Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BQC][POOL][DYNAMIC PPLNS][STRATUM] Silverwolf's BBQ Pool [UPGRADED !] - page 6. (Read 5425 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Ok, the new server is up and running, earlier than expected too.   Hopefully everything will be much smoother than before.  Please report any issues you experience using the ticket system ASAP!!!

Thanks Guys !

The pool's reserve balance is currently about 900 coins.  Won't be long now till we hit 1000 and the contest pays out.

How about we see what this new server can do ?

Good, I'll throw 1.4MH/s at it.

Excellent !  Let me know if you have any issues.

The share difficulty is VERY low.

It's set that way to accommodate slower miners.  If it becomes an issue than I will raise it.  At the moment it's a pretty good compromise until I can get vardiff implemented.

Is it an issue for you ?

Yes, I'm getting quite a few stales.

Turn your scan rate down to 5.  That's where I run mine and I get less than 1% stales.

Also, stratum is coming next, that will drastically reduce stales as well.

Okay, thanks.

Let me know if changing the scan time helps you out.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Ok, the new server is up and running, earlier than expected too.   Hopefully everything will be much smoother than before.  Please report any issues you experience using the ticket system ASAP!!!

Thanks Guys !

The pool's reserve balance is currently about 900 coins.  Won't be long now till we hit 1000 and the contest pays out.

Excellent !  Let me know if you have any issues.

If anyone is interested, I pasted my configure file for cgminer for my HD7950.  It works VERY well, I get @630 kh/s and very low stales.

http://pastebin.com/FE2866Hi
Ok, the new server is up and running, earlier than expected too.   Hopefully everything will be much smoother than before.  Please report any issues you experience using the ticket system ASAP!!!

Thanks Guys !

Excellent !  Let me know if you have any issues.

It's set that way to accommodate slower miners.  If it becomes an issue than I will raise it.  At the moment it's a pretty good compromise until I can get vardiff implemented.

Is it an issue for you ?

Yes, I'm getting quite a few stales.

Turn your scan rate down to 5.  That's where I run mine and I get less than 1% stales. (Edit my stale rate is actually at 1.01% now.)

Also, stratum is coming next, that will drastically reduce stales as well.
It was only the wind.
Ok, the new server is up and running, earlier than expected too.   Hopefully everything will be much smoother than before.  Please report any issues you experience using the ticket system ASAP!!!

Thanks Guys !

Thanks Guys !

It's set that way to accommodate slower miners.  If it becomes an issue than I will raise it.  At the moment it's a pretty good compromise until I can get vardiff implemented.

Is it an issue for you ?

Thanks Guys !

Also,

I'm looking for a better favicon.ico.  If anyone has any experience in creating them I would like to see your ideas.  I'm thinking of something like a silver coin with SW on it or maybe a wolf head, idk.  I'll leave the ideas up to you creative types.

I'd like a small version for the favicon.ico and a larger to use as a site logo on the main page.  I'm going to use the same logo & favicon on all of my pools, so it shouldn't pertain to any one particular coin.

I'm offering a 800 BBQ bounty (from my personal funds) to the person who submits the winning design.

Thanks Guys !

It was only the wind.
I suggest you post the sha256 hash of the date and time you plan to release the reward way ahead of time.
I suggest you post the sha256 hash of the date and time you plan to release the reward way ahead of time.

Now that's interesting ......  Grin
Update on the upgrade process.  The new server is up and bbqcoind has been rebuilt from scratch.  It is downloading the blockchain now.

Once it has finished I will bring the server completely back online.

Thanks for your understanding!!

hmm.  interesting suggestion.

Do we have any others ?
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
Nobody ?  Come on guys!!!  Ideas for fun contests to do on the pool ?
Award the longtime (i.e. more than one week) miner with the slowest hashrate.  Cheesy
Ok, server going down for upgrades now as planned.  Will post updates as time permits.
Nobody ?  Come on guys!!!  Ideas for fun contests to do on the pool ?
Update on the contest progress.  It is still running, but some of our newest members aren't donating anything and this has slowed it down somewhat.  Rest assured that it is still running and as soon as the server's reserve balance hits 1,000 bbq coins I will make the payouts as planned.

I would appreciate any suggestions for future contests to do on the pool if anyone has any ideas.
the bbqcoind process is very unstable still.  During the server migration tomorrow I am going to rebuild it from source and wipe it's database so it will rebuild the blockchain again from scratch.

This will take a few hours but it will hopefully result in a much more stable server.  The estimated down time is now approx 6 hours.  I am going to start Sunday at 3PM Central time so please plan on mining on a backup pool on Sunday from 3pm to approx 9pm Central.

I will post updates in this thread as the process continues.  Thank you.
Reduced number of confirmations required for block payout to 30.  Faster payouts!!!
Having some issues with server stability.  Will be migrating over to a new server Sunday evening.  Expected downtime Sunday will be about an hour. 

In the meantime, the server is back online now.
Pages:
Jump to: