Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ICO] Etheraffle - World's First Truly Decentralized Charitable Lottery! - page 3. (Read 941 times)

copper member
Activity: 80
Merit: 0
Join the Etheraffle ICO Today!
I read all your white paper, it looks good and you might spend a lot of time to write it

Hi sarabic23!

Thanks for looking it over - there was a lot of information to cover so it took a long time to write!
Activity: 18
I read all your white paper, it looks good and you might spend a lot of time to write it
copper member
what are the advantages investors get for supporting your project, as I see there are many similar projects and the competition in the ICO market is high?

Hi antiqklasik !

Good question - we feel that the advantages are many! There are the ETH dividends of course, plus the fact that you'd be part of something that does some good for charity! Then there's also the fact that you'd also end up owning Etheraffle and so have a say on it's future!

With respect to there being similar projects - you're right of course but we feel we are far better for the following reasons:

So whilst you're right that there is a lot of competition in the ICO space, we feel we are offering something unique that can stand out from the crowd! Come and take part at the Etheraffle ICO and you won't regret it!
Activity: 168
what are the advantages investors get for supporting your project, as I see there are many similar projects and the competition in the ICO market is high?
copper member
do you have a roadmap?

Hi davidcrumble2

We do! You can see it at the bottom of the ICO section here, or a more detailed breakdown in the whitepaper. If you have any more specific questions, ask away!

Activity: 156
After i am read this information, i become know,this project simple but very easy for undertand how to a prooft stake crytocurency. i think this good. thank you.
Activity: 54
copper member
Incredible news! Etheraffle has its first winner . . . !

The article linked tells you who won, how it happened and why it's important!
copper member
Hello Sjyi

Oops! We forgot to refresh the ICO Dapp when you unlock your MetaMask account! We've fixed it now Smiley

Glad you sorted your other problem out too, I'm guessing it was that you had to "watch" for the token in MetaMask? So even though you have sorted it, we'll post this image here in case other people need help:

Also, thank you for your help in answering other questions in this thread!
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
Well, I just sent a small amount of ether from metamask.  I didn't get the LOT token.  I thought I was supposed to receive the tokens instantly.

Would you please take a look?

Here is the transaction.
https://etherscan.io/tx/0x00e92ddd9cb5df8784a874ef2e78c2b3ab3f1cb6de3770bc702be1148f6b3d88

I found the solution in the FAQ section of the ICO page.
https://etheraffle.com/ico

I see the tokens.
The project has a solid fundamentals and if properly implemented, this will be successful.

Yes, I agree that this project has a solid business fundamentals.  Unlike most new coins/tokens, this project is already implemented.  You can already participate in weekly drawings.  As the user base grows, the platform will become easier to use and make some lucky people rich while helping others in the world.
Can you please explain how your exchnage will be different from the competitors?

This is not an exchange.  This is a raffle/lottery platform that is decentralized with the all its operations transparent on the blockchain.  It also supports altruistic agenda through EthRelief.  LOT token holders get to vote on charities.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
The project has a solid fundamentals and if properly implemented, this will be successful.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
Can you please explain how your exchnage will be different from the competitors?
Well, I just sent a small amount of ether from metamask.  I didn't get the LOT token.  I thought I was supposed to receive the tokens instantly.

Would you please take a look?

Here is the transaction.
https://etherscan.io/tx/0x00e92ddd9cb5df8784a874ef2e78c2b3ab3f1cb6de3770bc702be1148f6b3d88
Hi.

I tried to buy LOT tokens from your web site etheraffle.com/ico.  When I clicked the [Purchase Tokens!] button, I get "Ethereum account locked! Please unlock your account to interact with this ÐApp."

Metamask was unlocked.

...We agree and will add an explanation to the "Ticket Purchase In Progress..." pop up to make it clearer

Excellent. 

The ticket price was deducted from my wallet. 

Looking at the contract & you account, you can see that the price for this failed transaction was not taken from your account.

The transaction still exists and still shows up in your wallet as an outgoing one, but because it failed (and hence the red exclamation mark !), the ETH was never moved, so don't worry! You did however lose just under $0.01 in gas fees.

This is exactly why decentralized raffle system is so transparent and no one needs to guess what happened.  All details are on the blockchain. 

So because of that, and because of a) Your good feedback and b) Your patience, we sent you 0.003ETH to cover your ticket price!

Thank you for your generosity!

Oh, and announcement we made on twitter re an upcoming promo is nearly ready, and you'll be glad you've bought a ticket . . . Wink

Looking forward...
copper member
 Hi Syji!

We're sorry to hear you were having some issues!

I don't know why, but the "Ticket Purchase In Progress ..." dialog has been up for last 6 minutes.  I think it should be much quicker than that.  

As you later discovered, the "Ticket Purchase In Progress..." screen appears when your Ethereum Wallet/browser takes over, and it's waiting for you to confirm the transaction in your wallet/browser. So it takes as long as you take to hit submit! Smiley

Approving the transaction should be included in your instruction to make sure that everyone's ticket purchase completes smoothly.

We agree and will add an explanation to the "Ticket Purchase In Progress..." pop up to make it clearer - thank you for the feedback!

But the ticket for yesterday didn't go through.  It had an  error.

Looking at the contract we can see your transaction that errored, and the successful one a few minutes later - and we have figured out what happened!

It seems it was an unlucky coincidence! At around the time you made your first transaction yesterday, the ticket price was raised to reflect the now lower price of Ethereum in dollars. And during the time you were making your entry (those six minutes you mentioned above!) was when the ticket price went up. So your transaction was for only 0.002ETH and the ticket price had become 0.003ETH meaning the transaction was reverted!

Looking at the contract & you account, you can see that the price for this failed transaction was not taken from your account.

The transaction still exists and still shows up in your wallet as an outgoing one, but because it failed (and hence the red exclamation mark !), the ETH was never moved, so don't worry! You did however lose just under $0.01 in gas fees. So because of that, and because of a) Your good feedback and b) Your patience, we sent you 0.003ETH to cover your ticket price!

Thank you for playing Etheraffle and buying tickets - good luck!

Oh, and announcement we made on twitter re an upcoming promo is nearly ready, and you'll be glad you've bought a ticket . . . Wink
I bought another raffle ticket today.

That went through w/o any problems.

I  realized that I had to approve the transaction from the metamask.
Once I did that the purchase went through quickly and smoothly.

TxHash:0x20f434bd6638e76e73927315bc5a0c82b2a32c060ff4f60254f221925494397c TxReceipt Status:SuccessBlock Height:5370961 (15 block confirmations)TimeStamp:2 mins ago (Apr-03-2018 04:10:07 AM +UTC)From:0xc8c6618e0ffdb0fedb49385a3dc26845a2179865To:Contract 0x4251139bf01d46884c95b27666c9e317df68b876 

But the ticket for yesterday didn't go through.  It had an  error.

TxHash:0xeab3e6ec78943f36828b0c4f8dcc4fde9fb369073ef7a3ea49bccb27ec29c4e1

TxReceipt Status:Fail

Block Height:5370939 (46 block confirmations)TimeStamp:10 mins ago (Apr-03-2018 04:05:58 AM +UTC)From:0xc8c6618e0ffdb0fedb49385a3dc26845a2179865To:Contract 0x4251139bf01d46884c95b27666c9e317df68b876 
 Warning! Error encountered during contract execution [Reverted] Value: 0.002 Ether ($0.79) - [CANCELLED]   Gas Limit: 280000 Gas Used By Txn: 23654 Gas Price: 0.000000001 Ether (1 Gwei) Actual Tx Cost/Fee: 0.000023654 Ether ($0.009382) Nonce: 0

Approving the transaction should be included in your instruction to make sure that everyone's ticket purchase completes smoothly.
Hi sjyi!

Here is the entire process for playing Etheraffle with the Brave browser - excellent choice of browser by the way! (You mentioned that you have MetaMask set up already so excuse the first couple of images!)

Hopefully that clears things up! Let me know if you have any more issues!

That was a very detailed instruction.  Thank you.

I sent over some ether.
https://etherscan.io/address/0xc8c6618e0fFdb0feDb49385A3dC26845A2179865

And bought a ticket for the Saturday drawing.

I don't know why, but the "Ticket Purchase In Progress ..." dialog has been up for last 6 minutes.  I think it should be much quicker than that. 
Pages:
Jump to: