Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Datacoin] krypte.net - store and browse files in the blockchain - page 2. (Read 3208 times)

Activity: 637
Merit: 500
New feature added, Datacoin blockchain file browser a https://krypte.net/dtc/file-browser

Currently free. You just need to register an account to use it.

More to come.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
DTC unofficial team
wow, new design! Looks really attractive Smiley
by the way: demonstrating 'fund download' feature!
https://krypte.net/dtc/txid/45b7c4d471b63d5eae25c541b4d31ab512bc3814603a3bf6dd8911518ecc7a0d
DTC unofficial team
tnanks for fix, now it looks well Smiley
Finally fixed the nasty bug on the top bar.
It now displays correctly, also added the twitter feed for @kryptenet
DTC unofficial team
Tested new features, works awesome:) and yes, bumping your post
Added new features, see the OP.
DTC unofficial team
Cryptrol went offline, but he didn't notify all of you that he implemented one awesome feature. I'll do it, you can check it on krypte.net ! Smiley

The new feature it's done and for now it's free, it's called fund download and it let's you create a direct download link to the data file without having to be logged in or know about DTC.
I intend to charge a very small fee for this service in the future, not sure when, still thinking about ways to monetize the service.
DTC unofficial team
Just got list of all transactions with attached data from http://www.chainbrowser.com/ , checked some of this data via https://krypte.net - all works perfect!  Smiley
Bump, need moar feedback.
One more feature request.
Can you add 'get data' function even for those who is not registered or logged in? Use case: I'm a man who needs quickly get some info by transaction id. I don't want to download blockchain, I even don't have time to register. I go to krypte.net, insert TX id and download file.
I am kinda planning this feature, but I am still thinking about how to implement it. Don't you think that enabling this downloads would make it too transparent for the user ? I mean someone could download it without even knowing that he is using the Datacoin infrastructure.
This seems a nice feature but not sure I want it this way ... any ideas welcome.
Sounds right. Also I thought that your app now cannot know format of downloading file - maybe it was gzipped or rar'ed. It will be implemented by Perl envelope later, but not just now.
When downloading block data from krypte.net the MIME type of the file you are requesting is detected so that if you are opening a compressed file, the file will open with Winrar, 7zip or any other tool that you may have installed. If the data you request is an image the type is also detected and the corresponding program in your computer is used (this is done by the web browser). This is also true for PDF and a lot of other file types.
It's just MIME magic.
DTC unofficial team
Can you add 'get data' function even for those who is not registered or logged in? Use case: I'm a man who needs quickly get some info by transaction id. I don't want to download blockchain, I even don't have time to register. I go to krypte.net, insert TX id and download file.
I am kinda planning this feature, but I am still thinking about how to implement it. Don't you think that enabling this downloads would make it too transparent for the user ? I mean someone could download it without even knowing that he is using the Datacoin infrastructure.
This seems a nice feature but not sure I want it this way ... any ideas welcome.
Sounds right. Also I thought that your app now cannot know format of downloading file - maybe it was gzipped or rar'ed. It will be implemented by Perl envelope later, but not just now.
DTC unofficial team
Small note: please add menu near 'Datacoin' on page where user gets after login.
This is actually a nasty bootstrap bug I am working on  Angry
DTC unofficial team
Small note: please add menu near 'Datacoin' on page where user gets after login.
DTC unofficial team
Total bounty for this service from Datacoin Foundation is 300 Datacoins ! Congratulations!
Activity: 724
will try it asap
Might want to update the title to something like "[ANN][DTC][Datacoin] krypte.net - store files in the blockchain" because even for me it didn't catch my eye that this was related to DTC.
You are right, DTC is still little known to most.

Also, I intensely disagree with fees that high so early, ESPECIALLY for simple withdrawals.  I know I don't even feel comfortable moving my funds there atm because I know I'm going to be charged when I withdraw.  If you want the site to have the usefulness of somewhere like Blockchain.info, there must not be fees for simply moving your money.
Regarding the fees, the standard client fee for sending coins is 0.05, so I just added 0.01 which is not much in my opinion. The network fees for sending data are 0.05 per Kb I am just keeping 0.05 per upload which again is not much.

Thanks for your feedback.

DTC unofficial team
feedbacks are always good Smiley It's awesome that such applications are created, and it's normal that some changes should be applied basing on feedbacks.
Activity: 253
Merit: 1413
DTCxNMC
Might want to update the title to something like "[ANN][DTC][Datacoin] krypte.net - store files in the blockchain" because even for me it didn't catch my eye that this was related to DTC.

Also, I intensely disagree with fees that high so early, ESPECIALLY for simple withdrawals.  I know I don't even feel comfortable moving my funds there atm because I know I'm going to be charged when I withdraw.  If you want the site to have the usefulness of somewhere like Blockchain.info, there must not be fees for simply moving your money.
Pages:
Jump to: