Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] United SciFi Coin [SCIFI] PoW/PoS - page 4. (Read 41542 times)

Activity: 982
Merit: 517
Nature decays, but Latinum lasts forever. RoA:102
January 29, 2019, 11:56:48 AM
New block explorer:  https://chainz.cryptoid.info/scifi/
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
January 26, 2019, 02:20:40 PM

Sounds like these weaknesses might apply to some of our Proof of Stake coins?

https://medium.com/@dsl_uiuc/fake-stake-attacks-on-chain-based-proof-of-stake-cryptocurrencies-b8b05723f806

-MarkM-
Activity: 1176
Merit: 111
January 25, 2019, 10:06:19 PM
I already send request for GPL to Altilly wait for result, next SCIFI.
I wish that next week, the Altilly team will reply to the request.

It took about one week but Altilly finally got another altcoin listed. BTC/LTC/USDT. I don't like tether but I don't have to use that pair then.

It'd be cool if SCiFi could be used to pay for downloading TV episodes of science fiction television shows. For example, Star Trek Discovery Season 2 just came out. I suppose if you get SCIFI to USDT... and there was on that exchange or another to get USDT to fiat, you have a somewhat useful way to do ecommerce.
January 23, 2019, 10:20:19 PM
Plans for further development? Or listing on the exchange and trading? But there is no trade, and there is no development.

SCIFI coin one of the best on market and currently not need any development. About additional exchanges - not at this time, even small scammers exchanges wants 1-2 BTC for listing.

altilly may be inexpensive. You should check... It was very small fee (maybe less than 0.1 BTC @ $3k USD).

NovaExchange is not open to USA so having an exchange with NO KYC or allows USA would be nice. This coin would be easy to 51% attack though, so I hope you have some plan to make reorg and/or 51% difficult even with low difficulty. Would you consider making this CPU mineable or have ways to prevent 51% attack?
I already send request for GPL to Altilly wait for result, next SCIFI.
January 23, 2019, 08:20:22 PM
Plans for further development? Or listing on the exchange and trading? But there is no trade, and there is no development.

SCIFI coin one of the best on market and currently not need any development. About additional exchanges - not at this time, even small scammers exchanges wants 1-2 BTC for listing.

altilly may be inexpensive. You should check... It was very small fee (maybe less than 0.1 BTC @ $3k USD).

NovaExchange is not open to USA so having an exchange with NO KYC or allows USA would be nice. This coin would be easy to 51% attack though, so I hope you have some plan to make reorg and/or 51% difficult even with low difficulty. Would you consider making this CPU mineable or have ways to prevent 51% attack?
January 19, 2019, 11:18:59 PM

Activity: 1257
Merit: 501
January 19, 2019, 03:25:05 AM
copper member
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
January 16, 2019, 06:12:58 PM
Hmm, it's a shame.... I really need a good scrypt coin to mine... looks like this one is not good to go Sad
Or convince me otherwise Smiley
legendary
January 16, 2019, 04:46:32 PM
Is there a use case for SCIFI besides exchange speculation? It looks like all the ask orders are from one person being wishful. Get realistic and maybe you'll have some trading.

It is one of many currencies used in the Galactic Milieu, though currently we are still at the "value discovery" stage since we currently cannot really gauge it's value by looking at live markets (since as you point out the market is unrealistic currently) nor do we yet have a known "treasury" or "warchest" to look at that we know is its "backing" - that is, the treasury or warchest or net worth or somesuch thing of the civilisation, race, species, Corp etc (generically "group") whose currency it it supposedly "is".

Discussions are still in progress as to what kind of group might choose it as "it's own currency" and "back" it with their full faith and value as it were, and thus provide a treasury we can look at and divide by the total number of coins to determine a "fundamental" value per coin.

This kind of discussion is going on about all the Sci-Fi coins, especially ones already imagined to be associated with a particular group such as "the Ferrengi" or "the Klingons" etc.

-MarkM-
January 15, 2019, 01:51:21 AM
Is there a use case for SCIFI besides exchange speculation? It looks like all the ask orders are from one person being wishful. Get realistic and maybe you'll have some trading.
dnp
Activity: 401
Merit: 110
January 10, 2019, 08:18:56 PM
it looks like Novaexchange as of Dec.10 has listed SciFi coin (trade with Doge or Moon)

Novaexchange does not support USA residents and citizens however Cheesy

well, the exchange has been running a month now, and except for the initial Frist! transaction, there has been ZERO trading activity.

use it or lose it folks.
legendary
January 01, 2019, 11:02:08 PM
Why did you create a coin that has no financial support?
Because it is free coin for crypto enthusiasts, not ICO or Token.
How can it be free if I paid money for mining? You paid for adding 1 btc . Sorry, I just don't understand what's the point? You do not want to earn?
What is the purpose of this coin? Is it only needed for mining?

Financial Support is somehing a lot of players of the Galactic Milieu take quite seriously.

Thus since the United SCI-Fi coin came into existence there has been talk of possibly trying to set it up as a "reserve currency" and even maybe a "Intergalactic Monetary Fund" or "Galactic Central Bank or somesuch.

Basically what we like to do in the Milieu, when possible, is to calculate a "fundamental" value for the currencies of the various Civilisations, Nations, Corps or other groups that have currencies conceived as being "their currency". Basically if "their" currency is backed by the full faith and fortunes of their Civilisation, or Corp, or even just by a designated "treasury", then we can add up the supposed value of their treasury (assets) and divide that total by the total number of coins to calculate a supposed "value" of their currency.

So the idea here is that whatever entity, group, Corp, Civilisation etc the USF coin is the currency of will have a designated treasury intended for "backing" the coin.

So far that is simply the same thing already done for United Kingdom Britcoin (UKB), Canadian Digital Notes (CDN), United Nations Scrip (UNS), Galactic Mining Corp scrip (GMC), Galactic Retirement Funds scrip (GRF), bitNicKeLs (NKL) and Martian BotCoins (MBC), which are the "big seven" galactic currencies of the Galactic Milieu.

Where the IMF or Galactic Central Bank idea could maybe go beyond what is so far being done would be to have it hold in trust the designated treasuries of various lesser entities or groups, so that even players who do not yet have years of reputation and trust built up within the Milieu could have their own currency, whatever that might be, similarly backed by a treasury without all the other players dismissing their new currency as irrelevant or untrustworthy due to the ability of its player(s) to simply run off with its treasury leaving it backed by nothing.

For example we do not yet use the Klingon Empire Darsek within the Milieu, largely because its daemon kept freezing up on me when I tried to use its built in mining and then when I tried to mine it with a GPU it blew up not only the GPU but also the motherboard.

But still it is just a hypothetical example of a civilisation and its currency that could choose to enter play. This IMF or GCB idea would let them deposit a bunch of stuff (such as Big Seven currencies for example, or other things we already compute values of) into a designated treasury that tey cannot run off with; the IMF would compute the value per KED by dividing the value of that treasury by the number of KED in existence and I guess probably act as redeemer of last resort for KED, buying them using the items in that treasury and buying such items for that treasury using any KED they thusly "bought back" for the treasury.

That way no one need even worry about trusting some previusly unknown player or players who enter the Milieu as Klingons to faithfully "back" the KED, the presumably trusted entity known as IMF or GCB or whatever would be in there acting on KED's behalf.

By this means maybe we can add players to the Milieu who will play various species races civilisations Corps or whatever traditionally conceived to be the folks each of the existing "Sci Fi coins" is the currency of...

(There is a specific word I wanted to use instead of to hold in trust, designating someone who holds both sides of a deal's goods and gives them out when both sides have honoured the deal, but I cannot remember the name and googling thesaurus: hold in trust did not help me find it. It is a service we see used and talked about a lot on these forums its annoying that the word escapes me at this moment.)

-MarkM-

dnp
Activity: 401
Merit: 110
December 17, 2018, 02:14:33 PM
it looks like Novaexchange as of Dec.10 has listed SciFi coin (trade with Doge or Moon)

Novaexchange does not support USA residents and citizens however Cheesy
Activity: 112
December 17, 2018, 07:32:58 AM
How can it be free if I paid money for mining? You paid for adding 1 btc . Sorry, I just don't understand what's the point? You do not want to earn?
What is the purpose of this coin? Is it only needed for mining?
Activity: 236
Merit: 10
December 17, 2018, 07:23:47 AM
legendary
Activity: 1045
Merit: 1157
no degradation
December 13, 2018, 02:33:55 PM
This pool is still operating: https://lpool.name/pool/SCIFI ?
Nope, they closed in November or something like that.

Try this one, it's working at the moment: https://mining.aevocoin.net/
December 13, 2018, 11:05:42 AM
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
December 13, 2018, 09:18:25 AM
Is SCIFI listed on other exchanges? Well in the novaexchange I see the volume lately of negotiations and zero. This pool is still operating: https://lpool.name/pool/SCIFI?
Activity: 236
Merit: 10
December 13, 2018, 08:48:48 AM
Activity: 13
December 10, 2018, 01:43:31 PM
From US use vpn, DOGE market because current price unknown. And Nova never had big liquidity. I traded KED and BUK2 before.

Yeah, used vpn but was more than that for creating a new account.  Enabling deposits require name, address and cell, enabling withdrawals require veriff which appears to be scanning documents for identity.  So if US then no way to get past that, guessing those with old accounts get grandfathered in.

Definitely miss the old wild west crypto days.

Document scans do not require, I gave them only the mailing address, but I am not from the USA

Ok thx, maybe docs not required for non-US withdrawals.  I didn't go farther after reading their levels since obv need some way to withdraw coins, figured there was no way past for US residents:

Nova Exchange Account Levels

1. Nova Member
    A fresh account with only e-mail and phone number verified.
    No Deposits. No Withdrawals.
2. Nova Trader
    An account with contact details filled in.
    Deposits enabled. No Withdrawals.
3. Verified Nova Trader
    Fully verified account where the user has passed our Veriff verification process.
    Deposits enabled. Withdrawal enabled up to $10,000 per day.

For users requiring higher withdrawal limits, please contact our customer support.

Your account is currently at level 1.

And clicking on withdraw for any coin popped up "Regulated by law Nova Standard Exchange is forced to know their customers incase of withdrawals. Please click here to verify your identity to enable withdrawal."
Pages:
Jump to: