Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MOTO] Motocoin - page 97. (Read 178225 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
May 22, 2014, 03:19:08 PM
Let's make the game easier! I can't tell you how many times I've been an inch away from the damn coin only to have it restart on me! Ugh lol

What that means is that I just took the coin a sec ahead of you.
BWHAHAHAHA!
I now have 75.

I'm addicted.

Another day and I will have 15k 10% of the premine. Which really wasn't that big if you look at it % wise. And I hope this coin does well and the devs get paid because they already gave me a few hours of fun.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
May 22, 2014, 02:48:22 PM
I did some calculations and...

The 450000 coin premine (divided over 3 developers who each get 150k coins) is pretty huge.

450000 (premined coins) / 100 (block reward) = 4500 blocks worth of premine.
Each of those blocks would normally take 5 minutes to solve.
5 (minutes) x 4500 (blocks) = 22500 minutes
or
22500 (minutes) / 60 (minutes) = 375 hours
or
375 (hours) / 24 (hours) = 15.625 days of continuous block solving without pause.

Naturally it'd take many more times than that for the average user to get a similar amount of coins from Proof of Play. Bots would be able to do it to some degree and that might be a concern in the future. Same happened to Huntercoin for example. The bots aren't perfect but they seem profitable enough for the people using them.

This isn't to say you don't deserve those coins. In my eyes you do deserve it since you created innovation in a time of copy paste coins which die within a month.

If you want to gain more support from users and investors, I'd advise to use a trusted escrow.
User: escrow.ms
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/escrowms-76380

This user is a trusted member in our community. I'd like it if you'd:
  • Keep 90% of the premined coins in the escrow's possession.
  • Post the escrow's public key
  • Make a contract with the escrow and post it in the main post.
  • 45000 coins of the premine will be returned every two weeks(this can change depending on what the community prefers) to the devs.
    This is still a lot considering the effort needed to mine.

Good job on this coin, you'll gain my support if you use this advice.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
May 22, 2014, 02:16:36 PM
Let's make the game easier! I can't tell you how many times I've been an inch away from the damn coin only to have it restart on me! Ugh lol
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
May 22, 2014, 02:00:45 PM
THERE WASN'T A PREMINE

I was here on launch and I got block #4, and almost the number 1. If you lost the launch don't accuse of premine. This coin was announced 20 days before launch, and game was posted, I was playing before the launch to learn how to win. 20 days later the coin WAS EXACTLY LAUNCHED AT TIME with 0 BLOCKS MINED.

The dev says there was a premine and you say there wasn't one?

There is special reward for 3 developers of Motocoin - each developer will get 150k motocoins. There will be tens of millions of motocoins so 150k is not very large amount (and some currencies are 100% premined). Also this reward ensures that developers will have strong reason to support Motocoin.

How about you read the thread before shouting false information?

Activity: 204
May 22, 2014, 01:56:17 PM
There is special reward for 3 developers of Motocoin - each developer will get 150k motocoins. There will be tens of millions of motocoins so 150k is not very large amount (and some currencies are 100% premined). Also this reward ensures that developers will have strong reason to support Motocoin.

which I guess is ok if it's properly announced from the beginning, in the website and OP
My apologies for not properly announcing reward for developers. I said about it in a post before release but didn't add this info to first post. I was just a bit nervous at that moment. As it was announced in forum post before release, so I believe that people who followed this thread at that time saw it and newcomers will see it now. I added info to first post and website.
Activity: 583
Merit: 505
CTO @ Flixxo, Riecoin dev
May 22, 2014, 01:20:13 PM
THERE WASN'T A PREMINE

I was here on launch and I got block #4, and almost the number 1. If you lost the launch don't accuse of premine. This coin was announced 20 days before launch, and game was posted, I was playing before the launch to learn how to win. 20 days later the coin WAS EXACTLY LAUNCHED AT TIME with 0 BLOCKS MINED.

sorry to put it like this, but you are just wrong
the launch may have been done with only one block, but if you look at the code... the first block has a reward of 450000, while the next blocks have 100 until the first halving.

even the dev acknowledged there is a premine:

which I guess is ok if it's properly announced from the beginning, in the website and OP
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
May 22, 2014, 01:04:05 PM
THERE WASN'T A PREMINE

Activity: 157
May 22, 2014, 12:05:25 PM
boooooo

I liked the concept of this coin, and I even thought about making a playing bot, but then I saw the premine that I didn't find mentioned anywhere in the OP or in the website.

They premined 450000 coins and apparently forgot to tell about it. I'm staying out of this coin, I won't spend time playing for the devs if they are not honest about it.

also, I have my doubts about the difficulty adjustments.... is half the time the double of difficult? does having the double of time make it twice as easier? it probably doesn't work like that, after a retarget it may get to a point where it is too difficult to win. It will get to a point where it's so difficult only bots can win anyway.

any idea how to make a playing bot, looks like not that difficult?
They could easily win 450000 if they had a bot in hand, and just look at the bright side..
Activity: 728
May 22, 2014, 11:19:48 AM
cool idea
but when trying to compile on linux:

Code:
In file included from /usr/local/include/boost/system/error_code.hpp:18:0,
                 from /usr/local/include/boost/system/system_error.hpp:14,
                 from /usr/local/include/boost/thread/exceptions.hpp:22,
                 from /usr/local/include/boost/thread/pthread/mutex.hpp:12,
                 from /usr/local/include/boost/thread/mutex.hpp:16,
                 from src/allocators.h:10,
                 from src/qt/walletmodel.h:12,
                 from src/qt/bitcoin.cpp:9:
/usr/local/include/boost/noncopyable.hpp:27:37: error: ‘boost::noncopyable_::noncopyable::noncopyable()’ declared with non-public access cannot be defaulted in the class body
/usr/local/include/boost/noncopyable.hpp:28:22: error: ‘boost::noncopyable_::noncopyable::~noncopyable()’ declared with non-public access cannot be defaulted in the class body
make: *** [build/bitcoin.o] Error 1
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001
May 22, 2014, 11:14:59 AM
How to get the coin? Huh

Just read the damn thread! Is it that hard?
Play the game. The easiest way to get a coin a round here.

LOLL +1

So many times I was that close to getting a coin twice, I'm giving up for the night lol
Activity: 490
May 22, 2014, 11:07:08 AM
How to get the coin? Huh

LOLL +1
May 22, 2014, 10:28:07 AM
Is there any difference between the file names motocoin-win-np & motocoin-win ?
Almost no. Just use the last one from http://motocoin.org/#download
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001
May 22, 2014, 10:25:47 AM
Is there any difference between the file names motocoin-win-np & motocoin-win ?
May 22, 2014, 10:10:06 AM
boooooo

I liked the concept of this coin, and I even thought about making a playing bot, but then I saw the premine that I didn't find mentioned anywhere in the OP or in the website.

They premined 450000 coins and apparently forgot to tell about it. I'm staying out of this coin, I won't spend time playing for the devs if they are not honest about it.
This was announced before release. I will add this information to the first post. This wasn't originally in the first post because it was written long before release and size of this reward was decided shortly before release.

also, I have my doubts about the difficulty adjustments.... is half the time the double of difficult? does having the double of time make it twice as easier? it probably doesn't work like that, after a retarget it may get to a point where it is too difficult to win. It will get to a point where it's so difficult only bots can win anyway.
Retarget is not that simple. It will never go to point where it is too difficult to win.
May 22, 2014, 10:03:27 AM
boooooo

May 22, 2014, 09:54:22 AM
What makes this game unhackable?

What stops someone from modding the game so that the moto guy just goes through obstacles?
Or what if someone mods the game to only give maps that are easy?

(supposedly, I can't confirm or deny this because I haven't read the code yet)
the solution is  independently verified by each client, so you you make a "cheat" client it would be the same as modifying your bitcoin client to accept lower difficulty shares: you'd find lots of blocks and your wallet will tell you that you are a millionaire but you wouldn't be able to spend your money because you would be on a fork of the network that contains you and only you.

I like the concept of the coin, the only "attacks" I can think of right now are (as someone mentioned) generating lots of levels until you get an easy one, or creating a bot that plays the game.

legendary
Blackjack.fun
May 22, 2014, 09:25:00 AM
How to get the coin? Huh

Activity: 41
Merit: 0
May 22, 2014, 07:09:33 AM
How to get the coin? Huh
legendary
Blackjack.fun
May 22, 2014, 07:07:17 AM
Grin Grin Grin
It will be interesting to create a coin that is generated based on the performance of certain functional activities.
For instance :
- Only Coming in the workplace;
- Drink coffee ;
- Communicate with the secretary ;
- Hide from the boss ;
- Squish subordinates ;
- Lunch ;
- Communicate more closely with the secretary ;
- Nap ;
- Drink afternoon coffee ;
- Quit your job .
All this is highlighted to a PC with the result that at the end of the day you have one WORKCOIN of  company "X" .
This could work as a complete model for the functioning of society from the smallest company to the United Nations. Grin Grin Grin
The result will be full justice , universal happiness and love.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I'm pretty sure those actions will indeed create a peacefully earth we all dream of.
Nothing about "deeper" communications with the secreatary/ (female).
Activity: 313
May 22, 2014, 02:13:29 AM
Very difficult, is there any other button except up, down, left, right arrow?

if you hit S it zooms out, its alot easier that way. I also cycle through maps till i find one i like. that would be F6.

Does anyone know if the rotation could be controlled with a joystick or ps3/xbox controller for added accuracy? Keyboard keys are on or off, whereas joystick has a ton of grey area.
Pages:
Jump to: