Author

Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer - page 225. (Read 736772 times)

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
really hope this thing goes for a least 3 weeks. Ive got 3 grand fiat to spare by then.
You can always buy from the NXT AE anyway.

Exactly and I think it would be better to not make this IPO last too long.

This will give the SuperTraders a 1000 BTC bankroll and a chance for some nice near term profits. I hope to have some announcements regarding the SuperTraders this week.

SuperTraders is like your babyShark project ? I'm still waiting to become a babyShark.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
really hope this thing goes for a least 3 weeks. Ive got 3 grand fiat to spare by then.

You can always buy from the NXT AE anyway.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
James, I have been following the VRC thread the past few days, but I am quite sure not all have - so i am thinking it might be an idea to give a very short, consise summary of the role that is being aimed for with respect to VRC and the Supernet, fiat interface, etc.   This distinct from the other dev committments you have made to VRC.

When you feel like taking a break from coding, that is.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
Daily Report

42 hrs into the fund raising we are well over 3000 BTC and the prev 24 pace is around 250 BTC. If this pace maintains we would end up right around 10000 BTC for the NAV. This will give the SuperTraders a 1000 BTC bankroll and a chance for some nice near term profits. I hope to have some announcements regarding the SuperTraders this week.

With the work week coming up and the holiday in China winding down, I am expecting the declining volume from the opening bell to be counteracted by the end of the weekend. The effect of the press is hard to gauge and with the VRC community becoming active SuperNET spokespeople, we could start seeing a gradual increase in the daily volumes. If we start seeing an acceleration of volumes, that would indicate SuperNET is going viral and then there is no telling where it will end up. We do need a few days post opening day to start seeing some trends, so all this is just guesses for now.

There was some nice press articles and some weakness in the BTCD and NXT prices, so if people are seeing their purchasing power shrinking this might spur them to purchase. The choice of hold and wait for price increase to get more does make sense if we are sure the NXT or BTCD price is going to keep going up. However in markets things never go in a straight line so it could take a couple days going the wrong way and that costs the 2% from the early bird bonus. What if the price doesnt come back to within a few percent?

So it is quite tricky to know what is the best way.

Here are the recent totals

2014-09-08-05:58:47-GMT SOLD 170911.11336213 TOKEN + 159743 = 330384.11336213

753.11424019 BTC
6780122.09516537 NXT + NXT AE 20022792.5840505 = 26802914.67921587 NXT @ 7608 = 2039.16574879 BTC
15804.13479868 BTCD @ 0.01228840 = 194.20753006 BTC
519171.665713 CNY @ 2938 = 176.70921229 BTC

3163.19673133 BTC equivalent / 330384.11336213 TOKEN = 0.00957430 BTC NAV per TOKEN

The unexpectedly massive NXT purchases combined with the BTCD pulled the average per TOKEN close to the full 5% bonus level, this is further reduced by the open bell confusions, but that effect will continue to become smaller with each additional day.

As the days go by, the NAV should keep going up, but since there is quite a lot of BTC, it is possible for it to go down if NXT and BTCD are both dropping.

Clearly things started off with an incredible burst and now the marathon begins. Will we see a gradually declining value to where it is less than 3% on day 14? If so, then the fund raising would end 2 days after that. Or will we see the volumes gradually increasing?
Activity: 160
Jl777 the master of crypto currencies and crypto assets

legendary
legendary
Hey James,

Is the plan to distribute future revenues to the supernet holders by paying dividends through the NXT asset exchange?

if so, instead of distributing the future revenue as dividends to Supernet holders, have you thought about providing a buy support on the exchange instead?

This would really help interms of avoiding supernet being classified as 'securities'.

As per the  Securities and Exchange Act of 1934 , "The term 'security' means any note, stock, treasury stock, bond, debenture, certificate of interest or participation in any profit-sharing agreement".

So instead of paying dividends, if instead a buy support on the exchange was used, then that would help everyone to step around the definition of securities with respect to Supernet.

Curious to hear your thoughts on this?  
Initially it would be pushed through as dividend, so as NXT or mgwBTC assets. Next year I want to go to an on-demand gift cash out where anybody can receive their accrued gifts. So, we need a way to track each accounts gifts

if it only had NAV this would work
but with the revenue sharing, where is the buy support?
where does the capital come from?
remember it is being sold at 101% of book value, so any PE or PS or dividend ratio valuation that is above book value is good, but the SuperNET wont have the capital to do this.

Now, the revenue producing part of the SuperNET is not being paid for, so how about this!

There will be a NAV bid to provide liquidity for people. This is what the sharkfund0 does. Everytime the NAV is changing by a meaningful amount I calculate the NAV and update the bid/ask spread. This allows anyone that needs to a way to convert to BTC whenever they needed to at NAV. It will also put a floor on the floating market price, which shoud trade at the market's expected future valuation discounted by risk factors.

So, yes, this is a very good idea! I like it and dont know why I didnt think of it. I dont think it exactly fits into any specific spending authority so we would need to get a vote to ratify this floor. Essentially it will be a nearly infinite buy wall at the NAV, probably only in BTC. Now the traders dont have to worry about it going below the NAV!

So this is making for a much more stable situation, I believe all will be happy.

Now for the silly USA rules that causes much headaches. I claim that since the investors didnt pay for any of the assets that any revenues from the assets are simply gifts from me to all the SuperNET holders. So, it is not profit sharing, aha! the wording says "profit-sharing", but it is actually revenue sharing. Further it is a revenue sharing gift.

I hope this is making it safe for you in the USA. I imagine there is no such thing as a gift based on revenue sharing, so I am hopefully it is not outlawed yet. If you find that USA regs do not allow you to own the TOKEN, please do not buy them. I want to make sure that we are following all of the proper rules.

so please see if there are any problems with a NAV based investment where you are getting a gift based on revenues, maybe this is like those kitchen appliance gifts that you are getting for making a deposit?

I hope this helps

James

P.S. In any case you are not supposed to be expecting any gifts! So there is no problem until the revenues are flowing.
Activity: 160
I think the NXT community is the most innovative in the whole Altcoin space hands down  Grin Grin
Activity: 221
Hey James,

Is the plan to distribute future revenues to the supernet holders by paying dividends through the NXT asset exchange?

if so, instead of distributing the future revenue as dividends to Supernet holders, have you thought about providing a buy support on the exchange instead?

This would really help interms of avoiding supernet being classified as 'securities'.

As per the  Securities and Exchange Act of 1934 , "The term 'security' means any note, stock, treasury stock, bond, debenture, certificate of interest or participation in any profit-sharing agreement".

So instead of paying dividends, if instead a buy support on the exchange was used, then that would help everyone to step around the definition of securities with respect to Supernet.

Curious to hear your thoughts on this?  
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Crypto Knight
I've been gone for a while but coming back I'm happy to see NXT is bringing something new to the table. 2.0 Crypto like Bitshares and NXT aren't against the idea of innovation in the way the Bitcoin Devs seem to be. I'll read up on this SuperNet and then give my thoughts.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
If you read this thread and I think the other investors would prefer that you spend an hour reading the thread than me spending two hours responding to questions...
James

It doesn't hurt that much, really. Funny...I spent a full day doing the due diligence for this project, until I was privately satisfied, but I only threw ~two hundred and fifty bucks into it.

Interesting. I studied JL777s work, performance and personality for 8 months. I bought 10k tokens.

Maybe there's a coorelation between time and investment? Smiley

Now that you mention it...there at least should be. I'm sure it's the case for VC operations, mutual funds and other institutional investors wrt lil' ol' me, but that's largely because they're held to special performance standards due to laws & regulations applied specifically to them as professionals. If they don't put in a lot of careful work, they can be hauled into a court of law or even charged with a crime nowadays.

In the ordinary individual-investor world? I don't know. Back in the days when I was plowing around in the penny-stock market, I would commit thousands of $ on a stock on no more than basic due diligence and a hunch. My father, he once bought [redacted for privacy] shares of a big Canadian bank back in late '08 or early '09 solely on the basis that said back was a "good credit" - his phrase. And he's made out rather well!

Trouble is that two-word phrase encompasses a lot of tacit knowledge...decades' worth, in fact. 

So there you go. You exposed me as a pedant who likes to jump into rabbit holes. Smiley
Activity: 798

I know James holds at least 10 NEMstake as part of jl777holdings. Could it be his?

no no it's not his, it's buybitcoincanada's
Activity: 588

I know James holds at least 10 NEMstake as part of jl777holdings. Could it be his?
Activity: 159
Hey,

awesome work happening here, i like it and if i had more time would catch up on the whole thread.

i have come across some information re the term superNET, being a trademark registered in NZ owned by vodafone, not sure if its a global trademark, or if it has implications in the work that is being done here ... 

link to the site if interested in checking ... http://www.vodafone.co.nz/our-networks/

watching keenly for the results of the superNET project.

further investigation is that they don't yet own it in NZ, just using misleading advertising displaying as fact ... trademarks office has expired ownership from TV company sky ...

Activity: 159
Hey,

awesome work happening here, i like it and if i had more time would catch up on the whole thread.

i have come across some information re the term superNET, being a trademark registered in NZ owned by vodafone, not sure if its a global trademark, or if it has implications in the work that is being done here ... 

link to the site if interested in checking ... http://www.vodafone.co.nz/our-networks/

watching keenly for the results of the superNET project.

Activity: 756
If you read this thread and I think the other investors would prefer that you spend an hour reading the thread than me spending two hours responding to questions...
James

It doesn't hurt that much, really. Funny...I spent a full day doing the due diligence for this project, until I was privately satisfied, but I only threw ~two hundred and fifty bucks into it.

Interesting. I studied JL777s work, performance and personality for 8 months. I bought 10k tokens.

10k tokens?  Shocked
Activity: 154
I have watched your posts for more that 10 months and disagreed with most of them, but I bought a lot of Token also : -) So I was surprised and heartened  your original posting of 10k : -)
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
James

Jump to: