Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [TOR] Torcoin - X11 PoW - Tor Integrated Crypto - Torcoin.org - page 53. (Read 125349 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036
I found this announcement thread via the signature campaign thread, and thought I'd share some information... Not sure how I did this, but I managed to download a file called "coin.dmg" for my Mac. I got this from the TorCoin.org website (download section), and when I tried to install it, I got the default "this app was downloaded from the web from an unknown developer and cannot be opened" message. So I went back to torcoin.org's download section, clicked to download the mac wallet again, and noticed that it was now called "torcoin-Qt-OSX-v1000.dmg".

I've re-traced my steps from earlier, but can't seem to reproduce how I downloaded the file called "coin.dmg". Is this an official TorCoin wallet file? Or should I be concerned?

you can check to see whether the files are identical and you did some fancy renaming by comparing their checksum

Code:
shasum -a 256 torcoin-Qt-OSX-v1000.dmg
47ce6dd660a6820ea911f5ae4942c394ab83281fac4cc9baeb2278603b3d6317
if they are identical files with different names then they'll have the same result as each other,
that result above is from the file i just downloaded from the tor site, I built the mac version-qt and the results also match my original build file.
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
Participate in the Torcoin challenge!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18955391

Good news. I will watch it and follow it later. I am very interested in this increase today.
Wow, it makes me fully surprised and I can catch some profit from this project.

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150
Freedom&Honor
Activity: 1218
Merit: 557
I am getting excited with the joining this Tor coin and purchased it as well. Though not much but little as per my savings will get it regularly so that it can be a good investment in coming time. Hope many of them start dealing big with this coin which will help to have more demand of this coin in coming time.
Activity: 586
Merit: 501
just to make it clear, does torcoin fire up an exir or a non-exit tor relay?
Activity: 1274
Merit: 513
I BOUGHT TOR COIN IN C-CEX.COM WORTH 0.04 BITCOIN AND I already submmited to bittrex that I want to add tor coin in their exchanges site. I hope soon bittrex decide to add Tor coin so many trader there will also buy this coin If this happen for sure Tor coin will increase the price. BUY TOR COIN GUYZ KEEP PROMOTE THIS COIN. I lovr Tor coin. I will hold my Tor coin in few months or 1 year before I sell it.

Godbless,
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
torcoin_addict > I don't see any email from you. Did you send it to [email protected] ?!
Hello! I just emailed you about the white paper, and I sent you the link to get the TORcoin website unblocked as well! Let me know what bounty I earned Smiley
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
torcoin_addict > I don't see any email from you. Did you send it to [email protected] ?!

I just sent you one Wink
Activity: 70
https://TORCOIN.ORG
hey folks, TorCoin is up 170% today, great news!

However, we need to get TorCoin listed on some bigger exchanges, which would drive the price way, way up.

Especially Bittrex!

Anyone with an interest in TorCoin success should email [email protected] and ask them to list TorCoin!

oh so you are the guy behind this. would you please answer my questions so to show everyone that I AM WRONG?
1) what is the relation of this project to Tor
2) who is rewarded and for what
3) in the initial post you said you reward TOR node operators; how is it possible?
4) you've copy pasted entire code of a Tor router. Do you want to operate onion routers of your own? If so - what do you reward them for. just for uptime or for what? How do you intend to integrate your routers with the rest of legit Tor-network.

simple quesitons answer here one by one. so that everyon knows I'm a guy who created an account just to say bad things about this GREAT technology:D come one. answer. one by one.

BUMP !

After sending way toooooooo many private messages to "thetorcoin" (pm & his personal address @protonmail.com) then never got any reply from him ... I'm starting to desperate so the FUDders are probably right. I'm even wondering if "thetorcoin" is a real person considering the fact that I never get any single reply from the staff when I ask for more information about the ad campaign  Grin (or the translations that supposedly need to be done  Wink)

I get 100s of emails per day and can barely keep up with the people who are doing important things, like developing the apps related to the coin, re-designing the website, etc.  Sorry if I haven't gotten to your emails yet, but i'm awfully busy. What exactly is it that you want from me?

Hello "thetorcoin", thanks for finally replying to one of my previous messages  Grin

I just sent you some emails about the French translation of the website that has been done by me.
Wanted you to take a look at it or simply give me the email address of the most qualified person to get an in-depth view.

I would love to contribute to the project then getting rewarded with some tor as I still believe this could be the coin of the year  Wink

1) what is the relation of this project to Tor > We are not formally affiliated with the Tor Project

2) who is rewarded and for what > mostly miners, but also anyone staking can earn TOR

3) in the initial post you said you reward TOR node operators; how is it possible? > It is very simple.  If you are running TorCoin then you are running a TOR node, and therefore you are earning TorCoin rewards by mining or staking

4) you've copy pasted entire code of a Tor router. Do you want to operate onion routers of your own? If so - what do you reward them for. just for uptime or for what? How do you intend to integrate your routers with the rest of legit Tor-network.

see above
Activity: 78
hey folks, TorCoin is up 170% today, great news!

However, we need to get TorCoin listed on some bigger exchanges, which would drive the price way, way up.

Especially Bittrex!

Anyone with an interest in TorCoin success should email [email protected] and ask them to list TorCoin!

oh so you are the guy behind this. would you please answer my questions so to show everyone that I AM WRONG?
1) what is the relation of this project to Tor
2) who is rewarded and for what
3) in the initial post you said you reward TOR node operators; how is it possible?

simple quesitons answer here one by one. so that everyon knows I'm a guy who created an account just to say bad things about this GREAT technology:D come one. answer. one by one.

BUMP !

After sending way toooooooo many private messages to "thetorcoin" (pm & his personal address @protonmail.com) then never got any reply from him ... I'm starting to desperate so the FUDders are probably right. I'm even wondering if "thetorcoin" is a real person considering the fact that I never get any single reply from the staff when I ask for more information about the ad campaign  Grin (or the translations that supposedly need to be done  Wink)

I get 100s of emails per day and can barely keep up with the people who are doing important things, like developing the apps related to the coin, re-designing the website, etc.  Sorry if I haven't gotten to your emails yet, but i'm awfully busy. What exactly is it that you want from me?

Hello "thetorcoin", thanks for finally replying to one of my previous messages  Grin

I just sent you some emails about the French translation of the website that has been done by me.
Wanted you to take a look at it or simply give me the email address of the most qualified person to get an in-depth view.

I would love to contribute to the project then getting rewarded with some tor as I still believe this could be the coin of the year  Wink
@iluvbitcoin
Would TORcoin at all be interested in a formal white paper? I can take the information on this thread and use my writing skills to make a nice, clean, formal white paper. I could do this for a bounty in either TOR or Bitcoin, whichever one is easier. I am asking you because you seem to be running the thread these days  Wink

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind. Can you email me at [email protected]?

We do have a whitepaper, as yet unpublished.
hey folks, I think one of the issues keeping the price under $5 right now is that the TorCoin website is blocked by certain browsers and software, such as bitdefender.  This is because BitDefender scans the site for downloadable files and flags the TorCoin windows wallet as a virus. Clearly it is a false positive (or we would have hundreds of people screaming, obviously), but it results in some blockage of the TorCoin site, which is problematic.

Does anyone know how to fix this?  I am thinking to host the downloadable files on some other site, perhaps.  Awaiting suggestions. PM me or email me ([email protected]) for a bounty on this fix
Activity: 308
Renewable Energy Cryptocurrency
Let's vote to get this coin listed on C-Cex !!

https://c-cex.com/?id=vote

There are hundreds of coins listed out there, and unfortunately I couldn't find Torcoin among them. How to vote for Torcoin there? Also, they are having something like Bitcoin voting. Do we need to spend our BTC to vote?

Torcoin is already listed there!

https://c-cex.com/?p=tor-btc

Send an e-mail to [email protected] explaining why you think Torcoin should be listed there Smiley

already sent in inicial phase. (Y)
Activity: 448
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
@iluvbitcoin
Would TORcoin at all be interested in a formal white paper? I can take the information on this thread and use my writing skills to make a nice, clean, formal white paper. I could do this for a bounty in either TOR or Bitcoin, whichever one is easier. I am asking you because you seem to be running the thread these days  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150
Freedom&Honor
Hello sir. I already join the signature campaign of tor and Im very happy and thankful because Im one of the participants promote Tor. I plan to buy Tor maybe next day because I make research and I see the potential of this coin. I will do my best to promote your coin.
I hope also Tor signature campaign will live long so many participants interest to buy TOR. More power to us and especially torn.

Well, we hope so too Smiley

@frankfurrt

apparently you did not understand my point, the claim made in the OP of this ANN is " There is never any need to 'mix' or 'anonymize' your TorCoins - they are anonymous by default. TOR is fully integrated with TorCoin, which means that a snoop or attacker watching your internet connection will not know if you are using TorCoin - and other TorCoin users cannot determine the physical location of your Torcoin node. TorCoin also offers encrypted end-to-end messaging between TorCoin users." Yet tor openly admits that someone watching your internet connection can in fact track you. Which you originally said that he had the right to claim that.

There is absolutely no need to mix Torcoin as they ARE untraceable by default (Stealth addresses).

The Tor nodes aka. if someone will know you're using Torcoin is just as anonymous as Tor is.
After the fact the coins are untracable it even hides the fact you're using the wallet,  does any other coin offer this?

No, it does not.
It provides already mixed coins and usage of Tor to make you more anonymous on the internet.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0

apparently you did not understand my point, the claim made in the OP of this ANN is " There is never any need to 'mix' or 'anonymize' your TorCoins - they are anonymous by default. TOR is fully integrated with TorCoin, which means that a snoop or attacker watching your internet connection will not know if you are using TorCoin - and other TorCoin users cannot determine the physical location of your Torcoin node. TorCoin also offers encrypted end-to-end messaging between TorCoin users." Yet tor openly admits that someone watching your internet connection can in fact track you. Which you originally said that he had the right to claim that.

Ah, I see what you are saying now. I apologize for getting defensive. It seemed as though you were attacking something that I posted, so that was why I was confused. I still say he has the right to make any claim he wants to as long as he can back it up with facts. If you're not fully convinced that he has done so then he really should address it openly and provide his proof. I'm still not fully convinced of the "anonymity" either, hence why I used the quotes around the word, just like I did in my first response to you, so that is why I haven't downloaded the wallet or mined or bought any coins.

It's ok, no hard feelings. I was just trying to make the point that what is claimed cannot be backed up by any present facts, not trying to attack you. I guess it was lost in translation. I guess it's a matter of semantics but I do not feel that because he can do something means he has the right to. Because this project, thus far, seems to only be dragging the actual torproject through the mud, which is not right, nor the fact that he is claiming it to be as anonymous and secure as he does to lure people in. And I have no reason to believe it is until someone can explain how torcoin is somehow more safe than the tor network.
Activity: 406
what system of anonymity this coin is using? like monero with ring signature, or like zcash and other that use zero proof knowledge? it's not specified in the main post, and why you choose asic algorithm , isn't better to go with gpu algorithm to have better distribution?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

Ah, I see what you are saying now. I apologize for getting defensive. It seemed as though you were attacking something that I posted, so that was why I was confused. I still say he has the right to make any claim he wants to as long as he can back it up with facts. If you're not fully convinced that he has done so then he really should address it openly and provide his proof. I'm still not fully convinced of the "anonymity" either, hence why I used the quotes around the word, just like I did in my first response to you, so that is why I haven't downloaded the wallet or mined or bought any coins.
Pages:
Jump to: