Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [Whitepaper] NuCypher KMS: Decentralized key management - page 5. (Read 3239 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 107
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
Newest partner, Origin Protocol, announces they'll be using NuCypher for their sharing economy protocol:
https://medium.com/originprotocol/origin-nucypher-private-data-on-a-public-blockchain-ba6e6f85ecb8
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
The main technology is proxy encryption (PRE), a cryptographic process that allows an outside proxy to send encrypted information from one public side to another (using re-encryption keys) without disclosing information about the information underlying the message.
Activity: 107
Merit: 0
I like the fact that this is an infrastructure token and not a utiliy token. I will be purchasing Nucyhper once it becomes available and holding my coins for longterm.
gng
Activity: 210
will you have a bounty program? i aam interested . its a great project i dont want to miss it
Activity: 175
Do you have run any bounty campaign or planning to run it?
Activity: 309
Merit: 251
  I am also interested in this issue: Are you planning bounty programm? A lot of peole would like to participate in bounty   It's a good excuse to start it. Concerning the draft itself, I think it has very big future. What are you thinking about doing after sale tokens? I am waiting for your answer.
Activity: 910
Merit: 508
The whole idea of decentralized key management system makes me really interested, this thread needs to be more live.
Activity: 69
 This might be interesting. Are you planning bounty programm??
Activity: 1106
Merit: 11
Crypto in my Blood
Do you have run any bounty campaign or planning to run it?
Activity: 574
Merit: 256
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Only this thread about NuCypher?
Strange.. So interesting project and no have normal thread
Activity: 120
Hi!

Just dropping by to ask whether there is a possibility of investing and when we might expect it?

Thanks
mugwump

There is no fixed date yet but I`ve read about early 2018. So maybe start will be on february or march.
Activity: 120
Is Thread alive at all?

I don`t think so. I have not found offical NuCypher thread.
Activity: 390
Merit: 251
Mamihlapinatapai
Is Thread alive at all?
Activity: 15
Hi!

Just dropping by to ask whether there is a possibility of investing and when we might expect it?

Thanks
mugwump
Activity: 35
reserve for Chinese translation and business cooperation
Activity: 54
Update:

• Business primer
  • Whire paper added
NuCypher KMS: Decentralized key management system

We’re excited to share NuCypher KMS, a decentralized key management system (KMS) for public blockchains. With NuCypher KMS, an entirely new set of decentralized applications is unlocked for developers. Use cases requiring secure storage, sharing, and manipulation of private data can now be built on public blockchains, allowing for greater protection and control of private data.
The post below gives an overview and a detailed description can be found in our draft technical white paper.

What
NuCypher KMS provides encryption and cryptographic access controls, without reliance on a central service provider. It leverages state-of-the-art proxy re-encryption technology to allow re-keying encrypted data. This allows a decentralized network of nodes to provide key management operations, without accessing private keys or plaintext data.

How
The core technology is proxy re-encryption (PRE), a cryptographic primitive which allows a third-party proxy to transform ciphertexts from one public key to another (using re-encryption keys), without learning anything about the underlying message.

Main actors and interactions in a PRE environment
This ability to securely delegate access to private, encrypted information, makes PRE an ideal candidate for constructing cryptographic access controls for distributed systems such as blockchain, internet of things (IoT), and big data.
In NuCypher KMS, access controls are issued, enforced, and revoked via smart contracts executed by a decentralized network of re-encryption nodes. This network controls re-encryption keys and allows data owners to conditionally grant and revoke access to third-parties based on their public key.
Re-encryption nodes are incentivized to behave properly using a proof-of-stake NKMS token. If the nodes are malicious or defective, their deposit is forfeit. Correctly behaving nodes are incentivized to provide re-encryption services through payment in NKMS.

Use cases
NuCypher KMS enables public blockchains to securely store and manipulate secrets, giving decentralized applications a way to work with private data. But key management as a service is useful for centralized applications, too.
Potential use cases include:
  • KMS-as-a-service for handling secrets in AWS instances (similar to Hashicorp Vault, Amazon Key Management etc);
  • Safely storing encrypted secrets alongside code on GitHub;
  • Decentralized Digital Rights Management (DDRM);
  • Pay-to-view streaming;
  • Encrypted digital content marketplaces;
  • Private multi-user chats;
  • Private, shareable file storage;
  • Patients sharing medical records with healthcare providers;
  • Blind identity management;
  • Mobile device management and revocation.

Call for contributions
We’re very interested in the community’s suggestions and comments on the technical white paper — everything from security to token economics to functionality requests. We’re also excited to brainstorm use cases for NKMS and would love to hear your ideas. Your involvement will help inform the final, revised version of the white paper.

You can find a draft of the technical white paper and the GitHub repo.

Join our NuCypher KMS community. We look forward to answering your questions on:

And to keep up to date with our future announcements, subscribe to our mailing list.
Pages:
Jump to: