Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Actinium][PoW - Lyra2z] - page 18. (Read 33978 times)

Activity: 461
Merit: 13
June 03, 2018, 04:14:28 AM
Miners are fickle.  They run away quickly and then return with the herd.  Kind of like sheep.  That said when you have a 3.5 day retarget on difficulty, sometimes it's going to create problems.  Is it possible to change it to 24 hours?  

Good job on getting close on the Ledger Nano dev.  The more features this coin has, the less likely people can ignore it.

There will be no change in the Consensus rules. Either this coin gets proper support or not.
If not, it wasn't the miners fault, or any other people's fault. It was simply not strong enought to live.

I have no problems with that. It's a completely free market.
Activity: 1
Merit: 1
May 31, 2018, 08:31:04 PM
You're probably right about the location of an exchange. 

I've never tried KuCoin.  The Volume seems pretty high and probably would help a lot.  How much does it cost for listing on KuCoin?  With the numbers rising on the discord, hopefully many people will contribute towards the cause. 
Activity: 391
Merit: 14
June 02, 2018, 10:42:11 PM
Miners are fickle.  They run away quickly and then return with the herd.  Kind of like sheep.  That said when you have a 3.5 day retarget on difficulty, sometimes it's going to create problems.  Is it possible to change it to 24 hours?  

Good job on getting close on the Ledger Nano dev.  The more features this coin has, the less likely people can ignore it.

Yeah its going to take the network some time to catchup the the amount of hash that has been put on. I myself have been watching my own pool. Miners comming and going putting over 5GH on at a time and not getting a block.
This is not down to the miner but down to the network. In the last hour there has only been a movment of 3 blocks.
I would not worry so much. Put your miner on a pool and leave it running you will get the same in the end regardless of pool hopping.

My pool has 0 fee's at the min to help the coin grow.

You can join us http://btccluster.hopto.org:8080

Regards,

Raster.
June 02, 2018, 08:07:24 PM
Current status of the Ledger Nano development:

May 31, 2018, 06:19:13 PM
We need more exchanges.  At least one larger exchange to further improve the popularity of this coin. As interest grows into the hundreds and hopefully thousands this certainly will be needed.

Now if the developer could build an exchange around this coin, and use it as one of main currencies of trading, that would certainly help.  That's asking a lot though, but certainly within the realm of possibility.

June 02, 2018, 07:02:39 PM
The coin doesn't seem to be mining correctly right now.  Maybe the difficulty is set so high that it's causing trouble.

Hopefully things back to normal soon.

The diff retarget is 3.5 days. And as we are still a pretty new coin some time will be needed until people (miners) realize that it's maybe better to mine for long-term instead of trying to play little games.

But, I count on professionalism of the miners as they're basically burning their machines.
June 02, 2018, 07:00:20 PM
will you gonna add some balance into the faucet  Huh

There will be no faucet anymore as this coin is now on exchanges.
Also, the bounty fund is more important. We want to reward successful community-related tasks.

As this coin is not premined the amount of available coins is very low.

Sorry.
Activity: 391
Merit: 14
June 02, 2018, 03:19:00 PM
Actinium Now Added To BTCCluster

http://btccluster.hopto.org:8080

Auto Diff Port 5558
Code:
 -o stratum+tcp://btccluster.hopto.org:5558 -u -p x

Mining fee of 1% Thats Right FREE to mine here

Now Proportional Pay Per Share
(Proportional ("Share-based"): Every time a block is found, its reward is split between participants according to the number of shares they submitted.)

Join us on Discord https://t.co/xdtyzf6ul2

Join us on Twitter https://twitter.com/BtcCluster
Activity: 229
Merit: 10
June 02, 2018, 02:10:40 PM
will you gonna add some balance into the faucet  Huh
June 01, 2018, 04:22:36 AM
We got listed on BiteBTC!

Happy trading!

And please retweet, if possible.

https://twitter.com/bitebtccom/status/1002384629758914565
June 01, 2018, 04:08:07 AM
You're probably right about the location of an exchange. 

I've never tried KuCoin.  The Volume seems pretty high and probably would help a lot.  How much does it cost for listing on KuCoin?  With the numbers rising on the discord, hopefully many people will contribute towards the cause. 

It's not clearly visible. The only page that describes the listing process doesn't mention any fees.

https://support.kucoin.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003229494-How-to-list-a-coin-on-KuCoin

But there are also other decent exchanges like Cryptopia, or TradeSatoshi.
May 31, 2018, 06:35:26 PM
We need more exchanges.  At least one larger exchange to further improve the popularity of this coin. As interest grows into the hundreds and hopefully thousands this certainly will be needed.

Now if the developer could build an exchange around this coin, and use it as one of main currencies of trading, that would certainly help.  That's asking a lot though, but certainly within the realm of possibility.

Creating an exchange only for a coin is too expensive, from tech perspective. But there are also legal questions to be answered. If I was living in some off-shore "location" (don't want to name any) then it'd be maybe possible. But I am from Germany / European Union.

So, the best way, technologically, legally, and professionally, is to pay for registration on some bigger exchange. It doesn't have to be a Tier-1 exchange, but if we could get to KuCoin, for example, this would be great.

As always, I'd offer my ID/personal information, so the exchange would immediately know that we are surely not a scamcoin. However, the payment will not be very cheap, so without a broader (financial) community support a registration will not be possible.

It is time to act as a community.
May 31, 2018, 01:42:25 PM
Please, update your wallets to the new version 0.16.0.0

https://github.com/Actinium-project/Actinium/releases/tag/v0.16.0.0
May 31, 2018, 06:22:21 AM
Lightning network is not the best solution so far, many projects have been started to break through the existing technology, TPS has reached a high level, but does not exclude the lightning networks continue to develop a technology will be neck and neck, blockchain technology changes with each passing day, I support developers behavior of this effort, hope to be able to succeed.

Lightning Network is only the first, and currently the most prominent, of the layers built on top of the public blockchain. It's mostly Bitcoin's blockchain when we talk about LN, but there is also a variant for Litecoin, Ethereum, there called "Raiden", and a few others.

Lightning Network will bring us the option to stream money, send funds back and forth billions of times, and do the final settlement much later.

Just like it would make no sense that two banks exchange their funds each time any of their customers buy or sell a chewing gum, the same applies to the blockchain technology. Much better is to let people buy/sell things many, many times and only then do the settlement when the amount of funds to be exchanged between the parties has reached some predefined level (which you can setup freely when opening a channel).

However, there is still enough to do, like routing for example. There will be many competing solutions for that. And just like TCP/IP never defined routing but simply took care of the most basic things that constitute the backbone of the internet (packet switching, addressing, connectivity), the Lightning Network will do the same for this new kind of internet, which is often called the Internet of Money.

The best way to achieve all those goals is to keep each layer as specialized and as constrained as possible. Don't try to solve too much on a single layer.
Activity: 107
Merit: 0
May 31, 2018, 06:09:25 AM
bitfex scam why?

I never use Bitfex before, why you think, that this exchange is scam?
May 28, 2018, 09:29:40 PM
Looking better!  Slowly but surely the coin is improving.  I like the new logo.  Glad to see the first little exchange is working.  The price is still low but you have to start somewhere.

Glad to hear the coin will be on a second exchange shortly.  Onward and upward.   Smiley
Activity: 37
May 31, 2018, 05:38:19 AM
bitfex scam why?
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
May 31, 2018, 05:34:14 AM
Lightning network is not the best solution so far, many projects have been started to break through the existing technology, TPS has reached a high level, but does not exclude the lightning networks continue to develop a technology will be neck and neck, blockchain technology changes with each passing day, I support developers behavior of this effort, hope to be able to succeed.
Activity: 37
May 31, 2018, 05:28:48 AM
Bitfinex scam why?I can not withdraw money...No connection to the server. If the problem persists for more than 30 seconds - refresh the page to resolve the issue.  

Activity: 107
May 30, 2018, 07:35:33 AM

Please use port 9433 only for NiceHash, or if you use some high speed proxy!

For all other miner hardware (include L3) - use port 3433.

If you do not agree to use auto adjust difficulty by the pool, you can set it in password like this: c=ACM,d={diff}
Pages:
Jump to: