Author

Topic: [ANN][GAP] Gapcoin - Prime Gap Search - New Math Algo - CPU / GPU - Zero Premine - page 115. (Read 286844 times)

Activity: 177
Merit: 153

Mining hardware comparison: http://gapcoin.org/hardware-comparison.php

You can submit your own stats on the site.
The statistics posted in this thread are already added.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 501
nead the pool Sad

Working hard on it!

Yeah, we need a pool.
But in the meantime: the wallet has some problems while compiling, but the precompiled binary works. The standalone miner has some problems while compiling, but the precompiled binary doesn't work. The miner simply finishes without errors/messages. I'm testing it on actual Mint with all dependencies installed
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
Developer & Pool Operator | AltPooler.com
Activity: 122
Developer & Pool Operator | AltPooler.com
Examine the source code if you want to see brilliance.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
Anyone working on getting Gapcoin on a real exchange? (Bittrex would be nice)

Anynews on Pool?

please if you get GPU working be nice and share don't mine on your own for 10days... (probably too much to ask)

Found 2 blocks in 16hrs Smiley

55000 ppd

It is quite soon for a better exchange. Lets see if a pool pops in a few days or maybe weeks. Meanwhile we have to bring more people with CPUs to mine...I wanna see diff going higher first.

I believe that GPU wont come so fast. But not sure.

It's a nice experiment but unless this coin is used for something it will die...

It's already difficult to mine, people won't join unless it hit a good exchange or you can do something with it.

I think the dev team should work on the usefulness of the coin then exchanges will follow. 

Its quite easy to mine actually. What do you expect? To mine with a laptop and get 20 dollars per day?

And yes it is an experiment. I like that it will possibly make some records and this will probably bring more people interested in computer science/mathematics etc to bitcoin.
Activity: 226

Anynews on Pool?

please if you get GPU working be nice and share don't mine on your own for 10days... (probably too much to ask)

55000 ppd

It is quite soon for a better exchange. Lets see if a pool pops in a few days or maybe weeks. Meanwhile we have to bring more people with CPUs to mine...I wanna see diff going higher first.

It's a nice experiment but unless this coin is used for something it will die...

It's already difficult to mine, people won't join unless it hit a good exchange or you can do something with it.

I think the dev team should work on the usefulness of the coin then exchanges will follow. 
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org

Anynews on Pool?

55000 ppd

Activity: 226

Anynews on Pool?

55000 ppd
Activity: 352
agran - Thank you very much  Smiley
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Help please Huh

%APPDATA%\Gapcoin

Create or edit file "gapcoin.conf"

Code:
server=1
addnode=212.227.143.155
addnode=104.131.69.82
addnode=95.215.44.9
addnode=155.254.36.179
addnode=199.127.226.192
addnode=88.198.69.99
addnode=193.242.149.63
rpcallowip=*
rpcuser=YOUR_LOGIN
rpcpassword=YOUR_PASSWORD
rpcthreads=100
restart gapcoin wallet.

and run:
Code:
gapminer.exe -o 127.0.0.1 -p 31397 -u YOUR_LOGIN -x YOUR_PASSWORD -t 2
Activity: 352
Activity: 556
Not finding any blocks for quite a while....anyone else?

I am mining on 6 different comps ranging from 10-30k pps.

I am using setgenerate true from wallet, should I be using something else?

I had something similar, and found that my comps were kinda finding blocks, but most were orphans due to not keeping up with the network (comparing my top block to the block explorer top block). I've been watching my network connections, thinking it might have something to do with losing connectivity to nodes so it just stays on some blocks for longer than it's supposed to.

I added all the nodes in the OP too, but I haven't found any blocks that I know of since I started watching it. I've got 43k pps, so they're usually quite a few hours inbetween.

I did find two legit blocks today though, so big win from the last few days when I ended up with 1 block on the 23rd, 1 block on the 22nd, and 3 on the 21st.
OK thanks thats is similar to my block finds between comps, thanks.

Hopefully others can weigh in their results as well, or the dev can tell us if this is correct.

I have not found a block from 36 hours ago @2700 pps  Sad
Activity: 309
Merit: 250

I had something similar, and found that my comps were kinda finding blocks, but most were orphans due to not keeping up with the network (comparing my top block to the block explorer top block). I've been watching my network connections, thinking it might have something to do with losing connectivity to nodes so it just stays on some blocks for longer than it's supposed to.

I added all the nodes in the OP too, but I haven't found any blocks that I know of since I started watching it. I've got 43k pps, so they're usually quite a few hours inbetween.

I did find two legit blocks today though, so big win from the last few days when I ended up with 1 block on the 23rd, 1 block on the 22nd, and 3 on the 21st.
OK thanks thats is similar to my block finds between comps, thanks.

Hopefully others can weigh in their results as well, or the dev can tell us if this is correct.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Activity: 350

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
[2014-10-24 23:40:26] pps: 34837 / 34249  10g/h  /   15g/h  /
[2014-10-24 23:40:36] pps: 35186 / 34256  10g/h  /   15g/h  /
[2014-10-24 23:40:46] pps: 35285 / 34264  10g/h  /   15g/h  /
[2014-10-24 23:41:05] pps: 35083 / 34280  10g/h  /   15g/h  /
Got new target: 20.2047

how do you know what speed I Sad

pps are your primes per second. 34280 is actually pretty good, what cpu are you mining on?
Maybe we can create a hardware comparison page on the website.

~41xxx pps  
win7 64bit
amd fx8350 black edition using all cores + asrock 990extreme3 (maybe not the best combination)
(mining it since the beginning, 141 gap so far. maybe more possible, but running
2x 290x oc to mine, 3 asics and 12,5 tb hdd (mining burst) at the same time.
with only 16gb ram...  Grin  still working pretty smooth
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Laptop from my girlfriend
http://snakefreak.pytalhost.de/i3m350.png

My Mediacenter
3Threads only because asic usb miners
http://snakefreak.pytalhost.de/i32100.png

And my Laptop
http://snakefreak.pytalhost.de/i7gap.png

Phantas have a withdraw to since 14.5 hours.
Activity: 1050
Jump to: