Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 359. (Read 2170648 times)

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1086
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
Do you mean your personal name? I'm sure the guys found your wish hard to grasp when your BTT presentation says "Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer".

Yes - I mean my personal name (i.e. I don't need my ego to be stroked).
Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I'd like the PR team to remove my name and just say CIYAM Developers in the next release (but it was pleasing to see the terms Automated Transactions and CIYAM appearing so thanks very much for that).

Do you mean your personal name? I'm sure the guys found your wish hard to grasp when your BTT presentation says "Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer".
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1086
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

I'd like the PR team to remove my name and just say CIYAM Developers in the next release (but it was pleasing to see the terms Automated Transactions and CIYAM appearing so thanks very much for that).
Activity: 280
I like to share a slightly modified miner for Haswell/AVX2:

https://bchain.info/avx2_miner.tbz

Linux/tested for solo mining only. About 5 times faster.

You only need this if you have lots of TB in one machine. It will only increase your mining speed if it´s limited by your CPU!
Activity: 527
Merit: 503

Nice.. though they didn't get it quite right.  The article makes it look like the hard drive space is being used to store files..  I mean I guess that is the eventual plan.  I just don't see it as a priority in my mind or the thing that makes us special.
How do a news spread? Well, if you Apple it's easy - you just announce a press conference and 800 reporters show up. For smaller businesses it's much harder, where you basically have to identify the agent whom can spread the news you have and hope for them to pick it up and the customers.

For the first press releases, Burst chose the latter with quite good results. However, doing it manually is terribly time-consuming and wont cover the whole relevant area.

There is a third alternative:

Companies specializing in distributing and getting PR published. We have used one such service with amazing results. We're featured at both Yahoo finance, Bloomberg and a number of key media sites for crypto. They were way better than us.

Of course these companies charge for their services, either in dollars or in established crypto currencies. The price for Bitcoin PR Buzz' service that we used last time is $429, but they also have a premium service for $779.

We could do this as a standard CF case but that would require that we dump the Bursts for BTC. So another way to do this is do it as a standard BTC donation case; we provide a BTC address to collect the money from the.

Here is the site: http://bitcoinprbuzz.com/services/

I promise to provide $50/0.2 in BTC to get things started. If you want an escrow or someone else in charge of the fund, we'll be happy to go with that.

For now the address is: 1AxtsE2ciNmY8Y9Rt9UBude6i1iW176oQB

What do you think? Can we count for you support...? If we could do this in a week or so it would be great, as we then would have the means to act when dev news hit us. If you donate, PM me the tx, nick and sum (we are planning a Hall of Contributers/Fame for community members supporting development!)

***EDIT: 0,227BTC ($65) donated by mmmaybe. https://blockchain.info/sv/tx/fa9f80a46e328e20e8653d7f21da83cadc0e29bf6c331dbb6a6b2706cbf0b074

https://blockchain.info/sv/address/1AxtsE2ciNmY8Y9Rt9UBude6i1iW176oQB

Just sent you 0.198 BTC for PR https://blockchain.info/tx/6882b7b20ac4896c01e53796d32ca0c9c218f95de020cd2c4ce34eb8017a7cee

I´m very exited about the upcomming update for burst and the new features....

Thank you, boba! I confirm your btc has arrived. Cheesy

Who is the third contributer besides me and boba...? Total amount is now 0,679 BTC/$200 with the anonymous donor, about half of what we need.

Should we interpret this as several thousand holders do not think spreading a press release is important...?
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
https://bmy.guide
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org
could someone create a tool (webpage) perhaps on one of the existing sites that displays the best current deadline of each known pool when the round is ongoing?

I agree, in fact this is something we're going to be adding to the stats on burst.ninja as soon as we can. We have a lot we're doing though.
Activity: 248
Merit: 100
I'm not real
could someone create a tool (webpage) perhaps on one of the existing sites that displays the best current deadline of each known pool when the round is ongoing?
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
what goes down will come up, it's a cycle.

definitely not always the case with altcoins especially

True but you can expect it with this one, as you can with most successful coins. Sooner or later Ryan Pumper or Bob Surplus or another of those pump groups are going to pump this coin. The lower the cap the easier for them to pump. Not much we can do about it other than ride the wave and sell some for good profit and then go back to accumulating after they dump. We can hope that the increased exposure in the market place will bring in more miners and more investors. It helps grow the BURST economy long term. Just do not buy high and you should be good. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 924

definitely not always the case with altcoins especially
Activity: 619
Merit: 500
Update and News: www.burstcoin.de

>> New Feature German Plot Optimization Guide are now available.
------
Help me to keep up the page and enhance the information for the german community. 135k to go in the Crowfund (now at 70%). Please do some donations!!!!

Activity: 868
i my opinion, and what i see is, that there is a big burst miner, that sells his every day profit.
Because of the low volume and the missing buy orders from btc for burst the prices is going down a little day by day.

also what you said is a second factor.

a third factor is, that there are about one month no new updates for the coin.

but dont worry in a few days big news will be anounced and then this coin will make real fun :-)
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
i see Bitcoin price go high an burst price fall down...
maybe sell pressure to sell burst, to get bitcoin???
or there are other reasons ahead??
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
BURST, the unique POC coin, uses the HD for getting coins but, for sure, if the price raise there will appear ASIC and we sill stock docens of HD that could be used for other things.    

i dont think that asics will come up in the next years. If the come up, your miners could easy be switched to a maidsafe oder a strojx miner.....so no problem at all.

Not so far.....

A i7 can get 20MHash/s and a Antminer S4 gives 2 THash/s. So there is a factor 100,000.

In BURST ploting a i7 calculate 20,000 nonces/minute (about 5 Gb/min), if you apply the same factor, the hipotetical BURST ASIC will calculate 0,5 PB/min, an equivlalent in the 4 minutes block time to a 2Pb (15% of actual size).

The cost of the Antminer S4 is 1500$ and consumes 1500W, the cost of 666 3Tb HD (100$ each) is 66,000$ and consumes (8W each) 5300W (and you would need docens of computers).

So, if the price raise and BURST got popularity, ASIC will come, but don´t worry, Bobafett, for then we will drive our own Ferrari without crowdfund the FerrariSharing.

This is a large part of the reason I'm pushing for POC2.

With POC2 we can shorten block times (probably 30 seconds?), which improves the efficiency of HHD vs ASICs since ASICs have a shorter period of time to do the same amount of work.

Plus keep in mind that you plot once then you just pull numbers off the drive.. point being it isn't the i7 doing the having. And keep in mind that most people will use GPUs to plot their drives.

Also not understanding, how did you get Ant miner =666 *3 TB worth of drives?

I made a very rough calculations getting that a AntminerS4 is 100,000 times faster than a i7, and 2Pb it´s 100,000 times the amount of capacity that can be plotted for a i7 in 4 minutes, that is 666 3Tb drives.

When I calculate the power consumition I make a mistake, I really use the power of the HD during the 4 minutes block and the Hd is used for less than a minute (the time to read it on every block), but if you sum the power consumition of the pc to control the HD, the power is much bigger.

5gb/min is plotting, which is all 4096 scoops. If you are mining with an asic like that, you have to ditch 4095/4096 of those calculations because they aren't valid. You can't only plot 1 scoop at a time, you need all 4096 to sign with ur burst address.Therefore, the asic just became 4096 times less efficient Cheesy

I´m calculating the amount plotted for every machine (i7 or the virtual BUSRT Asic), and, of course, it need to make the all nonce (4096 scoops) to get a unique deadline. An i7 can make 20,000 of this nonces (whit 4096 scoops each) in a minute, so the virtual Asic will make 2,000,000,000 nonces/min (with 4096 scoops each) and if each nonce is 256kb, it´s like a 512,000,000,000,000 bytes/min or 0.5Pb/min

Of course, it will be used only 1/4096 of the total calculated data (as we all do on every block).

Anyway, if sometime BURST worth a lot, ppl would find systems to miner it quickly than others, and this would be good for all of us.
Update and News: www.burstcoin.de

>> New Feature German Plotting Guide was enhanced with gpu plotting (cpu plotting was already described).
------
Help me to keep up the page and enhance the information for the german community. 135k to go in the Crowfund (now at 70%). Please do some donations!!!!
How do a news spread? Well, if you Apple it's easy - you just announce a press conference and 800 reporters show up. For smaller businesses it's much harder, where you basically have to identify the agent whom can spread the news you have and hope for them to pick it up and the customers.

For the first press releases, Burst chose the latter with quite good results. However, doing it manually is terribly time-consuming and wont cover the whole relevant area.

There is a third alternative:

Companies specializing in distributing and getting PR published. We have used one such service with amazing results. We're featured at both Yahoo finance, Bloomberg and a number of key media sites for crypto. They were way better than us.

Of course these companies charge for their services, either in dollars or in established crypto currencies. The price for Bitcoin PR Buzz' service that we used last time is $429, but they also have a premium service for $779.

We could do this as a standard CF case but that would require that we dump the Bursts for BTC. So another way to do this is do it as a standard BTC donation case; we provide a BTC address to collect the money from the.

Here is the site: http://bitcoinprbuzz.com/services/

I promise to provide $50/0.2 in BTC to get things started. If you want an escrow or someone else in charge of the fund, we'll be happy to go with that.

For now the address is: 1AxtsE2ciNmY8Y9Rt9UBude6i1iW176oQB

What do you think? Can we count for you support...? If we could do this in a week or so it would be great, as we then would have the means to act when dev news hit us. If you donate, PM me the tx, nick and sum (we are planning a Hall of Contributers/Fame for community members supporting development!)

***EDIT: 0,227BTC ($65) donated by mmmaybe. https://blockchain.info/sv/tx/fa9f80a46e328e20e8653d7f21da83cadc0e29bf6c331dbb6a6b2706cbf0b074

https://blockchain.info/sv/address/1AxtsE2ciNmY8Y9Rt9UBude6i1iW176oQB

Just sent you 0.198 BTC for PR https://blockchain.info/tx/6882b7b20ac4896c01e53796d32ca0c9c218f95de020cd2c4ce34eb8017a7cee

I´m very exited about the upcomming update for burst and the new features....
Jump to: