Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][HLM] HELIUM - page 93. (Read 189458 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 100
3... 2... 1... Launch!
October 05, 2017, 01:56:56 AM
Did the snapshot get support from Bittrex as of yet?
Activity: 289
Merit: 250
October 04, 2017, 07:10:01 PM
Is there a signature graphics link, I want to help promote Helium. Thanks
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
October 04, 2017, 02:38:48 PM
Also, I am curious to know, do people think it's safer to hold the coins on cryptopia or in a wallet?  I can see an argument for both sides.  Cryptopia would allow you to trade sooner, but a wallet is securer for obvious reasons.  After the split how soon will you actually be able to do something with coins held in a wallet?  

From what I understand, in previous discussions, is that it will be somewhat of a manual process. You'll likely need to sign a message proving ownership of your SPR address and the HLM team will issue you the appropriate amount? Personally I'd rather have an exchange be the ones knowing who mapped to which addresses, instead of the people controlling the project. This is on principle alone, I have no ill feelings towards anybody on the HLM crew. I just stride carefully and am always conscious of minimizing my ability to be tracked/deobfuscated.
Activity: 153
Merit: 102
October 04, 2017, 12:41:12 PM
Also, I am curious to know, do people think it's safer to hold the coins on cryptopia or in a wallet?  I can see an argument for both sides.  Cryptopia would allow you to trade sooner, but a wallet is securer for obvious reasons.  After the split how soon will you actually be able to do something with coins held in a wallet? 
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
October 04, 2017, 12:35:57 PM
Is 1,000 confirmed for a master node?

Yes, it is.

Is there a mailing list or something to stay tuned to learn how to set up a master node as soon as it becomes possible?

I'd love to know that too Cheesy
October 04, 2017, 12:25:11 PM

Yes, it is.

Is there a mailing list or something to stay tuned to learn how to set up a master node as soon as it becomes possible?

Activity: 1414
Merit: 252
Keep it Simple guys :)
October 04, 2017, 11:46:50 AM
So two months of postponement and finally on October 10,2017 , Helium Pay will be born out of SPR snapshot. So many things happen if exchanges will honor the redemption but in the end SPR should be stored in local wallet to be able to have HLM.

everything can be happend , but depending from their announcement on slack,,
we can hold SPR on local wallet or in cryptopia, we don't know the mechanism on cryptopia.
just hold there on cryptopia or SPR local wallet

regards
Activity: 25
October 04, 2017, 11:09:39 AM
Ok... thx
Activity: 322
October 04, 2017, 10:57:21 AM
Is the snapshot already through?

No, it isn't... It will happen sometimes on 10. October morning (New Zealand) or 9. October evening depending your time zone.
Activity: 25
October 04, 2017, 10:42:02 AM
Is the snapshot already through?
Activity: 560
Merit: 253
October 04, 2017, 09:20:31 AM
This looks interesting... what is the tie-in with spreadcoin? Actually, I think I mean why and why give away Helium with it? Huh

coins101, the lead dev was a dev on Spreadcoin. When much of the team walked away without a public announcement. He decided he would create a similar project that was more inline with hsi vision, and give SPR holders a stake in it due to the bad behavior of the SPR devs.
Activity: 238
October 04, 2017, 08:02:14 AM
This looks interesting... what is the tie-in with spreadcoin? Actually, I think I mean why and why give away Helium with it? Huh
October 04, 2017, 06:33:26 AM
Congrats to the team for the progress & update, I am super stoked about Helium and Heliumpay.

For those among us running a headless Linux VPS, how would we create a masternode? Do we keep the coins on the VPS or do we keep them on a GUI wallet at home and run the demon on the VPS? If someone has a bit more information on how to run a mn, I would greatly appreciate it - also if there's a running version on testnet so I could practice.

Helium will be a Dash fork, it will work the same way as most of the Dash form coins, such as Arc, ChainCoin, Das and so on... You can find a good example on the Chaincoin website or in the ArcticCoin site as well. Basically the same looking wallet with the same options.
I am running a few DAS, a few ARC and a few ChaniCoin nodes to participle... All of the the same. The coins in my local Windows wallet and the nodes are running on the Linux VPS's with 0 balance.

I have not tried any VPS. Would https://www.vultr.com/ be a good vps to use?

Good, but expensive.

You can have a 1GB memory instance with cost $5 with them for £1.2 from ArubaColoud (Select DC1 or DC3)
Or a 2GB Ram VPS from OVH.com for £3.

If you don't mind spending the $5 a month, you are better off subscribing for a managed Helium node hosting with node-vps. They charge $5 a month and setting up and managing your masternode for you.
Activity: 625
Merit: 125
October 04, 2017, 05:32:22 AM
Congrats to the team for the progress & update, I am super stoked about Helium and Heliumpay.

For those among us running a headless Linux VPS, how would we create a masternode? Do we keep the coins on the VPS or do we keep them on a GUI wallet at home and run the demon on the VPS? If someone has a bit more information on how to run a mn, I would greatly appreciate it - also if there's a running version on testnet so I could practice.

Helium will be a Dash fork, it will work the same way as most of the Dash form coins, such as Arc, ChainCoin, Das and so on... You can find a good example on the Chaincoin website or in the ArcticCoin site as well. Basically the same looking wallet with the same options.
I am running a few DAS, a few ARC and a few ChaniCoin nodes to participle... All of the the same. The coins in my local Windows wallet and the nodes are running on the Linux VPS's with 0 balance.

I have not tried any VPS. Would https://www.vultr.com/ be a good vps to use?
October 04, 2017, 05:28:35 AM

Activity: 307
0xb58D6E68944e195420843fA98c4A3481a5914282
October 04, 2017, 05:22:32 AM

October 04, 2017, 05:01:56 AM

Yes, it is.
October 04, 2017, 05:00:28 AM
Activity: 1022
Merit: 504
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
October 04, 2017, 12:46:15 AM
So two months of postponement and finally on October 10,2017 , Helium Pay will be born out of SPR snapshot. So many things happen if exchanges will honor the redemption but in the end SPR should be stored in local wallet to be able to have HLM.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
October 03, 2017, 11:47:37 PM
SPR price is pumping now . 20x volume in past 24 hrs.

I can't think about spr price when we got helium airdrop. I thought it will back around 20-30k satoshi
Pages:
Jump to: