Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MCM] Mochimo | Quantum-Proof Cryptocurrency | Official Announcement [ANN] - page 6. (Read 18793 times)

Activity: 222
Merit: 100
Interesting, been reading the whitepaper and now looking forward to see the source to Trigg's PoW algorithm which is still missing, unfortunately.
copper member
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
I find this interesting, much better than the ICO's. Would definitively mine, if it wouldn't be for 1:1 BTC airdrop. Better do a faucet or something. If dev's decide to continue with 1:1 BTC airdrop, its a NO for me. Pre-mine its a little big, but not worried about that.

So I would suggest to DEV's to give it another thought about 1:1 BTC airdrop.

We are sorry that you feel this way however, for now, we are sticking to the BTC Airdrop.
copper member
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- OFFICIAL UPDATE ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Mochimo Testnet went live for the first time on Saturday 5/12 at 5 p.m. EST. The Testnet was live for for a few hours and was taken down overnight to make a few updates.
On Sunday 5/13 Testnet went live again and at 5 p.m. EST and the first block of Mochimo was mined shortly after by an individual outside of the Dev Team!! On block 50 we took the network down again to make additional adjustments and the Testnet we will be up again shortly.

For real-time updates, guidance on becoming a beta miner, open bounties, and other shenaniganz please join our slack channel.

Additionally, our re-branded website is live, please visit us at www.mochimo.org.

Dev Team
Activity: 702
Merit: 102
I am the Kung Fury...
Is it in testnet now ? Is it minable?
copper member
It is already 2 of May and still is not launched. When it will be launched ? The delays are not good start Smiley

Launch got pushed to June 30th. We are patenting significant parts of our technology which is taking longer than expected. For more details please join our slack channel.
Activity: 62
It is already 2 of May and still is not launched. When it will be launched ? The delays are not good start Smiley
Activity: 430
Merit: 22
Professional user
Will mine.. when does it start?
Activity: 1988
Merit: 275
Who's your escrow for that 1.11% premine? And if it's true that you are patenting something here. Then, I assume that everything is going to be sincere here.

whitepaper released yet?

Nope, currently going through a patenting process for part of the tech, hence the hold up.
legendary
Activity: 1044
Merit: 1050
@MRCASHKING
Had this bookmarked, keep checking on it. Will definitely mine if everything checks out on launch day. Goodluck.
Activity: 2
whitepaper released yet?

Nope, currently going through a patenting process for part of the tech, hence the hold up.
Activity: 155
Activity: 2
btw. Slack Channel Invite Link is dead and Website is in Godaddy Parking, Party already over?

Not at all, we took the website down as we are preparing for launch and fully re-doing it.

Here is the slack channel invite https://join.slack.com/t/mochimo/shared_invite/enQtMzA4NDc3NDU3MzY2LTUwOGExMmM1YWFmMzhiYzdmOWQ5MzcxYzE1MmM3YTA5ZGVlNzZjMGJkZTc1YjM3NGQ3MTVlNWMxYzhiYWQ4NDg

legendary
Activity: 1457
Merit: 1014
btw. Slack Channel Invite Link is dead and Website is in Godaddy Parking, Party already over?
legendary
Activity: 1457
Merit: 1014
Well.  Check out our reasoning, and tell us what you think:

I'll make it short. Your reasoning is broken. What you are planning to do is:
1) You are about to reward wealth, not work. That's the complete opposite of a Proof of Work system. All coins should go to the workers, i.e. devs (proving their work on github) and miners (proving their work with submitted hashes). None should go to anyone else, just because he/she is wealthy already. These people should buy the coins, since they do not contribute in any way. Wealth certainly entitles to even more wealth in the legacy financial system. Do we want this cancer also in the crypto space?
2) You are about to reward the people who support the least innovative blockchain, the antidotes of innovation in the past several years. Why (only) BTC? Why not ETH, BCH etc.? Or better yet nobody at all, see above.

I could not agree more, if you Reward all these just Holding Coins this will go Downhill fast.
Activity: 307
Merit: 101
Well.  Check out our reasoning, and tell us what you think:

I'll make it short. Your reasoning is broken. What you are planning to do is:
1) You are about to reward wealth, not work. That's the complete opposite of a Proof of Work system. All coins should go to the workers, i.e. devs (proving their work on github) and miners (proving their work with submitted hashes). None should go to anyone else, just because he/she is wealthy already. These people should buy the coins, since they do not contribute in any way. Wealth certainly entitles to even more wealth in the legacy financial system. Do we want this cancer also in the crypto space?
2) You are about to reward the people who support the least innovative blockchain, the antidotes of innovation in the past several years. Why (only) BTC? Why not ETH, BCH etc.? Or better yet nobody at all, see above.
Activity: 24
This project sounds really interesting. Hope to see more updates soon. Good luck! Cool
Activity: 42
Merit: 10
It all looks like a solid idea beside giving coins in 1:1 to btc users. It is contraproductive and it will dicourage miners to mine and owners to hold. 5% fee is fair for a project that was made ground up. But giving the free coins to BTC hodlers is shooting in your leg and the main reason why many will avoid this coin. I hope you change your mind about that before release.
Good luck!
Activity: 5
Interesting opinion. Out of curiosity how would you ensure only those in the third world got the coins through faucet's or similar ?
Activity: 73
Love the concept

Absolutely disagree and despise the BTC 1:1

I can see some sort of ratio - but not 1 to 1.

Prime example I like to point to - Raiblocks - they fauceted their coins in third world countries for a long time and people were getting a steal on them. Then it blew up over the course of a month. This is why you have such heavy resistance at $8. Even if $8 breaks down - the folks between $4 and $8 still wouldn't sell because they got it at pennies on the dollar. 

Putting the coin into hands of users who would gain the most by the value of the coin is key in achieving a rock solid foundation to prevent stressful market scenarios.

My suggestion - airdrops and faucets to third world countries where the income is much more needed. You won't find stronger support than those who look at you as a savior.

BTC crowd on the other hand will ditch you the moment they see BTC go either way which isn't fair to the rest of us - and yes, I understand there are 50mil coins to be mined, but they won't be mined over night to counter the 16mil going to the BTC crowd.

My advise essentially - carve your own path no matter how much it cuts into early profits. If there the market decides there is a need for you - you will get that support without the BTC crowd.
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Following this one and waiting to start mining.
See you in the Slack channel.
Pages:
Jump to: