Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Whisper MSG | Ultimate Secure Messenger with Digital Wallet - page 2. (Read 775 times)

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1059
Wait... What?
What have u just ate that it made ur brain run amok with sending false signals to ur mouth to get it to spur this gibberish? U press confirm when u see the incoming transfer of coins into ur wallet. That is where u confirm receiving of the coins on ur part. How hard is that to fathom. I will make an infographics to lay that out for u.

It would make sense if you put it that way (to confirm an upcoming transaction), yes, but if you look at their mockup, you'll see that the button is on the instant messaging page and not on transaction or wallet page, indicating a feature that allows us to confirm (whatever that is) an incoming chat.

I think it is not for the transactions but for the message. I think hitting "confirm" will trigger the auto-delete function of this app. The message is deleted permanently.
While "Send" is for when you have a response and want to, well, send.  Cheesy

I've tried their app and there's a different tab for the wallet wherein you can see your mVOLR balance and wallet address along with its QR code.

When you've added a friend, they'll be listed on the homepage. Clicking their profile will allow you to either send a message (whisper) or send actual crypto.

I'll upload some screenshots soon.  Grin

Will it also be available for a group chat? My concern from the first time I read about the project is how it will (indirectly, as I believe it's not dev's intention) affect cryptocommunity.

If they boomed like telegram and became the media of preference to communicate between tokens dev and their investors, the capabilities to wipe out entire chat clean (which... more or less is like what telegram could) without a trace would lure scam projects to utilize the platform to scam people and then wipe it clean.

Personally, I didn't agree with TG's new feature to prevent screenshot. As we all know, a screenshot is one of the preferred proof on this forum, and TG is effectively (and indirectly) helping scammers with this feature. IMO, what we need (from instant messaging side) is not a feature to wipe clean a chat as almost every IM service has this feature, but rather an option to make a chat undeletable

My question is, what is Whisper's insight about this?

How people can use it to scam as there is no group chat, and no one can add as a friend unless they share their QR code or the address?
I mean in what circumstances do unknown people try to scam others they don't know?
The only situation I can figure out is when one user shares his QR code asking to invest or send assets. Is it the situation you concerned about?

I hope you're not the representative of the project that @julerz12 asked to be present and address the concerns here, because if you are, then I am allowed to questions your intelligence (and from it, the project itself).

The very first sentence indicated that the writer (that's me) didn't know if the app will cater a group chat like many other IMs or not. Hence, he asked, and further explained why the topic matters to him. With this as our reference, your post became completely pointless as it didn't contribute to the matter at hands.

And further (still in assumption that you're one of the dev) you didn't announce or made any statement that you'll only have person-to-person chat, not even in the future on within your roadmap. And if (which I actually doubt) you as part of the team think your user will automatically know about this, then I am once again allowed to question your intelligence.

So yes, I think we can safely assume (and hope) you're just a random newbie trying to engage in an conversation. For this case, I'll suggest that in the future conversations, you better read the whole conversation (or at least two or three posts on topic) to know if what you said is still relevant or even passable as a conversation starter, because with this post, you're rather beating the dead horse.

To address your comment and engage you into the conversation though, it is not on the realm of impossibility that people scammed unknown people through the app. There are many instances for this on telegram (an app which allows you to prevent people that is not in your contact or didn't know your username from reaching you) where strangers texted people and lure them with fake offers.

Now, those scammers get the scammed people's contact through their username scattered around the cryptospace (bounty form, posts on forum, social media bio), so it is not too impossible that one day, in case the app became popular (also stated on the initial post as the basis of my concern) like telegram, this IDs on Whispers can also be scattered around the net and cryptospace, and being misused by scammers.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
What have u just ate that it made ur brain run amok with sending false signals to ur mouth to get it to spur this gibberish? U press confirm when u see the incoming transfer of coins into ur wallet. That is where u confirm receiving of the coins on ur part. How hard is that to fathom. I will make an infographics to lay that out for u.

It would make sense if you put it that way (to confirm an upcoming transaction), yes, but if you look at their mockup, you'll see that the button is on the instant messaging page and not on transaction or wallet page, indicating a feature that allows us to confirm (whatever that is) an incoming chat.

I think it is not for the transactions but for the message. I think hitting "confirm" will trigger the auto-delete function of this app. The message is deleted permanently.

I've tried their app and there's a different tab for the wallet wherein you can see your mVOLR balance and wallet address along with its QR code.

When you've added a friend, they'll be listed on the homepage. Clicking their profile will allow you to either send a message (whisper) or send actual crypto.

Will it also be available for a group chat? My concern from the first time I read about the project is how it will (indirectly, as I believe it's not dev's intention) affect cryptocommunity.

If they boomed like telegram and became the media of preference to communicate between tokens dev and their investors, the capabilities to wipe out entire chat clean (which... more or less is like what telegram could) without a trace would lure scam projects to utilize the platform to scam people and then wipe it clean.

Personally, I didn't agree with TG's new feature to prevent screenshot. As we all know, a screenshot is one of the preferred proof on this forum, and TG is effectively (and indirectly) helping scammers with this feature. IMO, what we need (from instant messaging side) is not a feature to wipe clean a chat as almost every IM service has this feature, but rather an option to make a chat undeletable

How people can use it to scam as there is no group chat, and no one can add as a friend unless they share their QR code or the address?
I mean in what circumstances do unknown people try to scam others they don't know?
The only situation I can figure out is when one user shares his QR code asking to invest or send assets. Is it the situation you concerned about?
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1108
Telegram: @julerz12
I wanted to try myself, but maybe you can help so I don't have to... install them on my phone to try myself, hahaha (sorry, old phone, it always runs out of memory to install new apps). Does the confirm button works like you guessed (to confirm a transaction)? Or do it trigger another thing?
Yes, it seems it triggers the deletion of the message.
When someone sends you crypto, there's just a notification (on the notification tab) informing you about it and you'll see your new balance updated automatically on the wallet tab.
legendary
Wait... What?
Will it also be available for a group chat?
I don't think so. So far, I've only seen 1:1 chats. Even when you add a contact, you can only scan 1 contact address.

As for the rest of your concerns, I'd let the team answer that.  Grin

~snip~

Current security features are biometrics and a Pincode. You can back up your wallet's Mnemonic code too if you wanted.

I wanted to try myself, but maybe you can help so I don't have to... install them on my phone to try myself, hahaha (sorry, old phone, it always runs out of memory to install new apps). Does the confirm button works like you guessed (to confirm a transaction)? Or do it trigger another thing?
legendary
Will it also be available for a group chat?
I don't think so. So far, I've only seen 1:1 chats. Even when you add a contact, you can only scan 1 contact address.

As for the rest of your concerns, I'd let the team answer that.  Grin

Also, as promised, here are some screenshots of this app which is currently only available on the mobile version (android or apple)

Current security features are biometrics and a Pincode. You can back up your wallet's Mnemonic code too if you wanted.
legendary
Wait... What?

legendary

legendary
Wait... What?

Activity: 652
Merit: 123
legendary
Wait... What?
What's the difference between "confirm" and "send"? I can't think an instance when people confirm a chat other than what's on the realm of business like "i confirmed I've receive the document. Thanks." But never in a casual conversation I meet a situation where you need a special feature to confirm. If it's about a meet up or something alike, wouldn't a "ok" or "sure" enough?
legendary

Whisper MSG's Bounty Campaign is live.
Feel free to participate here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/rewards-sent-whisper-msg-5392875 [ ROUND 1, ENDED, DISTRIBUTION COMPLETED ]
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ended-whisper-msg-wescrow-5397380 [ ROUND 2, ENDED, DISTRIBUTION ON-GOING ]
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/rewards-sent-whisper-msground-3-5405804 [ ROUND 3, LIVE ]

legendary

Disclaimer:I am posting this announcement thread in behalf of the Whisper MSG/Volare Team. I am only the Bounty Campaign Manager for this project. I am paid only to manage this bounty campaign. I will not be held responsible should the developers/project team fail to reach their stated goals/obligations to the bounty participants, investors, and everyone else.
Join (on their bounty campaign)or Invest (on their ICO/IDO/IEO) at your own risk.
Pages:
Jump to: