniex, SJCX is still there but you need to convert it to STORJ using the converter.

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_storj

More info on how to convert SJCX to STORJ on the Storj blog:

Activity: 364
Merit: 101
October 26, 2017, 08:59:07 PM
Poloniex will be Listing STORJ ERC20 Token for Trading this evening 11:00 pm EDT (3:00 UTC).

Will they be trading today? Or is it just opening for deposits?
Activity: 192
Merit: 100
October 26, 2017, 04:06:19 PM

Activity: 840
Merit: 503
October 26, 2017, 03:47:57 PM
Hello guys. As I heard Polo will remove their STORJCOIN (SJCX) and will add instead of it STORJ so this it true?
Activity: 403
Merit: 250
October 26, 2017, 11:18:54 AM
From todays' Storj newsletter, things seems to be moving the right way!

Poloniex will soon begin trading STORJ tokens! To stay on top of this news from Poloniex, one of the largest exchanges by volume, follow us on Twitter, join Rocket Chat, check our blog and watch for additional emails. For those who still hold our old, SJCX Counterparty token, you will need to use our SJCX to STORJ token converter to migrate these to our new ERC20 STORJ token. We will continue to work with new exchanges to get STORJ listed, to provide added liquidity and open our platform to a new group of potential community members.

QRYPTOS has now listed Storj tokens for sale on its cryptocurrency exchange that serves a global user-base. For STORJ token holders, this provides added flexibility for trading assets and grants access to custom tools and analytics the exchange offers to its users. The QRYPTOS platform is operated by QUOINE, the parent company to the QUOINEX exchange. QUOINE is currently planning a token sale for its QASH token. With those revenues, QUOINE will build a platform called LIQUID, which will list STORJ tokens at its launch in Q2/18, providing added liquidity for STORJ token holders. What makes LIQUID so interesting is it will enable the trading of STORJ tokens across many global exchanges, ensuring STORJ token holders can purchase and sell tokens at the best prices on the market. Read more about QRYPTOS here: https://www.qryptos.com/.

BLOCKv is a blockchain-based platform creating smart, secure and dynamic virtual objects that can be embedded with unique functionalities. BLOCKv will be utilizing Storj to host visual and virtual assets. The company is currently in the midst of its VEE token offering, with $20 million raised in the presale and another $20 million planned for the main sale, which launched last Thursday. Read more about BLOCKv at: https://blockv.io/.

LOOMIA is adding intelligence to everyday objects, like clothing and IoT devices. Unlike many typical IoT devices, the rights to all the data is retained by LOOMIA users and can be sold on the company’s data exchange. Last week, it was announced LOOMIA will be storing all this data on Storj’s platform, leveraging our secure encryption capabilities to ensure data remains secure. Read more about the LOOMIA platform here: https://www.loomia.co/.

CapLinked provides secure document sharing capabilities for enterprises and has partnered with Storj to host confidential business documents and transactions on our decentralized cloud platform. CapLinked was founded by Eric M. Jackson (PayPal's first head of US marketing) and Christopher Grey (former private equity and investment banking executive), and its investors include Peter Thiel, FF Angel, 500 Startups, Joe Lonsdale and Indicator Ventures. Read more about why CapLinked chose Storj here: http://blog.storj.io/post/166303581118/caplinked-partners-with-storj-labs.

Great news, Storj is jumping up a lot today, so this good news can offset the bitcoin pump while other altcoins are going down, only Storj has 40%+ pump. Happy with it!
Activity: 742
Merit: 106
October 26, 2017, 11:08:55 AM
STORJ token now on Changelly - Exchange cryptocurrency at the best rate: instant exchange for Ethereum, Bitcoin and 70+ coins & VISA/MasterCard payments available. https://changelly.com/

Activity: 161
Merit: 20
October 26, 2017, 10:38:40 AM
Let's talk competition.

How do you guys think Storj is positioned against its main competitors; what are the advantages and disadvantages?
Activity: 178
October 26, 2017, 09:07:10 AM
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
October 25, 2017, 08:43:54 PM
Is there a handy online calculator for earnings vs storage farmed out?
legendary
Activity: 37
Merit: 1
October 24, 2017, 04:17:45 PM
WTB some Storj. What is the cost?
Activity: 192
October 24, 2017, 01:53:59 PM
Hi,

New to Storj. How do you know if you are earning tokens on the GUI. Thanks

Hi!

You can't check that, payouts are once a month in STORJ tokens if you qualify for a payout (storing at least 1 GB of data). Please upload a screenshot of Storj Share, thanks.
Activity: 137
Merit: 14
October 24, 2017, 06:35:40 AM
Hi,

New to Storj. How do you know if you are earning tokens on the GUI. Thanks
Activity: 395
Merit: 408
Bitcoin OG artworks collection
October 22, 2017, 10:15:55 AM
But hey....I got idea!!!

I will not let those fu..ing Poloniex guys to set me up.

Insted of sending my SJCX to converter,I just sold all my SJCX on Poloniex for Btc.
And then I sent Btc to Bittrex,where  I bought STORJ .
Pages:
Jump to: