Author

Topic: [ANN][AC]AsiaCoin - Relaunch - page 204. (Read 401004 times)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10
April 28, 2014, 01:02:58 PM
pos doesn't start until pow ends correct??

That is correct!
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
April 28, 2014, 12:58:04 PM
Someone just bought everything from 840 sat to 1k all at once @ mintpal, crazy.
Activity: 370
Merit: 250
April 28, 2014, 12:28:17 PM
pos doesn't start until pow ends correct??

Also thanks to the other above who so kindly answered my questions I had before about the multipools. THANKS
Activity: 518
April 28, 2014, 12:22:26 PM

All my coins are now in my wallet, how often do you think we will get paid interest?

every two weeks.
pump it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think we will see a major movement within next 2 weeks. The increasing we're seeing now just temporary.

Ok so you say sell everything now?

i am pretty sure he is saying, HOOOLD Smiley
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
April 28, 2014, 12:15:01 PM
well you stake your  balance again (interests included) but i guess if you don t want to stake part of your coins you just have to move them to an exchange or online wllet

Ahh, nice. Thx. Just leave them in the wallet then Wink
Activity: 98
April 28, 2014, 12:13:31 PM
well you stake your  balance again (interests included) but i guess if you don t want to stake part of your coins you just have to move them to an exchange or online wllet
Activity: 588
April 28, 2014, 12:11:19 PM

All my coins are now in my wallet, how often do you think we will get paid interest?

every two weeks.

I don't think we will see a major movement within next 2 weeks. The increasing we're seeing now just temporary.

Ok so you say sell everything now?
April 28, 2014, 12:00:46 PM
Niiiiice, but is it possible to just take out my interest, and let the rest be in my wallet, and get more interest after the next two weeks?
TTM
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
April 28, 2014, 11:55:54 AM

every two weeks.

Activity: 588
April 28, 2014, 11:54:47 AM
April 28, 2014, 11:51:23 AM
you can stake every two weeks, might take longer if you have a small block of coins
Activity: 25
April 28, 2014, 11:50:03 AM
How long do we have until PoW ends?

until this Wednesday around 10 pm GMT
Activity: 210
April 28, 2014, 11:46:30 AM
How long do we have until PoW ends?
April 28, 2014, 11:44:48 AM
exchange have their own wallet but they mix all the coins they get into them so even if they were staking coins (which i m pretty sure they are not paying attention too much) you would not get the stakes and coin age would reset on any transaction.

So keeping thoses coin on a exchange: not a good a idea

But do I need to wait a year to get interest, or do I get some every month??

Here's another reason not to keep them in an exchange. Exchanges might get hacked and your coins stolen.

It's my understanding that you get paid interest when you open up the wallet. It might take a while for that to happen so you might need to leave the wallet open for a while. So no, you don't have to wait a year.

Activity: 518
April 28, 2014, 11:25:40 AM
Everyone is screaming pump pump ! NOW PUMP Smiley
Come on people, let the coin develop naturally, without big pumps or dumps.
Let the POW end with a nice transition to POS, then the multipool should kick in and i expect it to be really nice.
After that the coin should have a nice increase over time. Enough of the mirage that - end of POW = HUGE PUMP. All really good coins needed time to get where they are.
The price WILL go up, but lets keep it there  Smiley Everyone who likes this coin ( and its community is pretty nice ) should spread the word, try to help, think of ideas on HOW to improve the coin.
Activity: 214
April 28, 2014, 11:12:46 AM
exchange have their own wallet but they mix all the coins they get into them so even if they were staking coins (which i m pretty sure they are not paying attention too much) you would not get the stakes and coin age would reset on any transaction.

So keeping thoses coin on a exchange: not a good a idea

But do I need to wait a year to get interest, or do I get some every month??

Here's another reason not to keep them in an exchange. Exchanges might get hacked and your coins stolen.

It's my understanding that you get paid interest when you open up the wallet. It might take a while for that to happen so you might need to leave the wallet open for a while. So no, you don't have to wait a year.

April 28, 2014, 11:00:49 AM
rate is not fixed (as there luck and network difficulty involved) but over the long run, yes it is about a fixed interest rate a year (honestly it doesn't vary that much on any coin)
the more you stake and the more you compound previous interests, so yes if you leave your wallet open 24/7 you are going to compound more, earn more but still you get dust more often and so you have to combine blocks more often and pay taxes more often (so i guess it equals up)
Activity: 214
April 28, 2014, 10:48:31 AM
ok so basically coins gets age every blocks and do not require your wallet to be open to get this age BUT you need to have your wallet open and unlocked (and synced of course) to be able to stake your coins

staking is the process of consuming the coin age (has to be more then 2 weks for asiacoin) and turning your block of coins into 2 smaller blocks which will have interests over it.

let s say i have 100 asiacoin and leave them into closed wallet for a month. i open my wallet and sync it, wait for them to stake. if they stake today (30 day coin age) this 100 coin block will split into two 53.5 coin blocks (on average, luck is involved as you compete with others on the network to get stakes)

the more coin you have the faster they stake.

So you can go on hollidays and sit on your AC they will still stake when you come back and sync your wallet
easy, efficient, .....ladies and gentleman :    POS

Thanks, that clears things up a lot. I have never used POS coins before and didn't know how it works. Someone said that if you open the wallet more often you'll get more interest because the compounding happens more often--only when the wallet is opened up. I wonder if that is true. I was thinking that they might use a fixed rate of compounding, in which case it shouldn't matter how often it's opened.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
Jump to: