Author

Topic: [ANN][DGC] Digitalcoin | Multi-algo & Masternodes | Established 2013 - page 261. (Read 523463 times)

legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Cryptcoins.net has a digital coin pool now, http://digi.cryptcoins.net
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1052
Appended the following to difficulty section of the original post to better explain difficulty adjustment.

Every 1080 blocks (6 hours @ 20 seconds per block), the network scales the difficulty accordingly. Example: If target is 6 hours and it took 3 hours to find 1080 blocks, difficulty will increase 200%.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
If someone want to sell ther DGC, let me know - we can discuss about the price.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
fml

If you do a bit of research, lowering the diff of shares in a P2Pool, doesn't do anything. Your mining client will show you sending shares, but the pool will automatically ignore shares, lower then the diff level it's looking for.
Trust me, you need a real pool, or your coin will stagnate.

Well whatever coins come into my wallet almost every minute so..........

Can only speak from experience. I can almost garentee, that this is not the case for a number of people, trying the P2Pool pools
legendary
The main post is now updated again with a list of all the pools. All are functioning well.
Activity: 1395
Merit: 505
As far as I can tell my p2pool is working fine.  I have an independent miner connected to it and the pool is paying immediately every time a block is discovered.

P2Pool stands for Peer 2 Pool, we shoud all have a P2Pool node and create a Pool.
I shouldn't connect to your, I don't know if this makes sense to you.
There is a huge rate of rejected and stales.

Not really ... Shares: 1801 total (0 orphaned, 71 dead) Efficiency: 103.3%
Activity: 90
Merit: 10

If you do a bit of research, lowering the diff of shares in a P2Pool, doesn't do anything. Your mining client will show you sending shares, but the pool will automatically ignore shares, lower then the diff level it's looking for.

Reliability is only criteria that matter. You're right...
Activity: 546
Merit: 500

erk
Activity: 826
There are real pools.

scryptmining.com

crypto-coins.de:8907

And more. I am trying to decentralize the network and not have too much of the hashing power concentrated at a couple of pools.

http://dgc.turbocoin.us/

legendary
There are real pools.

scryptmining.com

crypto-coins.de:8907

And more. I am trying to decentralize the network and not have too much of the hashing power concentrated at a couple of pools.

Activity: 196
As far as I can tell my p2pool is working fine.  I have an independent miner connected to it and the pool is paying immediately every time a block is discovered.

P2Pool stands for Peer 2 Pool, we shoud all have a P2Pool node and create a Pool.
I shouldn't connect to your, I don't know if this makes sense to you.
There is a huge rate of rejected and stales.
fml

Activity: 1395
Merit: 505
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
baritus 16 hours in and there isn't any decent pool yet, this is a big problem.
p2pool is working bad (not paying shares), german pool is overloaded
Don't know, why it should be overloaded at 20 MHash.... Everything seems to work smooth...

But you're right... Other pools beside P2Pool won't be bad...
Activity: 546
fml

P2Pool, is only good as an early measure, until a stable, actual pool is in place. Once diff starts to rise, small miners, stop getting shares fast enough, and stop getting paid. FC2, had the same problem.
Activity: 196
fml
hydroponica, the block time needs to be long enough so that everyone in the network can get notified of new blocks. if the block time isn't long enough, then nodes will start to have inconsistent views of the blockchain

An upcoming problem, that has been predicted for WDC. Has Digicoin taken this into account, and if so, what has been done to mitigate this?

*Edit* not trolling, btw, this is an honest question.

ehm, this has been answered already many times, search it.
and good luck with wdc diff 8 sub .001 ahahaha

The diff is time based, so, if people network hashrate drops, difficulty will drop. I'm not concerned about that yet.
legendary
hydroponica, the block time needs to be long enough so that everyone in the network can get notified of new blocks. if the block time isn't long enough, then nodes will start to have inconsistent views of the blockchain

An upcoming problem, that has been predicted for WDC. Has Digicoin taken this into account, and if so, what has been done to mitigate this?

*Edit* not trolling, btw, this is an honest question.

Yes, the code was edited to raise difficulty 100x faster than usual and I tested orphan rates at different combinations. The coin settings and optimizations do allow it to keep the network safe, propagate transactions efficiently, and still provide very quick transactions. You can look at the block explorer and/or some pools for some current data.
Jump to: