Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][I0C] Resurrection, memory problems and instabilitiy fixed! - page 7. (Read 22807 times)

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
That is silly, it was never dead, it is just that a lot of miners have been too lazy to run their own merged mining setups so have been missing out on most of the merged mined coins.

If you chose not to throw RAM at it that is your choice, don't go all dog in the manger / sour grapes now just because others were willing to spend resources to keep on mining.

Sounds like you probably also are not mining GRouPcoin, CoiLedCoin, and GeistGeld, too?

GeistGeld in particular is in the same boat that I0Coin was: they both exposed a resource cost of merged mining that all merged mined coins will eventually face. It has now been fixed in I0Coin and hopefully the fix will soon be applied to GeistGeld too, then hopefully also eventually to all the merged mined coins before they start to suffer as much as I0Coin and GeistGeld did.

Those who have thrown resources at keeping those coins alive have done all merged mined coins a service by continuing to keep at least some small amount of awareness on the memory problems all such coins are going to have to eventually deal with.

-MarkM-
Activity: 476
Merit: 253
just a notice:

i0coin was originally launched 2011!
That means 25%  of all coins alre already mined.
As for dead mergemined chain, it means mined for free @ zero diff.

It's a i25coin  now, not i0coin, if chain is not restarted.

thats so wrong, this is just a fix for the stupidity of the original i0coin, this is not a different coin, just a fixed sourcebase!

2 possibilities:

1. (actual) "this is not a different coin, just a fixed sourcebase!"

- the SAME genesis block, 2 years of freemining 25% 66% of the coins, no cost, zero diff.

2 (theoretical) new genesis block

- fair start

That is not wrong. That is why long dead coins CANNOT be resurrected.
..unless someone tries to cheat some people into believing it is, just to dump the freemined worthless coins.

Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Nice work Rik. Out of curiosity I started the dusty old I0coin windows gui yesterday for the first time this year. This was on a windows 8 x64 vm and I was surprised to see it find a single connection and begin downloading the chain. It eventually crashed of course, but it took 20mins or so and updated thousands of transactions during that time. Possible you can work backwards from the old windows gui to expedite the update process?

Cheers.

Thanks!

Well, the linux GUI seems to work. I have replaced most instances of Bitcoin with I0coin. Windows compilation can probably be done by everyone who can compile Bitcoin v0.8.3. Windows GUI binaries will probably be here before the weekend.

Side node: your old node found other nodes through IRC (there are some old nodes active on the network; I keep it running to be able to spot possible incompatibility issues (none expected and none seen so far)).
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Where do I download the client?
I've compiled a windows binary. It can be found in the 'updates' section of the announcement. Please test it. (note, it has no gui, it's just a system service, to communicate with it you run (in another terminal) "i0coind.exe getinfo", for example, or "i0coind.exe help" to see all commands) In "Application Data" there will be a directory called I0coin, in this directory you will find the file debug.log. See inside to know what i0coind.exe is doing.

Greetings,

Rik.

I've tried those commands but i get an error "'i0coind.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file."
How do I fix that?
How to find out my wallet address?
thanks
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Hi All,

Thanks for all the positive reactions.

I am working on the GUI. Compilation in GNU/Linux is fixed (update availabe in git repository) and I replaced some bitcoin logo's by i0coin logos.

Next step is to setup a VM with windows to provide GUI binaries. Don't hold your breath...

Greetings,

Rik.

Nice work Rik. Out of curiosity I started the dusty old I0coin windows gui yesterday for the first time this year. This was on a windows 8 x64 vm and I was surprised to see it find a single connection and begin downloading the chain. It eventually crashed of course, but it took 20mins or so and updated thousands of transactions during that time. Possible you can work backwards from the old windows gui to expedite the update process?

Cheers.
Activity: 73
"i0coind help "

thanks! Stupid me... Tongue
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
+1, i loved this con.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
This seems really cool.

I am used to DOS, so using the command prompt is no problem for me. But I really would like to have kind of a manual with the meaning of all the commands. OK, they are kind of "self explanatory", got it. But all the trial and error costs many hours / maybe days. Thanks a lot anyways! Smiley
i0coind help
Activity: 73
This seems really cool.

I am used to DOS, so using the command prompt is no problem for me. But I really would like to have kind of a manual with the meaning of all the commands. OK, they are kind of "self explanatory", got it. But all the trial and error costs many hours / maybe days. Thanks a lot anyways! Smiley
Hi All,

Thanks for all the positive reactions.

I am working on the GUI. Compilation in GNU/Linux is fixed (update availabe in git repository) and I replaced some bitcoin logo's by i0coin logos.

Next step is to setup a VM with windows to provide GUI binaries. Don't hold your breath...

Greetings,

Rik.
legendary
/dev/null
just a notice:

That means 25% of all coins alre already mined.

It's a i25coin now, not i0coin, if chain is not restarted.

thats so wrong, this is just a fix for the stupidity of the original i0coin, this is not a different coin, just a fixed sourcebase!
Activity: 476
Merit: 253
just a notice:

That means 25% 66% of all coins alre already mined.

It's a i25coin i66Coin now, not i0coin, if chain is not restarted.

legendary
/dev/null
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
It would be really nice to have a GUI...
I will look into it.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
It would be really nice to have a GUI...
I've compiled a windows binary. It can be found in the 'updates' section of the announcement. Please test it. (note, it has no gui, it's just a system service, to communicate with it you run (in another terminal) "i0coind.exe getinfo", for example, or "i0coind.exe help" to see all commands) In "Application Data" there will be a directory called I0coin, in this directory you will find the file debug.log. See inside to know what i0coind.exe is doing.

Greetings,

Rik.
legendary
Activity: 1208
Merit: 1003
Pages:
Jump to: