Author

Topic: [ANN] [XDAG] New Community-based Cryptocurrency - First Mineable DAG ! - page 130. (Read 75169 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 100
whats the status of this project, is this already over before even starting properly ? any update fromt he dev or team?
Activity: 6
Merit: 0

I suggest no rebranding or renaming. It is humans right for intellectual freedom to attach any kind of meaning for words. i.e. geek today it has more positive meaning than about hundred years ago..
there is no bad words, but now cheatcoin miner and wallet is little bit behind from starting.
From comments above it can not be launched due flaws in security (maybe it was improved a bit) and sync algorithms. Good money trading system should trustworthy , but since is lacking in QA. it is a bit rush to start in less than 3 weeks of simple level testing. My personal opinion first 'real' coins probably can be asked to be eliminated before it evaluates to real cash-money market, or after that we can wait for huge hacking attack after this coin gets significant dollar value (everything has extreme security level until it represent no value). For darknet transactions - it is whatever if someone is buyin' and someone is sellin' then nobody cares about security nonsence until somebody gets spotted stealing coins in large amounts.

I would prefer quality product. Now it looks fragile to be real one. It needs to gain few layers of armour.

Sorry for criticism, but I don't have good solutions, cause this is not my area of expertise and I do not see exact weak spots (but there was some major and I believe there is few left).

Personally, I do not hurry to go out to real markets, register on stock exchanges, etc. I think that if the idea is worthwhile, the network should grows on its own. There are problems in security and synchronization. Synchronization is done deliberately slowly, so as not to overload my server, since there really is only one server the network with a public address. When there will be more servers, nothing will prevent changing one parameter in the program and the synchronization can be performed in minutes. Regarding security - yes, I did not think well of the security of users working in an insecure system like Windows. In the next release, this will be fixed. As for the general audit code - please invite experts. But then again, I will not pay for it. I think we need to develop slowly. In any case, the money mined in the main network will remain real and will wait for its time.

Speaking of synchronization one thing I've noticed is that even when you are all caught up, if you have to restart the program it still takes a while as it recounts through all the main blocks. Since the data is already downloaded to the storage folder is there any reason the program needs to take this long counting from 0 to the current block? Can it not just pickup and download from the last block stored in the storage folder?
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
Can I Have the countdown when is the main net will start? Tongue
Activity: 12
I like your coin dev and I like your code, would be nice if you added more comments in your code though  Wink but I understand it enough. I will run a full node when main net goes live. Though I agree with most of the other people on here. CHEAT should be renamed. It has a very negative connotation in English speaking countries.

F - those english speakin.. they are minority against all xD
Personally my opinion is that this is the best name for crypto coin. because in general all currency, and crypto currency as well or even more is sort of cheat mode in order to exchange some material goods and/or services (because by itself it has no real value at all).

Why is this coin called CheatCoin? Care devs explain further why is this project created?

Please read our white paper http://cheatcoin.atwebpages.com/Cheatcoin.doc. The goal is to create a distributed payment system with a large capacity, which is based on the DAG instead of blockchain. The name is already recognized as bad. However it attracts attention well.)

The project is very interesting and it looks like you (dev) is really serious about it. I suggest to make a rebranding before launch, cheating sounds really bad to me...

I agree with you. Cheat might attract people's attention, but doesn't sound like a serious project.

I suggest no rebranding or renaming. It is humans right for intellectual freedom to attach any kind of meaning for words. i.e. geek today it has more positive meaning than about hundred years ago..
there is no bad words, but now cheatcoin miner and wallet is little bit behind from starting.
From comments above it can not be launched due flaws in security (maybe it was improved a bit) and sync algorithms. Good money trading system should trustworthy , but since is lacking in QA. it is a bit rush to start in less than 3 weeks of simple level testing. My personal opinion first 'real' coins probably can be asked to be eliminated before it evaluates to real cash-money market, or after that we can wait for huge hacking attack after this coin gets significant dollar value (everything has extreme security level until it represent no value). For darknet transactions - it is whatever if someone is buyin' and someone is sellin' then nobody cares about security nonsence until somebody gets spotted stealing coins in large amounts.

I would prefer quality product. Now it looks fragile to be real one. It needs to gain few layers of armour.

Sorry for criticism, but I don't have good solutions, cause this is not my area of expertise and I do not see exact weak spots (but there was some major and I believe there is few left).
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
Why is this coin called CheatCoin? Care devs explain further why is this project created?

Please read our white paper http://cheatcoin.atwebpages.com/Cheatcoin.doc. The goal is to create a distributed payment system with a large capacity, which is based on the DAG instead of blockchain. The name is already recognized as bad. However it attracts attention well.)

The project is very interesting and it looks like you (dev) is really serious about it. I suggest to make a rebranding before launch, cheating sounds really bad to me...

I agree with you. Cheat might attract people's attention, but doesn't sound like a serious project.
Activity: 28

It certain does.  I like the name Nectar better.

How many transactions per second can cheatcoin do?  What is the main advantage over other crypto?

Theoretically, the number of transactions is unlimited, because they do not need to be combined into blocks of limited size. Each transaction is its own block. Then, in the blockchain technology, the host that produces the block also combines transactions together. But in our system all the hosts help to merge the transactions together. This results in a large decentralization and a smaller load per host. So the number of transactions depends only on the capacity of the network. For example, right now, in a few seconds, I can list 1,000,000 coins, and they are spread out for 1000 wallets for 1,024 coins in each. So, this is 100 separate transactions. Therefore, we can reach the level of dozens of transactions per second in the near future. I think that within a year we will be able to reach the level of hundreds of transactions per second, and within several years - thousands of transactions per second as for large payment systems, for example, VISA.

I think that the name of the coin will need to be determined by the vote of the miners using a hashrate.
Hey, do you think Cheatcoin uses different units? Like Raiblocks, it has the following units: Mrai, Krai, rai. The smallest unit rai transaction can be generated. As far as I know, it also uses DAG technology.
Activity: 6
I like your coin dev and I like your code, would be nice if you added more comments in your code though  Wink but I understand it enough. I will run a full node when main net goes live. Though I agree with most of the other people on here. CHEAT should be renamed. It has a very negative connotation in English speaking countries.
Activity: 154
Syncing is pretty slow on win 64 bit. What can be the problem? Well, I didn't forwarded the port on my router, not sure this is the problem...
Activity: 128
Merit: 14
interessting!!...

i start to follow, and will be there tomorrow morning to test this!!!
Really like when someone want to try something different.

Good job!
Activity: 154

Activity: 42
Hey Cheaters Smiley

Want to get involved but don't have the right operating system. Any way I could get a wallet set up in a mac? Doesn't look like I can mine but happy to trade with someone.

I do not have anything against a Mac or an iPhone. I just do not have these, so it's hard for me to build and test the version for these devices.  I think we will release a version for them when the holders of these devices come to our team. While it is possible to try to build from source as well as for Linux.

NP - I might have to get a virtual machine or something so I can start mining in the meantime.
Activity: 67
Dev
how to save the wallet."?
Activity: 28
is all the project information available on the website? or can you provide detailed information ..
Activity: 12
what should i do when testnet ends and mainnet begins?
Activity: 41
I want to send some cheatcoins to someone.  Send me an address!

You send me virtual pizza?

Done 🍕

Thanks... now send me your Cheatcoin address so I can pay for it.

AxYQmmP/MryRWQJhtkwnKmQbsygzir3B

Grin

OK, you should have received 20 Cheatcoins.  I estimate each one worth $1.   Cheesy

Thanks

It certain does.  I like the name Nectar better.

How many transactions per second can cheatcoin do?  What is the main advantage over other crypto?

lol @xibeijan stoping trying to make Nectar happen. It's not going to happen....  Grin
Hey Cheaters Smiley

Want to get involved but don't have the right operating system. Any way I could get a wallet set up in a mac? Doesn't look like I can mine but happy to trade with someone.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

It certain does.  I like the name Nectar better.

How many transactions per second can cheatcoin do?  What is the main advantage over other crypto?
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
Where can I find the address for my wallet? Huh

Type account
If you are in sync it will show your addresses
Activity: 420
Where can I find the address for my wallet? Huh
Jump to: