Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Stratum mining protocol - ASIC ready - page 7. (Read 145773 times)

Activity: 176
Merit: 100
Which one stratum or stratum-mining?
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us
I'm not able to do any MySQL transactions while this is running, everything hangs on BEGIN unless I shut the server down..  Has any progress been made on the MySQL support?
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Hello guys,

Are there any public stratum enabled server implementation for scrypt (litecoin)? Or perhaps someone could sell patch for scrypt support?
Activity: 626
Merit: 500
Mining since May 2011.
fpga: 2x ztex quad
miner: btcminer on an old netbook running flawless since april last year

cgminer just didn't work on my machine, crashed and so I sticked first to getwork pools as this was easy and now as they are uncommon just started the proxy which for its own is again easy to accomplish

Totally understand about not changing what works. No worries then.  Cool
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
fpga: 2x ztex quad
miner: btcminer on an old netbook running flawless since april last year

cgminer just didn't work on my machine, crashed and so I sticked first to getwork pools as this was easy and now as they are uncommon just started the proxy which for its own is again easy to accomplish
Mining since May 2011.
no reason to apologize, you're absolutely right
Otherwise yes, as Kano said, for just a FPGA, just add the backup pool in the mining software.
yep, I already did this.. but as getwork pools are becoming rare.. your option to run another proxy still makes (more) sense
and as slush wants pools to adopt stratum, and also advises miners to "simply" use his proxy instead of updating the mining software with stratum.. a lightweight solution would be nicer
for now I hope having more proxies and still some getwork pools will be sufficient for a while.

Just curious, what FPGA device, and what mining software are you using? I could see you wanting Getwork support if you were supporting older rigs with GPUs, but with FPGA, your have options for mining software, like cgminer, with Stratum support built in. Setting backup pools in cgminer is trivial, and most top tier mining pools support Stratum.
no reason to apologize, you're absolutely right
Otherwise yes, as Kano said, for just a FPGA, just add the backup pool in the mining software.
yep, I already did this.. but as getwork pools are becoming rare.. your option to run another proxy still makes (more) sense
and as slush wants pools to adopt stratum, and also advises miners to "simply" use his proxy instead of updating the mining software with stratum.. a lightweight solution would be nicer
for now I hope having more proxies and still some getwork pools will be sufficient for a while.
Mining since May 2011.
In your mining software ...
Yes, we already had this in the two posts obove.. but why running additional proxys if this job is wanted for not just one pool. And (by the way) in this case the proxy is part of the mining software as the miner itself has no option for stratum (but backup pools ...).

Just wanted to clarify, I did not ready read your question completely. I apologize. My example was for say running a couple BAMT rigs using phoenix getwork, pointed to a couple backup Stratum Pools. Otherwise yes, as Kano said, for just a FPGA, just add the backup pool in the mining software.
Yes, we already had this in the two posts obove.. but why running additional proxys if this job is wanted for not just one pool. And (by the way) in this case the proxy is part of the mining software as the miner itself has no option for stratum (but backup pools ...).
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
For stratum mining proxy frequented by my little fpga (1.7 GH/s).. how can I setup a backup mining pool?
OK, so there is no built in backup option.. and I have to live with the 2nd and third running proxy for now

@slush: can you make this happen? Smiley

it also would be nice to change settings while running..
-verbose on/off
-quiet on/off
-switch pools

so after more than 1.5y back on slush's pool for now..
Mining since May 2011.
For stratum mining proxy frequented by my little fpga (1.7 GH/s).. how can I setup a backup mining pool?

I don't know if this is the right way, but I solved it by running two instances, each on the different listen port. Each instance was pointing to a specific pool externally (Primary & Secondary). In my mining rigs where you would list your pools, I added each of the internal IP (The device running the Stratum Proxy) with different ports. Just start each Stratum instance from a different shell script or batch file. Example: 192.168.55.101:3331 points to pool 1 and 192.168.55.101:3332 points to pool 2.
Activity: 168
nevermind
Activity: 168
Ok, we have it working, we know how to adjust share diffiiculty, it's all good...

We will be uploading our fork with new documentation for the community later..

hi, i am trying to get stratum going as well.  Can you shed some light on how you got it to work?  You say you got it working but dont say how. Smiley
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
It seems to hash correctly though, but it is submitting 3-4 shares per second, I thought it would automatically adjust difficulty.. isn't that one of stratum's features ?
No, that's a pool feature.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240
To take out variables, please at least upgrade to latest cgminer!

Thanks ck, looks much better, I totally overlooked the cgminer version, now I only have this error left:

2013-04-03 00:15:02,326 ERROR protocol protocol.process_failure # [Failure instance: Traceback: : subscribe() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/stratum/protocol.py:185:dataReceived
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/stratum/protocol.py:230:lineReceived
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/stratum/services.py:13:_handle_event
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/stratum/services.py:81:call
--- ---
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py:134:maybeDeferred
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/stratum/services.py:78:_run
]
None

It seems to hash correctly though, but it is submitting 3-4 shares per second, I thought it would automatically adjust difficulty.. isn't that one of stratum's features ?
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
To take out variables, please at least upgrade to latest cgminer!
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240
Sure...

Its running and accepting some shares, but then fails .. cgminer 2.11.0 disconnects, reconnects again, submits some shares, then again disconnects .. everytime with the same error message in debug log of stratum

Are you launching cgminer with:

Code:
cgminer -o stratum+tcp://poolurl:stratumport

Yes, I am :-)

Result:

In the late 90's I would say it looks like error correction is not working and cgminer is sending garbage OR stratum is interpreting binary data as gargabe... I'm not really sure what is going on or what is wrong.. maybe slush has an idea..
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Sure...

Its running and accepting some shares, but then fails .. cgminer 2.11.0 disconnects, reconnects again, submits some shares, then again disconnects .. everytime with the same error message in debug log of stratum

Are you launching cgminer with:

Code:
cgminer -o stratum+tcp://poolurl:stratumport
Pages:
Jump to: