Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 172. (Read 409569 times)

legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
I'm working on a p2pool fork for Blakecoin.

Right now I can't get the blake hash to work properly... for some reason...

Code:
ProcessMessages(version, 128 bytes) : CHECKSUM ERROR nChecksum=916c82af hdr.nChecksum=4bc57200

Trying now to check whether it is an endianness error...

(BlueDragon747... why oh why did you use blake hash for the checksum... D:)

at the time it made sense to use a faster hash for as much of the wallet hashing as possible  Undecided

in Blakecoin you get about three blake256(checksum) per sha256(sha256(checksum)) so it makes sense to use it but the cost is compatibility with the Bitcoin/Litecoin software  Embarrassed

are you using pure python blake8.py that kramble has modded or the python pow module?

Oh? There's a python module? thank god :collapses:

I tried making a C extension (like the litecoin_scrypt module for scrypt) from the blakecoin code and spent the entire day doing it...

Is there a link to blake8.py?

pure python blake8.py (no need to install)
https://github.com/kramble/FPGA-Blakecoin-Miner/tree/master/MiningSoftware/blake_python

example usage:
from blake8 import BLAKE as BLAKE

BLAKE(256).digest(DataToBeHashed)

C extension pow module (need to install)
https://github.com/BlueDragon747/Blakecoin_Python_POW_Module

example usage:
import blake_hash

blake_hash.getPoWHash(DataToBeHashed)

the pure python blake8.py is best for my testing but both work Smiley
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Code:
ProcessMessages(version, 128 bytes) : CHECKSUM ERROR nChecksum=916c82af hdr.nChecksum=4bc57200

at the time it made sense to use a faster hash for as much of the wallet hashing as possible  Undecided

in Blakecoin you get about three blake256(checksum) per sha256(sha256(checksum)) so it makes sense to use it but the cost is compatibility with the Bitcoin/Litecoin software  Embarrassed

are you using pure python blake8.py that kramble has modded or the python pow module?

Oh? There's a python module? thank god :collapses:

I tried making a C extension (like the litecoin_scrypt module for scrypt) from the blakecoin code and spent the entire day doing it...

Is there a link to blake8.py?
Activity: 384
Merit: 250
sorry, i know i asked this before but does the blakecoin cgminer support linux or only windows? I got errors when trying to compile it on linux. or do i just need some special dependencies? I am using the same computer that i used to compile litecoin cgminer with no problem. thanks for any info

Yeah, I got errors when I tried compiling Melnikalex's version on raspi. It appears its been pre-configured for MinGW on Windows. My workaround was to download a fresh copy of the official sources (version 3.3.1 as per the NEWS), then copy over the changed files from the blake version (I used md5sum to compare the entire directory in one go) ... there are quite a few (its actually based on yakminer according to the README) so I cheated and just copied all of *.c and *.h. Then build as normal, at which point I came unstuck as the blake hashing code is bracketed in #ifdef HAVE_OPENCL which requires a GPU build (not appropriate for the raspi). You may have better luck building on a mainstream linux.
Activity: 994
Merit: 500
I've got some BLC for sale, pm with offers.
Activity: 274
Merit: 254
sorry, i know i asked this before but does the blakecoin cgminer support linux or only windows? I got errors when trying to compile it on linux. or do i just need some special dependencies? I am using the same computer that i used to compile litecoin cgminer with no problem. thanks for any info
does have any of the new cgminer have blake or which version has blake256 ?

I'm pretty sure its not in the official cgminer. Melnikalex did a hacked version upthread but this only works for GPU mining.

I'm doing a hack of cgminer 3.1.1 for the fpgas, though this won't support GPUs (I'm not a software expert so I'm pretty limited in what I can accomplish). Hopefully someone more experienced can take my mods and do something more professional with them. It'll be a couple of days before I've got something useful but my initial hack for icarus/lancelot is up on my github (only source patches for linux ATM, though I do have a working MinGW build environment for Windows now).
Activity: 774
Merit: 500
Lazy Lurker Reads Alot
does have any of the new cgminer have blake or which version has blake256 ?
I have an ATX PSU available any special connectors needed?

That should work fine, it has 4 pin molex, 6 pin molex and barrel connector (possibly 3.5mm, not sure). I haven't plugged it in yet but I intend to use the ATX PSU in my main PC (lots of spare connectors, currently using a 4-pin molex for the ztex board). You'll need to download the support materials from http://www.enterpoint.co.uk/cairnsmore/cairnsmore1_support_materials.html

I'll probably start on this on Monday and will keep the thread updated on my progress.

The ztex port is finally beginning to come together. Solved the HW errors issue so now its just a matter of adding the second core and ramping up the clock speed in the build. I've not yet found out why it will only load in three of the four fpgas. It could be a missing bitgen parameter or maybe a startup timing issue. And by pure fluke I've solved two blocks today during testing  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card
Well I should have a Enterpoint Cairnsmore1 Bitcoin miner later this week just to play around with. I'll use it for fireflycoin and cubits until we are ready for testing on Blake.
Shipping delayed hope to have it by 15NOV13 no biggie since there is no blakecoin code for this yet.

I now have a CM1 on loan from BlueDragon so I hope to get started on a port in the next couple of days. I'm currently working on the Ztex port but this is turning out rather more difficult than I'd hoped. I've just about got it working with cgminer but the hardware error rate is way too high and only three of the four fpgas (seemingly randomly) will load the bitstream. By contrast the bitcoin bitstreams load and run perfectly, so I suspect there is something going wrong in the xilinx build process as the verilog is identical other than the hashing core. It seems I must go deeper into this rabbit hole.
Wee!

I have an ATX PSU available any special connectors needed?
Well I should have a Enterpoint Cairnsmore1 Bitcoin miner later this week just to play around with. I'll use it for fireflycoin and cubits until we are ready for testing on Blake.
Shipping delayed hope to have it by 15NOV13 no biggie since there is no blakecoin code for this yet.

I now have a CM1 on loan from BlueDragon so I hope to get started on a port in the next couple of days. I'm currently working on the Ztex port but this is turning out rather more difficult than I'd hoped. I've just about got it working with cgminer but the hardware error rate is way too high and only three of the four fpgas (seemingly randomly) will load the bitstream. By contrast the bitcoin bitstreams load and run perfectly, so I suspect there is something going wrong in the xilinx build process as the verilog is identical other than the hashing core. It seems I must go deeper into this rabbit hole.
cinnamon_carter you make some very good points. This is a good coin which offers something novel unlike many other alt-coins. Blake algorithm seems like an excellent one to use for crypto currency, and it is worth supporting Blakecoin even though its off to a slow start. Anyone developing projects like this should take the time to make sure it works well, rather than just slap it together and focus on "marketing". Keep up the good work guys, I really look forward to seeing where Blakecoin is in a year or two Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
A few thoughts on those fustrated because there is no pool to join.

From a mathematical standpoint you will make exactly the same amount of coins solo mining as you will in a mining pool. Sometimes more. If you donate to a pool or it has a fee you earn less than on your own.
Some coins (not Blake Coin to my knowledge) pay transaction fees to the person who finds a block. Not all pools pass these on to miners.

If you were mining something with a very high difficulty like how litecoin is now I can understand you being unwilling to go at it alone since the chance of a block is so low.

Right now unless you are using a cpu Blake Coin is well within the reach to hit some blocks & get some coins.
Difficulty goes up and down but not so bad that you cannot mine a block.

I am running one gpu and if I can hit blocks so can you !

It is also a little more exciting to solve a block than watch shares tick by.

You get 25 at once plus the subsidy !

Let's relax a little here.

In time someone will solve this problem and you shall have your pool.

Difficulty will probably go up a lot higher.

Not mining because there is no pool is something I can't agree with or understand.

This is valid for any coin unless your hash rate would only produce a block once a week or one a month depending on your patience. 

legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect

Code:

in Blakecoin you get about three blake256(checksum) per sha256(sha256(checksum)) so it makes sense to use it but the cost is compatibility with the Bitcoin/Litecoin software  Embarrassed

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Code:

Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Yay i would love to have a pool for BLC mining !
legendary
Activity: 1197
Merit: 1000
Guys, what about pool? So much time after release - and no pool, it discourages many people (me too) from solomining it b\c of very low block rate Sad

I was working few days on pool code but there is a problem with merkleroot calculation on stratum server and even if shares are accepted and server recognize correctly block candidate it fails to build correct information for blakecoin client.
Activity: 350
DTC unofficial team
Guys, what about pool? So much time after release - and no pool, it discourages many people (me too) from solomining it b\c of very low block rate Sad
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
Google 'abe'

check for it on github
https://github.com/bitcoin-abe/bitcoin-abe

if anyone has some useful links on how to run a pool or blockchain explorer, i'd be happy to try. or also if anyone knows how to do this but just needs hosting, let me know, I have a server that I could dedicate to it.
if anyone has some useful links on how to run a pool or blockchain explorer, i'd be happy to try. or also if anyone knows how to do this but just needs hosting, let me know, I have a server that I could dedicate to it.
Jump to: