Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Ƀ][BBTC] BlakeBitcoin | Blake-256 | GPU| Merged Mined | 21Mil | No Premine - page 10. (Read 31646 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
Blake 256 cannot be mined with asic's that are for sha 256d

you can use a cpu

https://github.com/BlueDragon747/cpuminer    http://blakecoin.org/Blakecoin_Minerd.7z (not recommended) settings for ny merge pool example

minerd --url stratum+tcp://ny2.blakecoin.com:3334  --userpass username:password -t 4 -a blake -s 1

would run 4 cores.......

use a gpu https://github.com/kR105/cgminer-alt

http://www.blakecoin.org/cgminer-alt-pool-photon1.7z

sample conf file.....

{
"pools" : [
   {
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://ny2.blakecoin.com:3334",
      "user" : "your user name in the pooll",
      "pass" : "pool password"
   }
],

"intensity" : "11",
"auto-gpu" : true,
"expiry" : "120",
"failover-only" : true,
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"log" : "5",
"no-restart" : true,
"queue" : "3",
"scan-time" : "30",
"worksize" : "256",
"temp-hysteresis" : "4",
"blake256" : true,
"vectors" : "1",
"hotplug" : "0"
"no-submit-stale": true,
"kernel-path" : "/"
"rpcport" : "8984"
}

for best performance on gpu i recommend low memory and high engine clock speed, (use bitcoin similar settings for your card not litecoin settings)

if you have fpga boards see this brilliant work here

https://github.com/kramble/FPGA-Blakecoin-Miner  and check the Blake Coin thread for how to reprogram/configure.....

No asic's exist to mine blake 256 ......yet..... they would be possible to construct ......

I am mining in the new york merged pool , Blake Coin , Photon and BlakeBitcoin all at the same time ...... other coins are in development that will be merge mined also...... in the near future.....

http://ny2.blakecoin.com/index.php

I apologize for the extremely noob question but I'm very new to mining.
I have a 5200 kh/s gridseed blade asic miner, can I mine this coin? if so which pool would you recommend, if not could someone please help guide me to some info on what I need to start mining this.
thank you very much in advance.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
I apologize for the extremely noob question but I'm very new to mining.
I have a 5200 kh/s gridseed blade asic miner, can I mine this coin? if so which pool would you recommend, if not could someone please help guide me to some info on what I need to start mining this.
thank you very much in advance.
legendary
FYI HERE IS MY PERSONAL WINDOWS QT BUILD OF BLAKE BITCOIN OR B+ AS SOME ARE CALLING IT

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c9ltozjp1jp40es/b_plus_from_cinnamon_win_qt_BLAKE__BITCOIN.7z

Like the original wallet release it shows false positives on the website virus total however only 2....

I would like to point out that even if you compile your own wallets unless you really look over the code do you really know what you are compiling ?

I am not going to teach anyone how but a few lines of code added to some c++ can make it do all sorts of terrible things.....

Terrible things that might not show up on virus total or other scanners if that code has never been tagged as malware in the wild.

So while virus total and other scanning sites are useful tools to help prevent problems the integrity of the person who built the wallet is important too.

I see other coins released with things like 'bounty for mac wallet'  ..... my position is this; sorry I don't support mac wallets right now.

If you want one build it for yourself be my guest but unless I built it myself I will not ever call it an official wallet of a project I am running.

Anyone who allows 'strangers' or people with no reputation to build thier wallets is taking a chance even if it comes up clean on virus total.

I don't want to alarm anyone.  I just want to point out that all virus scanning software including websites like virus total are just layers of protection.

Running things inside a virtual machine is always best if you can. 

Now enough of me hijacking this thread about security ect......

I would say that Blake Bitcoin aka B+ has certainly reached escape velocity from it's launch and you are all welcome to mine Blake Coin, Photon and B+ with me ALL AT THE SAME TIME WITH THE SAME HASH POWER in the NY pool .......  http://ny2.blakecoin.com/index.php

legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
I would just like to point out that if my calculations are correct, the issue with the initial difficulty adjustment has caused about 15% of the total coin supply to be mined within the first day (~65,000 blocks in ~24hr). In terms of time dilation, that would be 113 days of mining (at the expected average rate of 2.5 minutes per block) compressed into 1 day. Is this an accurate calculation?

at least the pool is getting more coins now but there is still no convergence with diff vs block time/production yet so may still be a few more days of unrealistic low diff imho, each diff step is the max 400% as per wallet code so until a balance is achieved its open public low diff mining on pool or solo whatever works best for you  

I got news back from Bryce about Dirac and that should be ready for merge on weekend it is using kgw so fingers crossed should not have same issue

I'm liking this merged mining thingy Smiley

What are those other 2 coins merged mined at the pool? Dirac and AT? Anyone got their respective BTCTalk thread?

They are unreleased atm waiting on wallets from devs Soon!  Grin
legendary
Activity: 872
Merit: 1010
Coins, Games & Miners
I would just like to point out that if my calculations are correct, the issue with the initial difficulty adjustment has caused about 15% of the total coin supply to be mined within the first day (~65,000 blocks in ~24hr). In terms of time dilation, that would be 113 days of mining (at the expected average rate of 2.5 minutes per block) compressed into 1 day. Is this an accurate calculation?

at least the pool is getting more coins now but there is still no convergence with diff vs block time/production yet so may still be a few more days of unrealistic low diff imho, each diff step is the max 400% as per wallet code so until a balance is achieved its open public low diff mining on pool or solo whatever works best for you  

I got news back from Bryce about Dirac and that should be ready for merge on weekend it is using kgw so fingers crossed should not have same issue

I'm liking this merged mining thingy Smiley

What are those other 2 coins merged mined at the pool? Dirac and AT? Anyone got their respective BTCTalk thread?
legendary
Solutions Architect

Activity: 274
Merit: 254
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Works for me.  Comes up clean on MalwareBytes.  Noticed a lot anti-malware/virus programs say *Mining Program*  well duh!
Activity: 23
Merit: 3
Virustotal is now showing 12/52 detection ratio on the windows wallet. Whilst I trust bluedragon, it would be nice / useful if the dev could comment on / deal with this.

I compiled those wallets and they are hosted on my server  Cheesy

Edit:

if you dont like the false positives please just compile from source (no need for trust when you can read the code)

here is a good guide:
https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/13204-how-to-build-a-windows-qt-wallet-for-any-coin-yourself-from-source-code-step-by-step-instructions31/

Note: I use qt 4.8.5 and upnpc 1.6 to avoid some issues in my compiler tool chain

Yes this is true Bluedragon compiled the release versions  Kiss
legendary
Solutions Architect
Virustotal is now showing 12/52 detection ratio on the windows wallet. Whilst I trust bluedragon, it would be nice / useful if the dev could comment on / deal with this.

I compiled those wallets and they are hosted on my server  Cheesy

Edit:

if you dont like the false positives please just compile from source (no need for trust when you can read the code)

here is a good guide:
http://ow.ly/IImjU

Note: I use qt 4.8.5 and upnpc 1.6 to avoid some issues in my compiler tool chain
Activity: 73
Merit: 10

Activity: 23
Merit: 3
Diff rising now,

{
"blocks" : 54314,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 6.03425257,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"networkhashps" : 19936394535,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}

edit - solomining still working well for me.

Yes the difficulty is starting to catch up now  Cool
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Diff rising now,

{
"blocks" : 54314,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 6.03425257,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"networkhashps" : 19936394535,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}

edit - solomining still working well for me.
Activity: 656
Merit: 251
www.fintropy.io
Anyone who makes a mac wallet you know what Im going to do.
Im going to say you are very cool  Cool
legendary
Note , the merged pools are able to mine Blake Coin, Photon and BlakeBitcoin (or B+) as i see it is called here....

With the difficulty of the new child coin very very low compared to the other two (Blake Coin & Photon ) by the time a share is submitted in the pool the blocks are being generated so fast it is no longer valid............note this will be a short term problem only since B+ difficulty will rise x4 each retarget for a while after looking over the source code.......

No one can say they did not have a fair chance to get B+  , going on 12 hours after launch difficulty is still below 1 at .377 right now.

With the difficulty this low it is actually difficult to solo mine with a gpu !!

If you have not mined yet it is certainly not too late to start and you can solo mine vs. use of the merged pools , at least for a little while yet.

As difficulty rises the merged pools will be the way to go.

After all the entire idea behind the child coins of Blake Coin is to be able to mine multiple coins at the same time !!

This family has room to grow and  runs a fast secure blockchain now which will grow over time as more join in mining and other coins are added.

A secure blockchain is probably the most important aspect of any coin (or family of coins) if it is ever going to offer value & trust.

As the developer of Photon I am happy to be part of the project and suggest anyone with long term vision check it out when you can.

if you feel obliged, I wouldnt mind anything between a 100 and a 1000. Wink I joined the merged pool to mine blakebitcoin but it only seems to be submitting shares on photon and blakecoin.

2gujC8dMhaYP5eEFcdGiPyqq8MnN2FcgmL2

thanks either way
if you feel obliged, I wouldnt mind anything between a 100 and a 1000. Wink I joined the merged pool to mine blakebitcoin but it only seems to be submitting shares on photon and blakecoin.

thanks either way

Sent 100.. enjoy!
Activity: 291

thanks either way
Ok ok, you twisted my arm. 1000 Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: