Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 824. (Read 1191989 times)

Activity: 457
Merit: 250
Bancor
Excuse me ignorance,
What are the main points for chosing Komodo over Zcash.
Is it just the Dpow feature?
thanks
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
Now we got the links to the wallet downloads, and a step-by-step guide about sending your BTCD from an exchange to your local wallet.

I am wondering why it is relevant to update or download the BitcoinDark wallet when it obsolete soon when Komodo comes out? Or will BitcoinDark be further developed along with Komodo?  Huh
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134

We have updated the bitcoindark.com website!

Now we got the links to the wallet downloads, and a step-by-step guide about sending your BTCD from an exchange to your local wallet.
I cant guarantee the exact timing of the REVS mainchain, but as I complete the dPoW debugging one of the test points is a third party chain using dPoW.

REVS will be the reference dPoW client chain and so it will allow others to easily create dPoW secured chains just by forking the assetchains repo and creating a new coin via command line. Of course the changes made to the assetchains code to support dPoW can also be implemented into any other blockchain.

The way REVS will be distributed is to an end of bundle BTCD snapshot right after the end of ICO. All BTCD addresses with a balance will receive a corresponding amount of REVS. You just need to importprivkey and you will have access to the REVS.

After REVS is distributed, then one of the first things will be getting easyDEX support for it, so you will be able to directly trade it for all the iguana supported currencies.

However, please keep in mind that KMD dPoW is always the highest priority, so getting that deployed will happen first. In parallel, there are GUI developments happening and I am not speaking about any of those as I am deep in the core. There could well be some GUI releases also, but you would have to ask others about the timing of installers, GUI, etc.

Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free

We have updated the bitcoindark.com website!

Set Your Ideas Free
so eventually this is just a revamp of BTCD ?
changed code to fit more with Zcoin ... redesign and boom ?
is that it ?

We want to use the best privacy technology, and without a doubt Zcash is it. However we don't offer just a Zcash fork, but we have developed the dPoW consensus too. Komodo will play a role in the SuperNET/Iguana tech, so those services alone will create some demand for it. There is a big roadmap ahead, and dPoW is needed for it. For example, jl777 just gave an update about the asset chains which require dPoW to secure them.

What I'm trying to say is that Komodo is not some half random fork that we came up with, but rather a very needed piece in the overall roadmap. Furthermore, it goes hand-in-hand with SuperNET's philosophy of helping the overall crypto ecosystem. Iguana, dPoW, atomic swaps, and asset passports all help the overall industry (not just SuperNET or Komodo)
Activity: 980
Merit: 502
Waiting for the Price BTCD to go little bit down to buy some
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
This next Amazing ICO , Lets participate for Komodo ICO ,
big bonnus waiting  Cool
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
waiting for the ico. i will definitely join
Activity: 1148
Merit: 512
what about the zcash ? it's worth investing from now?
legendary
I am recovering from  a cold, so not up to the usual 16hrs per day of deep coding. But no sense to waste time, so I figured I might as well close the loop on assetchains.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/declaration-of-independence-atomic-cross-chain-asset-standard-1372879
The above talks about the asset passport system, which in some sense was the mother of dPoW! The necessity of being able to secure many weak chains is what got me on the path to dPoW.

I have selected the Bitcoin Unlimited implementation to base the assetchains on. A couple reasons are that the MVF (minimum viable fork) btcfork project that I helped out is basing itself on that. Also instead of being insulted, I get invited to the BU slack so I can get support in making a dPoW compatible chain.

Now before you all start thinking that this will take a long amount of time, I already finished the coding for the dPoW independent portion: https://github.com/jl777/assetchains

As I debug the dPoW, I will have a test third party chain to verify that dPoW is able to be used by other chains easily. And since we need to make a BTCD revshare assetchain, this solves multiple issues all at the same time. I call the reference assetchain: REVS (short for revshare)

The changes I made:
1 minute block time, 1.5 day retarget
block 1 issuing of all coins (assets)
disable block reward, txfees goes to crypto777 account
on-demand blocks (no need to generate PoW depth when dPoW provides security)
command line spawning of new coins

The dPoW integration is not yet, but I believe this is the first implementation of a bitcoind fork that allows for command line spawning of new coins. iguana was the first to do this earlier this year and it is quite a handy feature.

ASSETCHAINS_PORT = GetArg("-ac_port",ASSETCHAINS_PORT);
    ASSETCHAINS_MAGIC = GetArg("-ac_magic",ASSETCHAINS_MAGIC);
    ASSETCHAINS_TIMESTAMP = GetArg("-ac_timestamp",ASSETCHAINS_TIMESTAMP);
    ASSETCHAINS_SUPPLY = GetArg("-ac_supply",ASSETCHAINS_SUPPLY);
    name = GetArg("-ac_name","name");

When the assetchaind is launched by adding the various -ac parameters, it will deterministically generate the nonce for a valid genesis block, and the genesis block and go into an idle mode waiting for transaction to arrive in the mempool. This eliminates all the blockchain space that has empty blocks.

I will have to add a special case to ignore the dPoW notarization special tx, otherwise it will keep generating blocks for each confirming notarization tx. Clearly some dPoW specific issues left to do, but then again since dPoW is not finished yet, that kind of makes sense.

Some might say it is dangerous to release something that allows anybody to create a new coin just with new command line parameters. I say that we will end up with thousands upon thousands of blockchains, this is unstoppable, so they might as well be dPoW blockchains.

To run an assetchain, just clone https://github.com/jl777/assetchains
cd assetchains
./autogen.sh
./configure
make

from src:
./assetchaind -gen

the above launches the default assetchain, which is for REVS. To launch a different chain:

./assetchaind -gen -ac_port=pppp -ac_magic=mmmmmmmm -ac_timestamp= -ac_supply= -ac_name="name"

pppp is the p2p port, the rpc port will default to one above
mmmmmmmm is netmagic, just some large random number
is standard unix timestamp
is the total coins/assets issued
"name" is case sensitive and ~/.name will be where the coin files will end up

I tested most functions other than the on-demand blocks. let me know if you have any issues
Activity: 236
Merit: 100
so eventually this is just a revamp of BTCD ?
changed code to fit more with Zcoin ... redesign and boom ?
is that it ?
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
KMD-BTC price is expected drop not BTCD-BTC. If anyone is buying BTCD now for 0.0042 then converts into KMD and dreams to sell at 0.0053 then the price will drop.
Also, what you have recommended is not what others plan to do. And that's where problems arise.

Buying-wise, there are three ways to get KMD:
- Invest BTC during the ICO.
- Buy BTCD and swap it.
- Buy it after the ICO.

If one thinks that the price of KMD will be lower than its ICO price then it is better to wait. Otherwise, I don't see any reason for BTCD not to reach prices >= 0.00425 unless all the BTC investors invest on day 1. As long as the price of BTCD is less than its equivalent in BTC for the different phases of the ICO (counting bonuses), it seems preferable to buy BTCD and swap it later. This will make the BTCD price rise (at least for the duration of the ICO).

Good point but also realize there are only 1.2 million BTCD and most are being held. The price will stay below the threshold since there is only people looking to get out who are selling and now stuck at a valuation. These would be the only people selling. No one is going to buy BTCD for more and no one is really going to dump and sell for less when they could swap in to something new. So buying BTCD isn't a real option to get into KMD, once people buy in they can't sell for more than the ICO so they hold and don't sell either. Its just a swap pretty much here.

So that leaves the ICO or Buy it after... Why would people buy in to sell lower? It is pretty obvious the price will only go up. The only problem is if no one buys with BitCoin at the ICO then there are no funds to pay the nodes and the only KMD would be the BTCD which won't be sold to pay the nodes. I would expect all the buys at the 25% and that would be the extent of it. If anyone gets in later is is only because they didn't hear about the ICO and want in.

BTCD holders will retain the revenue share as well as the average % bonus of the BTC investors. It also gives the flexibility of being able to swap over the period of a year.
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
KMD-BTC price is expected drop not BTCD-BTC. If anyone is buying BTCD now for 0.0042 then converts into KMD and dreams to sell at 0.0053 then the price will drop.
Also, what you have recommended is not what others plan to do. And that's where problems arise.

Buying-wise, there are three ways to get KMD:
- Invest BTC during the ICO.
- Buy BTCD and swap it.
- Buy it after the ICO.

If one thinks that the price of KMD will be lower than its ICO price then it is better to wait. Otherwise, I don't see any reason for BTCD not to reach prices >= 0.00425 unless all the BTC investors invest on day 1. As long as the price of BTCD is less than its equivalent in BTC for the different phases of the ICO (counting bonuses), it seems preferable to buy BTCD and swap it later. This will make the BTCD price rise (at least for the duration of the ICO).

Good point but also realize there are only 1.2 million BTCD and most are being held. The price will stay below the threshold since there is only people looking to get out who are selling and now stuck at a valuation. These would be the only people selling. No one is going to buy BTCD for more and no one is really going to dump and sell for less when they could swap in to something new. So buying BTCD isn't a real option to get into KMD, once people buy in they can't sell for more than the ICO so they hold and don't sell either. Its just a swap pretty much here.

So that leaves the ICO or Buy it after... Why would people buy in to sell lower? It is pretty obvious the price will only go up. The only problem is if no one buys with BitCoin at the ICO then there are no funds to pay the nodes and the only KMD would be the BTCD which won't be sold to pay the nodes. I would expect all the buys at the 25% and that would be the extent of it. If anyone gets in later is is only because they didn't hear about the ICO and want in.
Set Your Ideas Free
A BTCD private key will be required to prove that you had BTCD during the snapshot.
serious question:
where can I download the newest BTCD wallet?
the one on MEGA is Version 1.0.0....
Is this really the latest version?
I can't find another source.

Sorry for the delays!

We will update the bitcoindark.com website soon. However, that walled linked in mega is the correct one.

Hi Komodo team!
Russian locale need a translation whitepapper. You can provide it in a text format so that we can translate the machine?
Although the option to transfer qualified translator into Russian would be better. We are very interested in your project, but there is a language barrier, help us solve this problem.
Thank you

Hello!

Here is a link to the text: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1trTzc3zb8wlqOwLlPOiwyhgJzis2aKHdg8m6_tynJB0/edit?usp=sharing

We are also thinking about translating the white paper into Russian and Chinese.

Thanks for your support!
Activity: 1092
Merit: 508
Hi Komodo team!
Russian locale need a translation whitepapper. You can provide it in a text format so that we can translate the machine?
Although the option to transfer qualified translator into Russian would be better. We are very interested in your project, but there is a language barrier, help us solve this problem.
Thank you
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
A BTCD private key will be required to prove that you had BTCD during the snapshot.
serious question:
Try this for windows!! Smiley

https://www.sendspace.com/file/od4y99

or

look here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/btcd-is-no-more-684090
legendary
I would like to run Notary node in South Asia Wink, I've almost an year of testing experience in SuperNET. Currently, Testing Notary Node these day as well.
great!

join #notarynode and get a testnet notary going
legendary
Activity: 942
Merit: 1026
serious question:
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
I would like to run Notary node in South Asia Wink, I've almost an year of testing experience in SuperNET. Currently, Testing Notary Node these day as well.
Jump to: