Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BQC] BBQCoin Foundation - a collaborative e-democracy - page 3. (Read 4383 times)

Activity: 179
Merit: 100
Due to the fact that you have created your own forum so I guess you dont think ours is good enough. Also you were posting in there acting like you were a developer and has been around for ages.

Your account on here is only a few months old. I just posted, listen and learned for my first year without trying to change things around trying to create a corporation style board of executives.

I wish you all the best but I am having nothing to do with your project as I feel it would centalise the currency even thurther.

I will just stick to running bbqcoin.org and the next client update.

Best of luck.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1005
Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer
Due to the fact that you have created your own forum so I guess you dont think ours is good enough. Also you were posting in there acting like you were a developer and has been around for ages.

Your account on here is only a few months old. I just posted, listen and learned for my first year without trying to change things around trying to create a corporation style board of executives.

I wish you all the best but I am having nothing to do with your project as I feel it would centalise the currency even thurther.

I will just stick to running bbqcoin.org and the next client update.
Just a quick question.

How is having a "five member executive board" helping to decentralise the currency?

This sounds more like a corporation.

You do know that bbqcoin.org is just an information and support site, not a website to control the currency, even our development team do not "control" the currency, that's why we have the source code link.

If you don't want to control anything why would you delete me and all my posts from your bbqcoin.org message board?
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.
The price is so low right now, it's hurting everyone.  I'm not sure why it is so low.   I know there were alot of mine and dumpers just because it was so high on coinchoose over the last month.  But this is really one of my top 3 favorite coins.  Would like to see it worth a little more. 

BTW Nolo this was your 1000th post. Congrats!

lol thanks.  Wish it had been more well thought out.  Cheesy
The price is so low right now, it's hurting everyone.  I'm not sure why it is so low.   I know there were alot of mine and dumpers just because it was so high on coinchoose over the last month.  But this is really one of my top 3 favorite coins.  Would like to see it worth a little more. 

BTW Nolo this was your 1000th post. Congrats!
Holding coins only affects supply. It is safe to say that holding and buying has only artificially propped up the price. The other side to the price equation is demand.  Demand is what is where BBQCoin Foundation should focus its efforts.

How do you increase demand? (I am glad you asked)

First this coin needs to have a professional face. Like it or not people are vain. We want to see pretty things. The look of a website matters.
Second the coin needs to have leadership that is shows a clear roadmap for the future. This gives newbies and veterans assurance that progress is being made.
Third the story of this coin needs to be shared. Many do not know about BBQ and many more think it is still a joke. This needs to be reversed with a deliberate unified message.

One last thought. The driving mission needs to be improving the quality and support of the BBQCoin community. If everything is done with excellence then value will rise. Excellence must come first or value never will.
Activity: 686
Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

Activity: 910
Merit: 1002
Count me in as miner/volunteer

I hope the future board decides to buy and hold at least a few million of the current BQC coins that are on sale.
That should push the price up. I am also willing to spend some BTC on this.

I have already bought half a million of them the last month on my own, IamRickRock got himself loads too, as have countless other miners out there. A few million is not really a lot for a "Board".
Activity: 540
Count me in as miner/volunteer

I hope the future board decides to buy and hold at least a few million of the current BQC coins that are on sale.
That should push the price up. I am also willing to spend some BTC on this.

Just a quick question.

How is having a "five member executive board" helping to decentralise the currency?

This sounds more like a corporation.

You do know that bbqcoin.org is just an information and support site, not a website to control the currency, even our development team do not "control" the currency, that's why we have the source code link.
If you see an SSL error it has been fixed with Godaddy. The fix should propagate over the next 24hrs.
vinne83 I love BBQBets (Even though I have lost more than I have won) Join our community and help us move BBQ forward.

sadface - We can use designers, jump on board.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
i'm a designer and would contribute
Activity: 182
Click through the link and signup for the forum. Welcome aboard!

Don't forget to roll the dice at http://bbqbets.com/  Grin
Click through the link and signup for the forum. Welcome aboard!
Activity: 324
Seems you got pool ops covered. (We're a shameless bunch!)
Activity: 322
Activity: 324
Sound like good ideas to me.

My BBQ pool is in for the long haul. Although hashrate is a bit thin at the moment with the lower price.

First I want to recognize CaptChadd's hard work over the last few months. Thank You for your hard work!

BBQCoin has had a rough couple of weeks. It has come to my belief that the only way for BQC to thrive is to expand and decentralize its control.  

Proposal: Create an environment where the individual skills of all members can be put effectively to use. Have members vote on a five member executive board to strategically plan the future of BQC. The board will then bring to the floor any planned features or changes for the members to vote on. This medium will allow the talented members of the BBQCoin community work in concert toward a common goal.

Current Needs:
  • Web designers are needed to create the Foundation home and logo redesign
  • Forum Admin & Moderators
  • Developers are needed to develop mobile payment apps and ecommerce plugins
  • Miners are needed to stabilize the coin and build a stronger future
  • Pool operates we need you to Smiley
  • Enthusiastic members who want to a help build up a coin that belongs to you!

The future is bright!

https://bbqcoinfoundation.org/
Pages:
Jump to: