Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ICO] LakeBanker | Free Banking for the World - page 10. (Read 14246 times)

Activity: 903
Merit: 1000
LakeBTC.com
interesting concept! could I join the feast from Japan?

Yes.

I like your business idea but I don't understand how your BAC token works. What makes BAC a good investment for me?

BAC tokens function as a de facto currency in the LakeBanker system. All fees and interest are denominated in BAC. The token is well-integrated into our Crowd-Banking business model. Here is an example:

Payments in the system will be free for most users most of the time. However, say the monthly quota for payments is $100,000 and you want to transfer $150,000 today. The fee determined by the market may be 300 BAC. The user would need to buy that 300 BAC from the market. If they do not want to purchase BAC, they can become a LakeBanker and serve others to earn it instead. So BAC can both be spent and earned within the LakeBanker system. In this way we have true Crowd-Banking.

We expect our free banking options (especially user-to-user and user-to-merchant payments) to attract many many users. BAC will eventually circulate amongst millions of people. Correspondingly, the demand for BAC will be very strong. We expect its long term price to reflect this.
LakeBTC.com
Phase 1. of our Token Sale is open now.

Contributions received before September 15, 2017, 3pm UTC get the first hour price of 1ETH = 1300 BAC.

After that, the auction format kicks in. Please see LakeBanker.com.

That doesn't show auction format it just shows that u gave almost a 20% bonus for getting in the first hour.
To me personally that's a huge nono and while I was thinking about investing now I'm going to pass.

I think there's a misunderstanding here. Here's how Phase 1 works.

The first hour price of 1 ETH=1300 BAC is available now. Participants don't have to rush to buy their tokens in the first hour of the auction---they can get that price any time over the next 29 days.

If we oversell during that time we will allocate tokens pro rata---we chose this so that everyone that wants to get BAC tokens at the lowest price will be able to. This is the fairest option.

After September 15, 2017, 3pm UTC tokens will be allocated first come first served based on the prices listed on the website.

legendary
Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

Contributions received before September 15, 2017, 3pm UTC get the first hour price of 1ETH = 1300 BAC.

That doesn't show auction format it just shows that u gave almost a 20% bonus for getting in the first hour.
To me personally that's a huge nono and while I was thinking about investing now I'm going to pass.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
interesting concept! could I join the feast from Japan?

Yes.

I like your business idea but I don't understand how your BAC token works. What makes BAC a good investment for me?
LakeBTC.com
Our advisory board comprises an international team of experts in finance, cryptocurrencies and Blockchain technology.

LakeBTC.com
I read your white paper but I don't understand how LakeBanker does better credit risk management...

it was not long before, every bitcoin startups all said that they have a risk management system which level same as the bank, but you see, how vulnerable is the system which they proud of in the presence of professional hackers

Your first question is about credit risk. In a typical bank just one or two checks are done before issuing loans to customers (for example, checks on income, expenditure, purpose of borrowing etc.)

LakeBanker's "Crowd-Banking" model is different: When one user requests credit from the system, other users with appropriate training can be hailed by the app and given the option to earn fees by providing the relevant KYC verifications and due diligence information. The low overheads here mean that LakeBanker can do much more due diligence than any regular bank, including continuous checking throughout the loan. They also do it better: LakeBankers will tend to be local and know their communities well.

Your second question is about security risks. LakeBanker is a spinoff of LakeBTC.com. They are perhaps the only cryptocurrency platform without stolen coins, security scandals or flash crashes. LakeBanker inherits this expertise in security. We know how to handle people's money.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 527
I read your white paper but I don't understand how LakeBanker does better credit risk management...

it was not long before, every bitcoin startups all said that they have a risk management system which level same as the bank, but you see, how vulnerable is the system which they proud of in the presence of professional hackers
LakeBTC.com
What proportion of tokens should be allocated to the team in a good ICO? Our CSO wrote a short article about this comparing some recent high-profile projects. Check it out on medium:

https://medium.com/@andrew.mccarthy/ico-distribution-models-team-tokens-a866641e579

Comments welcome...
LakeBTC.com
TOKEN SALE: PHASE 1. UPDATE.

Phase 1. is open now. Contributions made before September 15, 2017, 3pm UTC will get the 1st hour price.

Demand appears to be strong, so we have decided that if we are over sold before that time BAC tokens will be allocated to ALL PARTICIPANTS on a pro rata basis. We do this in the interests of fairness.

After September 15, 2017, 3pm UTC the auction format kicks in and tokens will be distributed on a first come first served basis.

For full details please see https://lakebanker.com/#token_sale
LakeBTC.com
Banking through blockchain is not understandable to me. People who know about blockchain are minuscule, how they will know banking on blockchain

Most of our transactions will be off chain. Users will access our banking services through an EASY TO USE mobile app. They do not need to have any knowledge about Blockchain to do this. We talk a little bit about out relationship with Blockchain/cryptos in section 6 of our White Paper. But basically the idea is this:

We offer certain core banking services for free---in particular, payments are free in the LakeBanker system (we can do this because of the massively reduced overheads and better risk management that our Crowd-Banking model gives us). We expect this to attract millions of users. Since we are blockchain enthusiasts, we will OFFER cryptos to all these users. But we don't FORCE cryptos/blockchain on anyone. For those that want to try investing in cryptos, we will make it easy by hiding all the complexity. We also inherit the excellence in security in handling crypto assets that LakeBTC has been developing since 2013.

Hope this helps address your concern. If not, let me know and I'll try again.
Activity: 330
Merit: 101
Banking through blockchain is not understandable to me. People who know about blockchain are minuscule, how they will know banking on blockchain
LakeBTC.com
And still looking for more quotes for a Chinese translation of the White Paper. Please message us if you are interested. Thanks.
LakeBTC.com
Still looking for quotes for a Japanese translation. Please message us if you are interested (or if you know anyone that might be). Thanks.
LakeBTC.com
have been read the thite paper, can not tell what it feels like temporarily, but just think it is unrestrained and formalized. or may be I need to understand it more.

Please post any questions you have about our project or the white paper here (or join our telegram/slack and ask there). We will be happy to answer any questions.
LakeBTC.com

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
LakeBanker's interview with Bitcoin Chaser:

Bitcoin Chaser: "What kind of problem, market deficiency or opportunity inspired you to launch your project, and how will your project address this?"

LakeBanker: "There are two major problems we are trying to address: 1) The traditional banking sector needs to change. 2) Access to crypto currencies and other digital assets."

To read more: http://bitcoinchaser.com/ico-hub/lake-banker

LakeBTC.com
Here's an article comparing LakeBanker to Everex in Bitsonline.com:

https://bitsonline.com/p2p-banking-lower-costs-underserved/

What do you guys think about the comparison?
Saw it.
and how much tokens did articles like this deserves bouns? the bounty program just roughly said 50-1000.

Please contact us at [email protected] if you have any interest in writing about us.
LakeBTC.com
Do you need a translation of Hindi which is the official language in India? and India is the second largest market after china.

I'm afraid we're not looking for that translation right now. I will let you know if things change.

Thanks for your interest in the project.
LakeBTC.com
wow, just received the notification, it sonds interesting, and I'm reading the whitepaper now. I will get it a review when I worked it out  Cheesy

Great. We welcome feedback from the community on our white paper.

In Phase one we are offering a small number of tokens at a significant discount. We're hoping that early participants will take advantage of that and help us drive this project forwards.

Thanks!

Just to reiterate. Tokens for Phase one are on sale now. Just 2% of the total tokens are being sold at the heavily discounted rate. We're doing this to encourage participation and feedback from the community.
LakeBTC.com
Pages:
Jump to: