Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] VGC - VegasCoin - page 10. (Read 74432 times)

Activity: 208
Merit: 250
June 18, 2017, 12:49:29 AM
Please reply ASAP if you have stuck funds sent to an address that's no longer in use.

My wallets with stuck transactions are no longer in use and the sites most were sent to no longer exist or have de listed vgc.

I presume you mean that you still have your VGC wallet? If so, I can recover the funds for you. As mentioned above it's a little tedious, and does require a bit of messing around with source code modifications - if VGC supported exporting and importing of wallets it would be easier - so I would need your wallet.dat file, and a valid VGC address (from a DIFFERENT wallet - eg an exchange deposit address) to send the recovered funds to.

I'm making the offer in this thread so it's out in the open and no one accuses me of trying to scam. The offer is open to anyone who has stuck funds. PM me so we can figure out a secure way of transferring the wallet.

----

To do in the near future:

1. Permanently enable incorporation of larger transactions into mined blocks (any stuck transactions sent to no-longer-used addresses must be recovered by then)

2. If there is sufficient interest, compile an updated Windows client. No major changes requiring a fork, just a maintenance release with newer libraries, updated checkpoints, minor bugfixes, etc.

Coins gone and wallets deleted long ago.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
June 18, 2017, 12:32:06 AM
Please reply ASAP if you have stuck funds sent to an address that's no longer in use.

My wallets with stuck transactions are no longer in use and the sites most were sent to no longer exist or have de listed vgc.

I presume you mean that you still have your VGC wallet? If so, I can recover the funds for you. As mentioned above it's a little tedious, and does require a bit of messing around with source code modifications - if VGC supported exporting and importing of wallets it would be easier - so I would need your wallet.dat file, and a valid VGC address (from a DIFFERENT wallet - eg an exchange deposit address) to send the recovered funds to.

I'm making the offer in this thread so it's out in the open and no one accuses me of trying to scam. The offer is open to anyone who has stuck funds. PM me so we can figure out a secure way of transferring the wallet.

----

To do in the near future:

1. Permanently enable incorporation of larger transactions into mined blocks (any stuck transactions sent to no-longer-used addresses must be recovered by then)

2. If there is sufficient interest, compile an updated Windows client. No major changes requiring a fork, just a maintenance release with newer libraries, updated checkpoints, minor bugfixes, etc.
June 17, 2017, 11:05:06 AM
Okay, I have figured it out. A fair few transactions went through once the client started up, more than I intended. Nothing was happening for several minutes, then suddenly a bunch of mempool transactions arrived and the blocks went out before I noticed.

A total of 40 mempool transactions have now been incorporated into mined blocks. 34 of them (about 300k VGC total) were to Qh7MF7s8qcGYfL6V7RpThpQ4zM2EsA9mSD. I really hope that's a current, usable address, and the confirm hasn't just effectively burned those funds.

For the moment I've reverted back to the default client behaviour, whilst I can figure out where to go from here.

I need people to tell me if they want any further transactions stuck in limbo (and, going forward, any future transactions above 5000 VGC) to be confirmed? Or are they years old and sent to addresses which are no longer in use, like comkort or allcrypt? If it's the latter then we need to recover coins from your wallet before I continue clearing the backlog.

If my actions today have helped you at all, please consider donating to my address -> QV6itTAzGMtyRXyRuzpjYHkHwgjN2nLMUp

edit: my mined blocks ended up orphaned, so presumably the 40 incorporated transactions have been released back into the mempool.

legendary
June 17, 2017, 10:20:37 AM
Okay, I have figured it out. A fair few transactions went through once the client started up, more than I intended. Nothing was happening for several minutes, then suddenly a bunch of mempool transactions arrived and the blocks went out before I noticed.

A total of 40 mempool transactions have now been incorporated into mined blocks. 34 of them (about 300k VGC total) were to Qh7MF7s8qcGYfL6V7RpThpQ4zM2EsA9mSD. I really hope that's a current, usable address, and the confirm hasn't just effectively burned those funds.

For the moment I've reverted back to the default client behaviour, whilst I can figure out where to go from here.

I need people to tell me if they want any further transactions stuck in limbo (and, going forward, any future transactions above 5000 VGC) to be confirmed? Or are they years old and sent to addresses which are no longer in use, like comkort or allcrypt? If it's the latter then we need to recover coins from your wallet before I continue clearing the backlog.

If my actions today have helped you at all, please consider donating to my address -> QV6itTAzGMtyRXyRuzpjYHkHwgjN2nLMUp

edit: my mined blocks ended up orphaned, so presumably the 40 incorporated transactions have been released back into the mempool.

legendary
June 17, 2017, 09:01:17 AM
[img]Is anyone having a problem with transactions that never confirm? The only way I can get funds through is to split them into transactions of about 5000 VGC each. Any larger transactions get stuck and show 0 confirms. Note the oldest set of transactions have been stuck at 0 confirms for a month.
[...]

Vegascoin has an issue when the number of input transactions gets too high and the transaction gets stuck in the chain. If you are mining, its best to send no more than 5000 at a time at 15 vgc per block reward. When the block reward was 30 vgc you could send 10,000 without issue. I have 100's of thousands of vgc stuck in the chain due to this bug.

I reported this issue back in Dec. 2014. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9984347

I'm having a look at the source to see if I can hack in some changes to get my client to incorporate those transactions into a block I mine, but I suspect the issue may be something silly, like the client being able to create a transaction that never gets accepted by the network because it's too big. I looked at a few random transactions in the mempool and they're all 64k+ in size; quite large and complex.

I do have a way of recovering the stuck coins, restoring the balance of the stuck transactions to the wallet, but it's fairly tedious, and requires modifications to the source. If my attempts at allowing larger transactions fail then I should be able to help people recover their VGC (for a nominal donation Smiley )

It's important to note that if I am able to successfully incorporate the zombie transactions they WILL confirm and the coins will no longer be recoverable from your wallet. If you sent a bunch to Comkort in 2015 (or whatever) and your transaction is in the mempool (eg you start the client and it resends the outstanding transactions to the mempool), the transaction-in-limbo will become binding.
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
June 17, 2017, 07:43:57 AM

I think that the price was high and not understated as it was on comkort - but on allcrypt sold well and the price was good

I miss allcrypt
June 17, 2017, 07:41:07 AM

Is anyone having a problem with transactions that never confirm? The only way I can get funds through is to split them into transactions of about 5000 VGC each. Any larger transactions get stuck and show 0 confirms. Note the oldest set of transactions have been stuck at 0 confirms for a month.

I can't see any massive blockchain reorganisations that would invalidate my mined blocks, nor does the client complain about coins already spent (I did a rescan anyway).

Any ideas?

edit: I see there's 334 transactions sitting in the mempool, so I guess it's not just me...

Vegascoin has an issue when the number of input transactions gets too high and the transaction gets stuck in the chain. If you are mining, its best to send no more than 5000 at a time at 15 vgc per block reward. When the block reward was 30 vgc you could send 10,000 without issue. I have 100's of thousands of vgc stuck in the chain due to this bug.

I reported this issue back in Dec. 2014. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9984347
legendary
June 17, 2017, 03:05:37 AM

Is anyone having a problem with transactions that never confirm? The only way I can get funds through is to split them into transactions of about 5000 VGC each. Any larger transactions get stuck and show 0 confirms. Note the oldest set of transactions have been stuck at 0 confirms for a month.

I can't see any massive blockchain reorganisations that would invalidate my mined blocks, nor does the client complain about coins already spent (I did a rescan anyway).

Any ideas?

edit: I see there's 334 transactions sitting in the mempool, so I guess it's not just me...
June 02, 2017, 08:18:53 PM
Not much happening here.
Coin definitely needs new life.

if you will find a new block you will earn 0.0004 $

Very rarely will you earn that.
Activity: 340
Merit: 254
CREATE YOUR OWN CRYPTO-CURRENCY WITH ETHEREUM 150$
June 02, 2017, 10:46:00 AM
Not much happening here.

if you will find a new block you will earn 0.0004 $
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002
Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO
May 25, 2017, 10:04:42 PM
Not much happening here.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
March 10, 2017, 01:34:45 PM
You are working on Stop Trump Coin?

I wonder what would happen to that coin if he was actually stopped? Was there a Stop Hillary Clinton Coin? If so, how is that doing after she is not our president? Wouldn't that coin be deceased because it would suffer the same fate as her campaign?

If you need a Stop Trump Coin at the same time nobody needs Stop Hillary Coin, would that be a sign that Trump is doing very well? If not, then maybe I should create Stop Ralph Nader Coin. Why not?

Stop Ross Perot Coin... or wait. Clintons would not like that coin. They may need him to run again if Hillary gives it another try.

Anyway... I am hoping a boom in the economy would translate to be a boom for Las Vegas within a year. Anything that helps the economy would be good.

The first version of Vegascoin had a value that was overwhelmingly valued at the direction in movement for price of BTC. I like to think a boom in Las Vegas will improve Vegascoin's potential. So I am hoping Trump does well.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
March 02, 2017, 04:35:21 PM
Vegas Coin New Pool

http://altcoinix.com/vegas/public/

%1 Pool Fee

Example for Vegas Coin

stratum+tcp://stratum.altcoinix.com:2006

use 2005 port for low diff
March 01, 2017, 08:12:35 PM

Don't use facebook and the vegascoin twitter last post was May 2016. I have heard about the swap but have seen no info in the ANN threads. Novaexchange does not seem to know about any swap.

Novaexchange probably would not know anything about the swap because they don't support ETH tokens.

There has only been one trade so far and a contract was written to support it. It placed the value of my VEGAS wallet around $600K USD. Writing contracts in Solidity will probably be the next big thing for VEGAS development. Maybe an exchange that supports ETH would be the next step. So far I have not found a phone app that supports any tokens at this time.

You can see a record of all trades by watching the VegasCoin contract in your wallet.
March 01, 2017, 02:38:46 PM
I was able to swap. I believe that the dev wallet now contains more than 20 million VGC or 20% of the final supply. IMHO he has no need to keep those out of the market after the buy back is closed and discontinued. VGC is cornered by the buyers and pretty much positioned to be firmly under the boot of VEGAS.

I traded 18.4% of total supply VGC and now I have 7% total supply of VEGAS.

I was told it will be another couple months before everything will be ready. An automated system would be nice because it could create demand. It is my belief that I have been the only buyer in the last 2 years. And now we see the price precipitate to only one satoshi because I am not buying anymore.

I am considering offering my own swap if there is no progress in the next month or so. But my swap would be one VGC for one VEGAS. So people should probably wait or should reach Brandon.

Remember it is important to see the token in your wallet. If you can't see the token then you don't know it was deposited. There is a learning curve.
Activity: 301
February 14, 2017, 05:09:56 AM
Meh, I think dev just had a 'euforic eposide' over the weekend .  Grin Cool
Not even responding to my swap request on fb anymore.

Still hoping for a swap tho'  Undecided We'll see in the next few months I guess:

warning: above is just a screenshot and interface is incomplete  Tongue
February 07, 2017, 12:25:22 PM
Hi
Was very excited to read about the relaunch.  Grin

Quick question(s):

Is it still possible to sync the old wallet?
I have a wallet file with a fair amount of VGC.
Installed the old wallet
No connections = no sync = no total balance

Are there any working nodes? Explorer?

Cheers and good luck with relaunch!

Don't know about the relaunch but good nodes are:

addnode=88.206.186.58:8067
addnode=98.115.147.74:52400
addnode=70.182.253.2:52400

A simple explorer available here: https://prohashing.com/explorer/Vegascoin/

Well it's more a swap. Smiley see fb and twitter

Thanks!

Don't use facebook and the vegascoin twitter last post was May 2016. I have heard about the swap but have seen no info in the ANN threads. Novaexchange does not seem to know about any swap.
February 07, 2017, 10:02:05 AM
Hi

Quick question(s):

Installed the old wallet

Well it's more a swap. Smiley see fb and twitter

Thanks!
February 07, 2017, 08:16:22 AM
Hi

Quick question(s):

Installed the old wallet

February 07, 2017, 02:38:18 AM
Hi

Quick question(s):

Installed the old wallet

Pages:
Jump to: