Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][IXI] ⚡ Ixian Mainnet ⚡ | DLT, secure streaming platform and chat messenger - page 7. (Read 422243 times)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
So I am now running both nodes, and later in mainnet, from what I understood, I can mine Ixi coins? What is the difference between the nodes, do I get ixis from running both nodes? Im not sure I understand the combination of mining and staking in this case. Tnx!
copper member
Activity: 95
Merit: 1
wow 2,000,000,000 Ixi tokens? I think it is very large amount of token supply. I don't see about how much the price for 1 token. Can you tell me about the price to be?

We're actually worried it won't be enough. 2 billion Ixi coins (not tokens!) is just the pre-mine. With PoW and PoS we expect to have over 50 billion Ixi coins in circulation in 5 years. Reasoning behind it is mostly that we expect Ixis to be heavily used for micro-transactions (paying per transferred kilobyte of data). If you consider a million people streaming a video in Full HD at the same time, they'll be transferring a whopping 5120 Gbps if you factor this in with our estimated initial price of 0.0002 Ixi per kB of relayed data, you'll notice that just for that we would need about 640 million Ixis per second to be transacted.

Ixi coin is intended to actually be used and not HODL, as such the supply must be big enough to cater to all of Ixians needs.

Note that the 2 billion pre-mine will be used in the following way:
- 1 billion Ixis reserved as a team reward and will be released to the team gradually
- 1 billion Ixis will be used for partners (~50%), bounty rewards (~10%), sold off on an exchange (~10%), reserves (~30%)

Actual initial price of 1 Ixi in USD will be determined by the free market. We estimate it at around 0.003 USD per 1 Ixi.
copper member
Hi, I have setup some nodes on my machine. I see that I need 2k ixis in the wallet to participate, but i dont understand how to get it? I created an account already.

Thank you for helping us with tests.
To get the necessary 2000 IXIs, you have to create an account on https://www.ixian.io first, then register your Ixian address in "My Testnet Addresses" section of your dashboard.
Your Ixian address is displayed when starting Ixian DLT.
You can also view your Ixian address using the localhost:8081 web UI when the DLT is running.
Detailed instructions can be found here: https://www.ixian.io/?page=post&title=Ixian+DLT+Setup+Guide

Tnx for clearing it out Smiley i wasnt sure if i did everything correctly

So for test to be successful, i need to try client also or just these nodes?

Thank you for participating in our Testnet minexhudex. Running the nodes is sufficient at the time, and Spixi client will be available soon. We will post all developments and updates in this thread and on our website, stay tuned Smiley
copper member
You write that you are going to build a new Internet. Will it be built on the basis of the already available Internet or will it work autonomously?
maybe to build a new internet, you need a lot of things, for example careful planning, system experts, and a large community, that sounds very ambitious, but if you will make the internet easier to use with existing basic systems, it's not impossible, and it sounds more fun, I am very interested in knowing your team more, and hopefully the team can be relied on well to achieve all the missions that have been planned

The internet as a transport layer and the infrastructure itself works just fine, so in our opinion we don't need to build a "new" internet. Main issue with the internet today is getting the data from one user to the other user securely without the need for centralized (trusted) systems and costs connected to them. Ixian aims to overcome these problems using a custom made blockchain-like technology that runs on top of the existing internet infrastructure.

Ixian DLT network handles transactions and manages Ixi coins in a similar way that other crypto currencies do. It also maintains a presence list of other nodes, which can be Ixian DLT nodes, Ixian S2 nodes or end-user clients (i.e. Spixi).
Ixian S2 network while using the DLT network, handles secure end to end data transfer between users.

With these 2 platforms operating side by side anyone now has the ability to build a range of secure applications that previously required large amounts of centralized servers and bandwidth (and in turn large investments in infrastructure) to handle large amounts of users.
Imagine streaming a video securely in Full HD to a user. You would require about 5 Mbps of upload bandwidth at home to do this. Not a big deal right? Now imagine if you wanted to stream this same video to 1000 users at the same time. You would require 5Gbps of upload bandwidth and servers that can handle the load. Ixian technology will allow other nodes connected to the network to "re-stream" your video to users (on-demand scaling), giving any content the ability to scale with users for all practical purposes infinitely.

So it would be correct to say that we are evolving the way everybody is using the internet, while at the same time making the entire experience more secure. We are hoping that as Ixian technology evolves and adoption grows, it will be easier to replace some centralized systems, which are quite wasteful in terms of energy and resources.

You can find more information on https://www.ixian.io
Activity: 56
wow 2,000,000,000 Ixi tokens? I think it is very large amount of token supply. I don't see about how much the price for 1 token. Can you tell me about the price to be?
Activity: 154
maybe to build a new internet, you need a lot of things, for example careful planning, system experts, and a large community, that sounds very ambitious, but if you will make the internet easier to use with existing basic systems, it's not impossible, and it sounds more fun, I am very interested in knowing your team more, and hopefully the team can be relied on well to achieve all the missions that have been planned
Hi, I have setup some nodes on my machine. I see that I need 2k ixis in the wallet to participate, but i dont understand how to get it? I created an account already.

To get the necessary 2000 IXIs, you have to create an account on https://www.ixian.io first, then register your Ixian address in "My Testnet Addresses" section of your dashboard.
You can also view your Ixian address using the localhost:8081 web UI when the DLT is running.
Detailed instructions can be found here: https://www.ixian.io/?page=post&title=Ixian+DLT+Setup+Guide

Tnx for clearing it out Smiley i wasnt sure if i did everything correctly

So for test to be successful, i need to try client also or just these nodes?
Activity: 378
Merit: 107
You write that you are going to build a new Internet. Will it be built on the basis of the already available Internet or will it work autonomously?
copper member

copper member
so far I understand Ixian will make blockchain network better than now, I am interested to read whitepaper and know the features used, I am sure this is one of the best network network ever

You can find the links to our documentation (whitepaper and overview) and our website in the OP. You are welcome to join our Discord for a chat Smiley
Activity: 238
so far I understand Ixian will make blockchain network better than now, I am interested to read whitepaper and know the features used, I am sure this is one of the best network network ever
copper member
need nore info

We kindly ask you to be more specific, so we can provide you with a detailed answer. We are more that happy to provide you with any information you need.
Activity: 86
copper member
it's all very interesting, but no longer surprises. Are past communications secure if your keys are stolen?

In case of stolen keys, the security of past communication would be compromised.
We are however working on this issue, and we hope that we find an adequate solution as soon as possible.
copper member
Your project looks pretty good, guys. I think your OP could've used more pictures, you know? Adding pictures makes reading more fun, also gives graphic representation to the data provided. It's a great move all around  )

Thank you! Regarding the lack of pictures in the OP, unfortunately posting images on this forum is allowed for users who reach Jr. Member rank (activity 30+ posts).  We will edit the OP as soon as we are able to. Stay tuned  Smiley

I would like to know, but technically on which coin is your like? What exchanges are you going to be listed on? What is the speed and cost of transactions?

The DLT is built from scratch, which means Ixi is technicaly a new currency, with its own set of properties. It is not based nor does it depend on any other blockchain.

Ixi coin does not fall under securities, and should be in compliance with all relevant regulations in the field. In that sense we are confident that Ixi will eventualy be listed on most major exchanges. It is however difficult to predict which exchanges might that be exactly and when, mainly due to the dynamic nature of the market at these times.

The speed and cost of transaction is yet to be determined during testnet phase. Speed of transactions will depend on the bandwith of the network, eg.: the higher the bandwith of the network, the higher the speed of transactions.
Activity: 51
it's all very interesting, but no longer surprises. Are past communications secure if your keys are stolen?
Activity: 560
Merit: 128
I would like to know, but technically on which coin is your like? What exchanges are you going to be listed on? What is the speed and cost of transactions?
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
Longing to see the next fase, with all expectations and promises. Sucess to you all.
Activity: 4
This coin has been listed on https://newborncryptocoin.com !

Available features:

New coins, upcoming coins and scam coins lists tables ! (With every info you need about each coin).
Daily newsletter with new coins being sent directly to your email !
Pages:
Jump to: