Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] yes! another scrypt coin, Created by you! - page 2. (Read 3838 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
Most of the other stuff doesn't matter. But, for alt coin, what I'd make if I actually had the skill to would be:

1) Mara Coin
2) 25 per block, 5% chance at 50 per block, 1% chance at 100 per block.
3) block time: 1 minute.
4) 100 million total coins
5) I would like the coin to be X11 algorithm, PoW, PoS.
6) I would like the end goal to be to actually use the coin as a real currency for goods and services.
7) Small pre-mine, 100% of which is spent on bounties for pools, exchanges, wallets, etc etc.
Cool Long lead-up to release, so all the things in #7 can be set up before launch even happens, not after.
9) Lots of testnet work to make sure everything is working, 10 times over, before launch date/time given.
10) source/wallet posted a full day in advance, password protected.

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I really suggest turning the GPU's off & just trade.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
Estimated.Pro - Crypto Signals. Free.
I really suggest scrypt jane Smiley
Activity: 751
Merit: 500
Actually, it's not my coin ,but your coin.
Why scrypt again?  Should we like X11 more than scrypt?

Smiley why do you want X11? Tongue It is already GPU mineable now and will be common soon. You guys just run after the name "X11" Don't even know it is full of bugs and can mine via GPU now.  Tongue Noobs be like "we want X11".
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
Actually, it's not my coin ,but your coin.
Why scrypt again?  Should we like X11 more than scrypt?
copper member
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032
What i don't get with long Blocktimes, they can never be used as a instant Payment Method because you have to wait till a Block picks up your Transaction. With long Block Times it can only be used as Storage of Wealth but this requires Trust in your Coin.

we have Yac but what about YAS ? (yet another Shitcoin)

Yes, I actually agree, But if we made a coin that would not release a new block untill all transactions have not been completed, This would create a huge wait time, It is better for data streaming to have it broken up. Maybe do away with fees and work the transactions according to a time index?

I wanted to steer away from something too close to another coin.

Goo idea  Grin . The name should be PublicCoin

I like! I was also thinking of spirit coin, But this has too many religious implications.
Activity: 751
Merit: 500
Good idea  Grin . The name should be PublicCoin
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
verified ✔
What i don't get with long Blocktimes, they can never be used as a instant Payment Method because you have to wait till a Block picks up your Transaction. With long Block Times it can only be used as Storage of Wealth but this requires Trust in your Coin.

we have Yac but what about YAS ? (yet another Shitcoin)
copper member
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032
Hiya all, There sure are alot of new coins coming out, So first, Why me? Well, Alot fail due to pre-mining of coin and just out right doggyness of how the coin is priced and pumped and dumped for a false perspective.

I am going to start something that the parameters of the coin can be contributed by anyone! This will help show a "safe start" of the coin!

So, I need thought's and ideas, Here is a quick run down.

1) name of the coin, If I don't hear anything good it will be squall coin (SQC)  Grin
2) block reward
3) block time (adv 5 min?)
4) total coins
5) something you would like to add/see in this coin?

The creation of the coin will be public so there will be no pre-mined coins, This is by the people for the people, (sorry guys, I am fed up of seeing rich people pump their own coin to make more money, This is not the spirit of the coin)

I would like to be contacted if you are a pool provider and would like to host this coin, I have a developer ready for creation of coin and wallet, I just want to throw it out there see what comes back, I will accept criticism, But please keep language nice.

I would also like to know, What do you want from an alt coin that would make you mine/premote this coin over others? Would you start early or would you wait to see if it last longer than a week?

Thanks guys and guyetts.

UPDATE - Something came up over PM, The division of a coin, I am not to keen on paying 0.0000001 amounts (which is end game I know) So how do we work out the coins as to not have too many decimal places? There are a little over 7 billion people on this planet, Do we make 100+ billion coins so there is enough for everyone? do we limit to 2 places and keep in line with current FIAT denominations?
Pages:
Jump to: