Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Woodcoin [LOG] Pure Skein POW, Logarithmic Release, No Premine nor ICO - page 12. (Read 126074 times)

Activity: 231
Merit: 101
Aye aye cap'n crunch,

Well that's odd, I still haven't gotten this thing to link properly to boost libraries using HOST=x86_64-w65-mingw32.  And now my afternoon time limit is up. 

My apologies once again.  In the meantime, mine with the old version please, I'll bang my head against this thing again tomorrow. 

Got it, thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050
Khazad ai-menu!
Aye aye cap'n crunch,

Well that's odd, I still haven't gotten this thing to link properly to boost libraries using HOST=x86_64-w65-mingw32.  And now my afternoon time limit is up. 

My apologies once again.  In the meantime, mine with the old version please, I'll bang my head against this thing again tomorrow. 

Yes, sorry about that yplkm, the situation is as Epsylon3 eplained.  

Then :

"Yo dawg, I heard you liked getwork so I got to work and got getwork to work"

I added getwork back into the code repo with this commit:

https://github.com/funkshelper/woodcore/commit/ac00e0faf8dd4eaed4fec7076962750e07aa0ac6

Unfortunately I still haven't had time to build windows binaries of this thing.  This afternoon china time I will do it for sure!  

Thanks for your patience Pokeytex and to the stress testers working overtime on this coin recently!  And for your comments Cryptophilanthropist.  

Cheerio  -

Thanks a trunk my Woodbrother!! Smiley

Rice Crispy -

btw Life Path 6 -- I'm a wannabe yplkm  Grin
legendary
Khazad ai-menu!
Yes, sorry about that yplkm, the situation is as Epsylon3 eplained. 

Then :

"Yo dawg, I heard you liked getwork so I got to work and got getwork to work"

I added getwork back into the code repo with this commit:

https://github.com/funkshelper/woodcore/commit/ac00e0faf8dd4eaed4fec7076962750e07aa0ac6

Unfortunately I still haven't had time to build windows binaries of this thing.  This afternoon china time I will do it for sure! 

Thanks for your patience Pokeytex and to the stress testers working overtime on this coin recently!  And for your comments Cryptophilanthropist. 

Cheerio  -

Just switched to Woodcoin Core, Windows, very cool, thank you Smiley

I have 4 connections to network, but loading graphic line info says "no block source available"

Any help?? Already deleted all but blockchain and wallet just to see if it would help. It's only been up for about 15 min btw.

Thanks again!

EDIT: It synced false alarm

UPDATE: can't connect for mining Sad  with 0.13.2 , conf file is set for proper local ip's in my LAN (Revert to 1.1.0 , 4 local mining rpc connections max, has been this way)

UPDATE 2: Also looks like stuck at block 501221 ?? Network Hash not changing either.

legendary
Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002
@funkenstein - any chance for that Windows wallet with getwork?  pretty please?  I want to get mining...
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082
ccminer/cpuminer developer
euh, no i use the standard getblocktemplate for wood on yiimp

there was a good amount of orphans 2 days ago, and today look like the chain/mempool is "on hold"

I tried to find some more nodes via http://cryptoguru.tk/NetworkInfo/index.php?Currency=LOG&Target=31 hope it will work better then
legendary
Khazad ai-menu!
upgraded yiimp wallet to woodcore, looks good (and fast)

edit: the chain seems to fork again... argh

I was going to say.. great work!  But uh oh, what happened?  Is there more block withholding going on or is this an issue with the new client's block header?  Did you use the getwork() call or is it getblocktemplate()  ? 

Thanks!! 
legendary
Khazad ai-menu!

You couldn't do that accidentally, could you? It's up to you what you do with your finances but if you love doing something hastily do it without regret. I'm amazed at the paucity of information and lack of public warnings from the community, they should warn people not perform transactions hastily and always double-check their own actions [].

Agreed Moshen. 

Personally I always tell people to before they click anything DOUBLE CHECK THE POSITION OF THE DECIMAL POINT. 

In doing so, this is also an opportunity for a second thought about the nature of the transaction itself.  Sometimes there is no going back, so make sure you get it right.  Bitcoin is like gravity, not exactly a forgiving system. 

Activity: 369
Merit: 250
phm.link
I accidentally bought 1 BTC worth of LOG ... anyone interested in doing an OTC transaction?

There's no volume to exit my position.

I have no idea what this project is.

You couldn't do that accidentally, could you? It's up to you what you do with your finances but if you love doing something hastily do it without regret. I'm amazed at the paucity of information and lack of public warnings from the community, they should warn people not perform transactions hastily and always double-check their own actions, otherwise there's a risk that somebody could buy more than they afford to lose and get into trouble or predicament which would trigger mental anguish or emotional distress in their head. After doing that, people tend to leave crypto. We as a community should stand up and protect those that do something in a hurry, especially if they try to conduct a financial transaction. OTC trading is not possible at this time. People have nothing to sell to each other. At least wait for another 3 months until LOG strengthens it's position and more people who are willing to trade come on board. I like how they handled everything, it shows that this coin has gained a lot of potential and capability to move towards new exciting changes. I do not know for how long this excitement will last but it's a no-brainer for me that this coin has a plethora of yet undisclosed features you might be interested in seeing. Yes they have something to show. 1 BTC worth of LOG is nothing, it's dust, forget about it and move on, or donate your money to the development of LOG which is a great way to show your devotion and loyalty towards a an open-source community-driven project.

The fact is that the price he bought at was likely not higher than .00002777, which is the price you'd sell down to if you were to drop a coin's worth logs today. So I think if he wants to he can properly exit via C-Cex today.
Activity: 147
Merit: 20
I accidentally bought 1 BTC worth of LOG ... anyone interested in doing an OTC transaction?

You couldn't do that accidentally, could you? It's up to you what you do with your finances but if you love doing something hastily do it without regret. I'm amazed at the paucity of information and lack of public warnings from the community, they should warn people not perform transactions hastily and always double-check their own actions, otherwise there's a risk that somebody could buy more than they afford to lose and get into trouble or predicament which would trigger mental anguish or emotional distress in their head. After doing that, people tend to leave crypto. We as a community should stand up and protect those that do something in a hurry, especially if they try to conduct a financial transaction. OTC trading is not possible at this time. People have nothing to sell to each other. At least wait for another 3 months until LOG strengthens it's position and more people who are willing to trade come on board. I like how they handled everything, it shows that this coin has gained a lot of potential and capability to move towards new exciting changes. I do not know for how long this excitement will last but it's a no-brainer for me that this coin has a plethora of yet undisclosed features you might be interested in seeing. Yes they have something to show. 1 BTC worth of LOG is nothing, it's dust, forget about it and move on, or donate your money to the development of LOG which is a great way to show your devotion and loyalty towards a an open-source community-driven project.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082
ccminer/cpuminer developer
upgraded yiimp wallet to woodcore, looks good (and fast)

edit: the chain seems to fork again... argh
Activity: 369
Merit: 250
phm.link

There should be enough liquidity to exit at a profit now, but you may want to hodl for the long run.
legendary

Greetings LOGcutters great and small -

Happy Oestern, Easter, Pacques, Ishtar, and ancient holiday, and new tradition, greetings to you all.

I have reimplemented "getwork"  in the new 0.13.2 client repo.

Here's the commit:

Or just clone:

https://github.com/funkshelper/woodcore.git

Go ahead and build and mine  Smiley 

I will be building executables for the various boxes soon after I get feedback. 

For some reason I cannot build the wallet on my PI - I will wait for the windows exe to try it out.
legendary
Khazad ai-menu!

Greetings LOGcutters great and small -

Happy Oestern, Easter, Pacques, Ishtar, and ancient holiday, and new tradition, greetings to you all.

I have reimplemented "getwork"  in the new 0.13.2 client repo.

Here's the commit:

Or just clone:

https://github.com/funkshelper/woodcore.git

Go ahead and build and mine  Smiley 

I will be building executables for the various boxes soon after I get feedback. 

legendary

I can also confirm that I cannot mine with the new Windows wallet.

Do we have an eta on a working windows wallet for mining?

Hi Pokeytex.  My apologies for another longwinded reply in advance.

Short story: the 0.13.2 release is ready for mining, in the same sense that Dash, Bitcoin-core, Litecoin nodes are also ready for mining.  HOWEVER, none of these will support solo-mining with ccminer pointed right at the node.  This  is presumably what you are trying to do, as this is what some of us were doing before with the old Funkenstein 1.1 client.   

The way most wallet and node developers handle this is to tell people to get their miner to support getblocktemplate.  For example from the Dash forum:

"Since v12 wallet merged updated with bitcoin core, rpc/getwork is not available on wallet anymore. For solo miner, please use mining application which support rpc/getblocktemplate or create own mining pool or p2pool for support rpc/getwork to mining application."

This can be done by using a "getwork - getblocktemplate bridge proxy", such as Luke-Jr' s python script
https://gitlab.com/bitcoin/eloipool/blob/master/gmp-proxy.py
 or BFGminer itself which apparently can also be used as a bridge. 

After reading about all the history of these mining protocols and going through the codes of several refactored versions, I realize that much of the trouble with disconnect between so-called devs and miners is -- drumroll please -- the devs removed getwork from their node software api.  Four years of drama over this can you believe it? 

So yeah, I'm putting getwork back into this thing for 0.13.3, and I expect ccminer's developer to be working on getting adding support for getblocktemplate as well.  In the meantime you are going to have to use the older client.  The good news - there's not much difference really Wink 

@funkenstein - ok thank you for the explanation.  I will break out the old wallet and get that fired up.
legendary
Khazad ai-menu!

Hi Pokeytex.  My apologies for another longwinded reply in advance.

Short story: the 0.13.2 release is ready for mining, in the same sense that Dash, Bitcoin-core, Litecoin nodes are also ready for mining.  HOWEVER, none of these will support solo-mining with ccminer pointed right at the node.  This  is presumably what you are trying to do, as this is what some of us were doing before with the old Funkenstein 1.1 client.   

The way most wallet and node developers handle this is to tell people to get their miner to support getblocktemplate.  For example from the Dash forum:

"Since v12 wallet merged updated with bitcoin core, rpc/getwork is not available on wallet anymore. For solo miner, please use mining application which support rpc/getblocktemplate or create own mining pool or p2pool for support rpc/getwork to mining application."

This can be done by using a "getwork - getblocktemplate bridge proxy", such as Luke-Jr' s python script
https://gitlab.com/bitcoin/eloipool/blob/master/gmp-proxy.py
 or BFGminer itself which apparently can also be used as a bridge. 

After reading about all the history of these mining protocols and going through the codes of several refactored versions, I realize that much of the trouble with disconnect between so-called devs and miners is -- drumroll please -- the devs removed getwork from their node software api.  Four years of drama over this can you believe it? 

So yeah, I'm putting getwork back into this thing for 0.13.3, and I expect ccminer's developer to be working on getting adding support for getblocktemplate as well.  In the meantime you are going to have to use the older client.  The good news - there's not much difference really Wink 

legendary
Khazad ai-menu!

Lol for srs? 

Maybe read up on it and try to understand why having a reasonable long term plan of supply distribution is important. 

If you still have them and want to buy BTC, I'm happy to trade find me on IRC Smiley 

legendary
Thank you Epsylon3 and Bathrobehero.  I will put getwork() back into this thing for an update.  I don't know why it was removed.  

tpruvot's cpu miner has the option "--no-getwork" which enables me to cpu mine on this thing.    

However I'm not sure if ccminer has anything similar.  

I see there is a stratum "bridge" proxy that some people use to overcome this issue.  What a pain.  No wonder nobody mines on bitcoin-core Cheesy Cheesy

We're learning somethiing!  Thanks Cheesy  

Activity: 297
Merit: 251
Founder, Filmmaker, Fun Guy

Pages:
Jump to: