Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MEOW][CRITICAL] Pool Operators, Please Upgrade your wallet client!! - page 2. (Read 6539 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
A little bit more time for pools would have been nice, why such a freaking rush, it's not like few days of warning would have changed things dramatically. My 200MH/s pool was stuck on the wrong fork for maybe 12 hours Sad I blame no one else than myself, but I might have been able to see the update if there would have been more time.

I do apologize for the short notice- we were pumping messages out for 5 days ahead of the release, pools should have been on notice but I still understand the window to upgrade was short. Luckily the majority of the network moved over very quickly.

What pool do you run? If it is a public pool we're trying to keep the list of updated pools current so post up your pool if its public. Thanks.
When I left the fork there was still 700MH/s on the forked network, so I definitely was not alone. It also wasn't that bad for us, I think the pool was only popular for 7 hours, and only last two hours we had more than 100MH/s on there. Unfortunate, but happens.

My pools is at https://meow.hash.so/ but it's currently down for maintenance Wink I need to nuke it up and start fresh, my miners will love me..
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.
A little bit more time for pools would have been nice, why such a freaking rush, it's not like few days of warning would have changed things dramatically. My 200MH/s pool was stuck on the wrong fork for maybe 12 hours Sad I blame no one else than myself, but I might have been able to see the update if there would have been more time.

I do apologize for the short notice- we were pumping messages out for 5 days ahead of the release, pools should have been on notice but I still understand the window to upgrade was short. Luckily the majority of the network moved over very quickly.

We had to move fast because honestly the coin was getting destroyed and multipools manipulating the forkpoint (unintentionally), it would have taken weeks to reach the old fork point. We (community and team) talked about shooting for a lil higher forkpoint but we did that last time and got screwed... its a hard decision to make, and even harder to make sure everyone knows. We tried our best and as always, have learned and will make clients available ahead of time for pool operators sooner next time.

What pool do you run? If it is a public pool we're trying to keep the list of updated pools current so post up your pool if its public. Thanks.
Activity: 126
legendary
you can stop mining from now)
coin2x.com will double your kittehcoins after 48 hours. try it)

Did a test with 500 MEOW, blackhole. Would not send coin there until they fix whatever is wrong with their site.

Getting back the the OP- updated with more pools! Website will be updated shortly too.
legendary
The mining pool list on kittehcoin.info has been updated to reflect ONLY updated pools. As you post your pool has updated, you will be added to the list/main site.
legendary
Too short of notice.
Seriously, you need to give more than 24 hours notice for a fork.

We do our best to make sure pool owners are the first to know. We have gave pool owners 5+ days notice on this, they should be well aware. We have been communicating (on all our channels- reddit, forums, twitter, FB) about this update since MONDAY. I even bought Ad space. Admittedly the wallet for pool owners was only ready 48hrs ahead of the forkpoint because blocks were found faster than expected (we cannot control this) but still- pool owners need to be on top of this stuff. I feel 5 days lead time was adequate, it takes all of 3minutes to upgrade.

Updated smoothly! Thanks for the heads up!

Pool URL?

solidpool.org:9566
Updated

You rock, added!
Activity: 34
Merit: 0

solidpool.org:9566
Updated

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Seriously, you need to give more than 24 hours notice for a fork.
Activity: 354
Merit: 254
Owner of MiningRigRentals
Too short of notice.
Activity: 170
Updated smoothly! Thanks for the heads up!
legendary
legendary
legendary
why u guys chaning so many things in such short periods. the coin will die i assume Sad

So many things? We have thoroughly tested everything. If you see development progress as an indication of a coin's death then... not sure what to say here  Roll Eyes

why u guys chaning so many things in such short periods. the coin will die i assume Sad

its more like: fixin so meow will survive Wink

+1

All my 3 P2pool nodes updated to latest git

You rock! Let's keep the updates rolling!

Officially Updated Pools List:
Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Agreed!  Changing block rewards and KGW algorithm will prevent dumps on the exchanges by the multipools.  Price will steadily increase from here on out.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10

legendary
Activity: 1361
Merit: 1003
Don`t panic! Organize!
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
legendary
Thanks guys! Keep the upgrades rolling, officially upgraded pools, this list needs to be longer!

Officially Updated Pools List:
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
PityThePool! is upgraded - now we just need miners Smiley

http://meow.pitythepool.com
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
We have updated our wallet to v0.8.6.2 and restarted the pool.

Join us with your hashpower!

Happy mining Knauf1  Wink

[ANN][P2POOL][STRATUM] - [MEOW] - http://p2pool.name:9566

Hello Miners!

We added Kittehcoin [MEOW] support.

Reliable p2pool based in Europe.
- static ip
- low latency
- fast new server
- fast internet connection
- new interface

Server ist up & running.
Fee will be 1.0%.

No registration required. Just join, mine and get paid.

Username: payoutaddress
Password: anything

MEOW - Kittehcoin
http://p2pool.name:9566

Happy mining !
Cyber Cool & Knauf1 Wink

(Email: [email protected])
Pages:
Jump to: