Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] – TradeYourBitcoin.com – The Decentralized Exchange - page 2. (Read 3577 times)

legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121
Was checking on the legal part for Square -- and although they don't specifically target bitcoin, the following statements from here may invalidate usage for it:

https://squareup.com/legal/ua

"By creating a Square Account, you also confirm that you will not accept payments in connection with the following businesses or business activities: < snip > (15) financial institutions offering manual or automated cash disbursements, (16) financial institutions offering merchandise and services, (17) sales of money-orders or foreign currency by non-financial institutions, etc..."

Too bad, eh? Payment processors are real kill-joys.
Activity: 836
Merit: 1007
"How do you eat an elephant? One bit at a time..."
Nice site.

If you sign up for square, you could have them pay by credit card on your smartphone - though I don't know what their chargeback policies are. Perhaps cash is best.

Like to see the userbase grow of course, but its a good start.

Update:
Hmm, just checked - they say it is %2.75 for swiped cards. So on a transaction of $100, that amounts to an extra $2.75. Not bad... apparently there are no chargeback fees, either. Business opportunity?

Great idea although the philosophy behind the site is to help people avoid the banking system altogether. Nevertheless, people are welcome to trade via credit cards, PayPal, etc. Cash is still "King" though! Smiley

For me, as a user, what is the difference to http://localbitcoins.com/ ?

Localbitcoins.com is a great site. I recommend that buyers and sellers use all of the sites to improve their liquidity and opportunities for trading. TradeYourBitcoin.com is intended to be more streamlined and simple. Only sellers need create a listing. Buy and sell prices are negotiated directly between parties. Also, TradeYourBitcoin.com allows for 65 different language translations so it has a nice, global reach.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121
Nice site.

If you sign up for square, you could have them pay by credit card on your smartphone - though I don't know what their chargeback policies are. Perhaps cash is best.

Like to see the userbase grow of course, but its a good start.

Update:
Hmm, just checked - they say it is %2.75 for swiped cards. So on a transaction of $100, that amounts to an extra $2.75. Not bad... apparently there are no chargeback fees, either. Business opportunity?
aq
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
For me, as a user, what is the difference to http://localbitcoins.com/ ?
Is the English language option missing?

English is the default language.

The closest seller to me is only 1,600 miles. Cool!

Yes, therein lies the opportunity for local sellers to list themselves Smiley - it's a brand new site so folks should list themselves if they want to have local buyers pay them in cash for their bitcoin.

I love your site, BTW.

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Is the English language option missing? The closest seller to me is only 1,600 miles. Cool!

I love your site, BTW.

~Bruno~
In keeping with the spirit of decentralization we are proud to introduce another tool to help you find local trading partners to facilitate your bitcoin exchanges and improve liquidity.

The benefits are many:

• Build your local bitcoin trading network
  • Trade for cash
  • Stay away from centralized exchanges
  • Avoid the banking system entirely
  • Maintain your privacy - No ID required!
  • Faster exchanges

What makes TradeYourBitcoin.com different?

• Simplicity of use
  • Only sellers need create a listing (consisting only of an email address)
  • Buyers just enter their zip code to find local sellers
  • Nothing complicated to configure or calculate
  • Language translation into 65 different languages
  • Negotiate directly with the seller via email and trade in person for cash

Check it out – it's FREE. Start building your local trading network today!

http://TradeYourBitcoin.com

Pages:
Jump to: