Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MOL] Molecule - CPU Minable currency - Mine, Trade, Use UPDATED:v0.8.11.1 - page 25. (Read 73774 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
It's almost impressive how many failures this coin managed to accrue in less than 24 hours...
Yeah. It wasn't super smooth, but the author responded to criticism and fixed the problems.  Its on block 1131, it was originally premined to 14k but they were deleted.
I'm confused: if the pre-mines were deleted, how is the author giving away 1,000,000 coins in another thread?  Aren't we on a completely different blockchain now?

Yeah, I don't believe the author ever intended for the new shorter block chain to fork. The giveaway thread is for coins from the old blockchain so I'm assuming the "fixes" were really just an accident. This is pretty much a trainwreck all around.
That is correct.  I was not expecting the blockchain to fork, and the giveaway is for coins from the old chain. 

I'm unsure of what to do because I also tend to agree with Snard.  My intention with the premine was not to hoard a bunch of coins, it was to be able to run promotions and pay someone to put up a block explorer.  That said, I had only premined 5M coins, somebody else got the other 6M...  So, I'm thinking we should continue on with the new fork as an experiment and see where it leads...

What do you all think?

"tinybike" mentioned this in the giveaway thread and I liked it... I think you should leave the current "fork" that's at like block 1440 as an experiment.  tinybike suggested renaming it "Atom" which I kinda like.  Then I would relaunch "Molecule" again in a more ordered fashion; I personally question whether the original fork would be recoverable.  You can use the give-away thread to build some momentum for the re-launch.
I like this idea and its a solution that will work.

Sounds good. Create an "Atom" experimental altcoin as well as a new "MoleculeCoin" so we can start fresh.

Very cool... the difficulty is at 77 already Smiley

Logo idea for "Atom"; I did this in 12 seconds in paint.  I can make a better one tomorrow or somebody else can...

http://i.imgur.com/XMyyvfL.png
Activity: 262
Merit: 250
Yes, I agree. What is currently running for molecule, let it run it's course. The market is obviously going to determine what happens.

Would it be a fair statement that since the difficulty ran away so quickly and with no premine on the fork that it's about as 'fair' as it could get for a launch?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Love all coins!
Let's let Molecule continue on as it stands so folks don't have to pull a new client and have yet more confusion.  The difficulty is rising but I think this can go somewhere.  I will get Atom going to support the giveaway.
Love all coins!
It's almost impressive how many failures this coin managed to accrue in less than 24 hours...
Yeah. It wasn't super smooth, but the author responded to criticism and fixed the problems.  Its on block 1131, it was originally premined to 14k but they were deleted.
I'm confused: if the pre-mines were deleted, how is the author giving away 1,000,000 coins in another thread?  Aren't we on a completely different blockchain now?

Yeah, I don't believe the author ever intended for the new shorter block chain to fork. The giveaway thread is for coins from the old blockchain so I'm assuming the "fixes" were really just an accident. This is pretty much a trainwreck all around.
That is correct.  I was not expecting the blockchain to fork, and the giveaway is for coins from the old chain.  

I'm unsure of what to do because I also tend to agree with Snard.  My intention with the premine was not to hoard a bunch of coins, it was to be able to run promotions and pay someone to put up a block explorer.  That said, I had only premined 5M coins, somebody else got the other 6M...  So, I'm thinking we should continue on with the new fork as an experiment and see where it leads...

What do you all think?

"tinybike" mentioned this in the giveaway thread and I liked it... I think you should leave the current "fork" that's at like block 1440 as an experiment.  tinybike suggested renaming it "Atom" which I kinda like.  Then I would relaunch "Molecule" again in a more ordered fashion; I personally question whether the original fork would be recoverable.  You can use the give-away thread to build some momentum for the re-launch.
I like this idea and its a solution that will work.
Activity: 70
Maybe you just make other coin which using the first blockchain?

Why bother with the first blockchain? There was the 5M dev premine, and "someone else" that managed to snag 6M before it was released.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Eww.. more than 5% has been mined.

Do not support this alt-coin.

You're all just working for the profit of the OP.
Activity: 56
Maybe you just make other coin which using the first blockchain?
Activity: 224
So which one should we be on?
Yeah. It wasn't super smooth, but the author responded to criticism and fixed the problems.  Its on block 1131, it was originally premined to 14k but they were deleted.
I'm confused: if the pre-mines were deleted, how is the author giving away 1,000,000 coins in another thread?  Aren't we on a completely different blockchain now?

That is correct.  I was not expecting the blockchain to fork, and the giveaway is for coins from the old chain.  

I'm unsure of what to do because I also tend to agree with Snard.  My intention with the premine was not to hoard a bunch of coins, it was to be able to run promotions and pay someone to put up a block explorer.  That said, I had only premined 5M coins, somebody else got the other 6M...  So, I'm thinking we should continue on with the new fork as an experiment and see where it leads...

What do you all think?

"tinybike" mentioned this in the giveaway thread and I liked it... I think you should leave the current "fork" that's at like block 1440 as an experiment.  tinybike suggested renaming it "Atom" which I kinda like.  Then I would relaunch "Molecule" again in a more ordered fashion; I personally question whether the original fork would be recoverable.  You can use the give-away thread to build some momentum for the re-launch.
Activity: 308
Merit: 292
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

What do you all think?

You should definitely end the giveaway and explain what happened.

Yeah I say do that and just let it go at this point since we have people mining from early on.
Activity: 42

What do you all think?

You should definitely end the giveaway and explain what happened.
Activity: 476
Merit: 500
Can we just do a REDO on this whole thing...so everything is set up all nice and tidy haha

and yeah...cancel the giveaway thread.
Activity: 308
Merit: 292
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Well cancel the giveaway thread immediately then.
Activity: 143
I have to admit it was a shaky and shady start, but if we stick with the current fork, this coin is going to be damn hard to mine.

May be interesting.

The chaos created a strange sort of order; there won't be any massive hording, there is no premine, and the difficulty is ridiculous after like 2 hours.  If you look at DigitalCoin, its supposed to have the same max at 200,000,000, its difficulty is under 20 and its trading at like 50 cents.  Molecule's difficulty is already 35 and rising fast...

I think the new fork has legit potential...

GPU mining Grin
Activity: 196
Activity: 126

I'm unsure of what to do because I also tend to agree with Snard.  My intention with the premine was not to hoard a bunch of coins, it was to be able to run promotions and pay someone to put up a block explorer.  That said, I had only premined 5M coins, somebody else got the other 6M...  So, I'm thinking we should continue on with the new fork as an experiment and see where it leads...

What do you all think?

You shouldn't have started a giveaway then. All those ppl will now feel bad about it
Activity: 70
So does this coin have more molecules or more forks?
Love all coins!

What do you all think?
Activity: 476
Merit: 500
guess we are going back to the original fork?? Huh aka...the one with the 14k premine

We should not be on a new blockchain fork we should be on the original one...  hang tight

I have to admit it was a shaky and shady start, but if we stick with the current fork, this coin is going to be damn hard to mine.

May be interesting.

The chaos created a strange sort of order; there won't be any massive hording, there is no premine, and the difficulty is ridiculous after like 2 hours.  If you look at DigitalCoin, its supposed to have the same max at 200,000,000, its difficulty is under 20 and its trading at like 50 cents.  Molecule's difficulty is already 35 and rising fast...

I think the new fork has legit potential...
Pages:
Jump to: