Author

Topic: [ANN][DGC] Digitalcoin | Multi-algo & Masternodes | Established 2013 - page 196. (Read 523478 times)

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain
Calling all miners and pool owners:

Dev has depleted the first round of donations with the recent development of DGC.  As many of you have noticed, Dev hard work is showing through the steady rise in DGC exchange price.  There are still a lot of work to be done.  As such, I am asking the community to chip in and donate what you can.  I am calling BigVern and BitJohn over at Cryptsy to support DGC as well because the success of DGC can only mean volumes for you guys.   Wink

I will donate 500 DGC to get things going and from now and tomorrow, I will match any donations up to 100 DGC.  You can see the first round donations on the wiki site.  Let's make Round 2 a much bigger number...

http://www.dgcwiki.com/index.php?title=Project_Contributors

DHgXvhswV9j3t9VTKu1QfAu6kYM1HHD5sJ

Thank you for your support.

-tb-

Just donated 43 DGC ... and I think somebody is still matching that  Wink

game, set, matched...  Thanks for the donation.   Grin

Lets go people, I'm still matching up to 100 DGC of your donation to DGC Foundation.

http://www.dgcwiki.com/index.php?title=Project_Contributors

-tb-
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Hack The Planet
Calling all miners and pool owners:

Dev has depleted the first round of donations with the recent development of DGC.  As many of you have noticed, Dev hard work is showing through the steady rise in DGC exchange price.  There are still a lot of work to be done.  As such, I am asking the community to chip in and donate what you can.  I am calling BigVern and BitJohn over at Cryptsy to support DGC as well because the success of DGC can only mean volumes for you guys.   Wink

I will donate 500 DGC to get things going and from now and tomorrow, I will match any donations up to 100 DGC.  You can see the first round donations on the wiki site.  Let's make Round 2 a much bigger number...

http://www.dgcwiki.com/index.php?title=Project_Contributors#Donations

Thank you for your support.

-tb-

Just donated 43 DGC ... and I think somebody is still matching that  Wink
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1052
As the network grows, it also becomes more and more resistant to attacks. That's why digital currency succeeds and why it is based on decentralization.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
FUCK THE SYSTEM!
Anyway .. what about the proof-of-work and the impossibility of double spending with blocks every 20 seconds?
Who gives me an explanation?

Some notes on your double-spend/51% worries:

1. The only thing that's possible is that a person with 51% can un-spend their own transactions. So that limits them to money in their wallet.
2. That is only possible if they can generate more blocks than the rest of the network.
3. Having 51% of the blocks only increases probability, and does not introduce any new certainty. It's possible to double spend even if you only have 1% of the network but got really lucky and generated more blocks than the network.
4. It's more profitable to mine digitalcoin with 51% of power than it is to try and destroy it. In fact, there would be no reason for someone to attempt such a thing, and if they did, it's very unlikely to succeed.
5. Transactions require an exchange of private keys between two parties. So really the only way to double spend is to control a whole sub-network or broadcast transactions to all network. In your subnetwork, not even one computer is allowed to be outside your control. The problem is, as soon as any outside client connects to your sub-network, they will have consensus data from other peers and re-download the whole blockchain.

So you can see how difficult that concept is to apply. Also, I am considering an update to the system where nodes that detect bad blocks communicate it directly with the rest of the network just to add an additional layer of security.

Ok, the explanations are very volatile ... now that the volume is low they may hold up, but let's assume that the volume grows, and begins to take the currency value, the DigitalCoin could not be subject to attacks and therefore unreliable?
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Have any pools looked at implementing voluntary donations to the digitalcoin development foundation? The best way to move this community forward is working together.
i will definitely donate some just like i did for WDC developers. btw network is really healthy, i'm getting results matching profit calculators for my pool. way better than wdc was. i do now regret not starting a DGC pool when it was just released Smiley

I can confirm this! Payouts right on TARGET! Cool Keep up!

BTW why did you delay DGC pool, I was forced to use P2P pools to earn some penny..
i just thought this was a worthless WDC clone. now i regret that Cheesy

Fair enough, the pool is solving ~10-11 blocks per hour now vs. the ~2-4 it was doing during your mining period.  Though I'm more concerned about your missing shares than overall coins at this point, as that'd point to different problems.  I can't find them at this point, and haven't heard of any other complaints, but will dig a bit more when I have time.  Can send you a few DGC to compensate if you'd like.  

If you happen to be willing to throw a bit of hashpower back on the pool to see how it goes with our current success, let me know the results.  If not, understandable.

Regarding stratum vs. getwork, stratum is much more efficient all around.  Where the shares that went missing on the site, or reported by your client?

btw, hash estimate is about double what I'm actually running.  I know it's just eye-candy, though.

Is it consistently that high?  I've been tweaking the calc earlier today, thought I had it mostly sorted, my own hashrate seemed mostly-accurate anyways, though I notice just checking now it was a little high (+15% or so), but generally evens itself out.    Let me know if this isn't what your seeing, and username/actual rate/shown rate, maybe it'll help me refine things further.

Thanks for the feedback!
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Have any pools looked at implementing voluntary donations to the digitalcoin development foundation? The best way to move this community forward is working together.
i will definitely donate some just like i did for WDC developers. btw network is really healthy, i'm getting results matching profit calculators for my pool. way better than wdc was. i do now regret not starting a DGC pool when it was just released Smiley

I can confirm this! Payouts right on TARGET! Cool Keep up!

BTW why did you delay DGC pool, I was forced to use P2P pools to earn some penny..
i will definitely donate some just like i did for WDC developers. btw network is really healthy, i'm getting results matching profit calculators for my pool. way better than wdc does. i do now regret not starting a DGC pool when it was just released Smiley
Activity: 662

Fair enough, the pool is solving ~10-11 blocks per hour now vs. the ~2-4 it was doing during your mining period.  Though I'm more concerned about your missing shares than overall coins at this point, as that'd point to different problems.  I can't find them at this point, and haven't heard of any other complaints, but will dig a bit more when I have time.  Can send you a few DGC to compensate if you'd like.  

If you happen to be willing to throw a bit of hashpower back on the pool to see how it goes with our current success, let me know the results.  If not, understandable.

Regarding stratum vs. getwork, stratum is much more efficient all around.  Where the shares that went missing on the site, or reported by your client?

btw, hash estimate is about double what I'm actually running.  I know it's just eye-candy, though.
legendary
The shares are missing on the site.. I dont really compare the miners shares, dont have time for that.  Grin
Dont worry I will give it another try, I am sure that pool will be better and better through time. PPS is what brings people I am sure that if it pays good you will have big hashrate! Just look into stratum connection, because PPL sometimes must sleep and dont like to wake up with crashed stratum  Shocked.

No need for compansation this time no worries. Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1052
Honestly, I have no idea any more. All I know is that i have 8.9dgc when I should have had at least 15-20 through that time... And when I already had 8.9dgc i had about 750 more unpaid shares that did not convert into coins... Thats ok i understand that you have more work to do! That is why I just tested the pool and didnt go with all hashing power.

Another problem is stratum.. It has share submit delays and eventualy stratum crashes! It would be good to make a gatework connection also because the stratum is not reliable. Stales are ok at about 3% but that doesnt matter as long as stratus crashes..
i'm sorry to say, but stratum is way more reliable than pushpool's longpoll protocol. if one gets worse results, i guess that's a misconfiguration either at miner or a pool's side. i'm running stratum at my pools 24x7 and didnt get any crash yet.

Activity: 182
Merit: 10
Honestly, I have no idea any more. All I know is that i have 8.9dgc when I should have had at least 15-20 through that time... And when I already had 8.9dgc i had about 750 more unpaid shares that did not convert into coins... Thats ok i understand that you have more work to do! That is why I just tested the pool and didnt go with all hashing power.

Another problem is stratum.. It has share submit delays and eventualy stratum crashes! It would be good to make a gatework connection also because the stratum is not reliable. Stales are ok at about 3% but that doesnt matter as long as stratus crashes..
i'm sorry to say, but stratum is way more reliable than pushpool's longpoll protocol. if one gets worse results, i guess that's a misconfiguration either at miner or a pool's side. i'm running stratum at my pools 24x7 and didnt get any crash yet.

@Erundook, I never had a problem with stratum on your pools. They are working flawlessly!
But for the WDC pool I had some problems with much less payout than it should have been!
Neverteless I will try DGC Pool now...
the payouts were a common problem for wdc network at all, since it was generating much less blocks than expected with a given hash rate.
but sure, drop in to the dgc pool. that one seems to squeeze enough blocks off the network.

Gotta love the calculators Cheesy

@Erundook, I never had a problem with stratum on your pools. They are working flawlessly!
But for the WDC pool I had some problems with much less payout than it should have been!
the payouts were a common problem for wdc network at all, since it was generating much less blocks than expected with a given hash rate.
but sure, drop in to the dgc pool. that one seems to squeeze enough blocks off the network.
Activity: 163
Can someone help me with solo mining.  I do everything that the first page of this thread says to do.  I use cgminer through gui miner and I'm hashing away.  But here is my issue.  When I do pool mining i get about 10x more blocks found then I do through solo mining.  I get about a 3:10 ratio of accepts to stales while solo mining.  Can someone help?  Am i doing something wrong or is there something I need to do in addition to what the first page says?  I just don't get it.  

What is your total hash rate?
If you are using CGminer, what is your configuration?

my total hashrate is about 5mh.  I use cg through gui miner.  and i use the basic setup.  I have 7950's and i run them at thread concurrency 24000, 20 intensity.  I think GUI miner takes care of the rest.  I use the same setup solo mining as I do through pools.  But in pools i get like i said about 10x more blocks found then I do solo.  i'd rather do solo because i'm pretty sure looking through my numbers over the past week I'd be getting much more in terms of a payout.  Seems that through pools i'm a big block producers and others are leeching basically. 

Sent ya PM. I had tough time setting up all my rigs for solo mining.
I can help you if you want to do it.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

For all miners and pool owners:  the words of the day

"Spread the Hash, it does the network good"

-tb-

Could do with some more miners at http://www.digitalcoinpool.com
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain
Can someone help me with solo mining.  I do everything that the first page of this thread says to do.  I use cgminer through gui miner and I'm hashing away.  But here is my issue.  When I do pool mining i get about 10x more blocks found then I do through solo mining.  I get about a 3:10 ratio of accepts to stales while solo mining.  Can someone help?  Am i doing something wrong or is there something I need to do in addition to what the first page says?  I just don't get it.  

If you are talking about the accepted share you see when mining in a pool then those are not blocks.  While the accepted shares when solo mining are blocks.  Perhaps someone else can explain this better.

-tb-
Activity: 22
Merit: 0

my total hashrate is about 5mh.  I use cg through gui miner.  and i use the basic setup.  I have 7950's and i run them at thread concurrency 24000, 20 intensity.  I think GUI miner takes care of the rest.  I use the same setup solo mining as I do through pools.  But in pools i get like i said about 10x more blocks found then I do solo.  i'd rather do solo because i'm pretty sure looking through my numbers over the past week I'd be getting much more in terms of a payout.  Seems that through pools i'm a big block producers and others are leeching basically. 
Activity: 163

Jump to: