Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][$MUSIC] Musicoin Blockchain Upgrades to V3.0(“Quantitative Tightening 🎸 - page 54. (Read 287558 times)

Activity: 46
Merit: 1
Hi there,

do any of you knows if there is someway to not hold all the 50 + gb file of the wallet but still to be able to use it? that kinda crazy size for wallet..

im mining and need some sort of wallet but not sure if im doing it in the best possible way..
Activity: 125

Haha, very funny. In restrospect this is precisely the behavior I should have expected, yes. But consider the confluence of factors here: I installed a new wallet; it did not appear to automatically recognize my existing keystore; it also prompted me to either import an old account or create a new one, but selecting import appeared to do both, while also zeroing out the old account; there was no message about syncing the blockchain and the old 0.7 wallet did not show your wallet balance until it was done. The last issue was the complicating factor here - something funky happened with ethernet connectivity with the one port on the switch this computer was connected to and I ended up having to cycle power to the switch and the router to fix it. Frankly, I've never seen just one port stop working so learn something new - usually unpleasant - every day, I guess.

wow, your story sounds like magic

btw, when I first time installed 1.0 wallet, yes it asked me to import UTC file (and I had backup copy), but an old UTC file didn't dissappear from C:\...\keystore

Your bad than you didn't know where is storing UTC files
Activity: 420
Merit: 184

EDIT - I finally got it working, but I don't really know how. I rebooted the computer and after the entire blockchain synced my old balance showed up. Had I known what to expect I wouldn't have gotten so vexed, however.

Do you know how blockchain works?
Your coins don't store in the independent file, they don't exist at all. But blockchain - it's all transaction between all adresses. So when it made full sync, you can see you ballance.

Be happy and have a nice day//

Haha, very funny. In restrospect this is precisely the behavior I should have expected, yes. But consider the confluence of factors here: I installed a new wallet; it did not appear to automatically recognize my existing keystore; it also prompted me to either import an old account or create a new one, but selecting import appeared to do both, while also zeroing out the old account; there was no message about syncing the blockchain and the old 0.7 wallet did not show your wallet balance until it was done. The last issue was the complicating factor here - something funky happened with ethernet connectivity with the one port on the switch this computer was connected to and I ended up having to cycle power to the switch and the router to fix it. Frankly, I've never seen just one port stop working so learn something new - usually unpleasant - every day, I guess.

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Hy Guys!

Today I have the new Desktop Wallet v. 1.0 tried and was deleted immediately due to virus!

Why this??
Merit: 101
Musicoin Mining Pool

http://music.orchardcoins.com/

Example:
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool music-asia.orchardcoins.com:8008 -allcoins 1 -epsw x -ewal 0x668e063ac444798acc5608a4046c56046338039f -eworker miner1
Activity: 125

EDIT - I finally got it working, but I don't really know how. I rebooted the computer and after the entire blockchain synced my old balance showed up. Had I known what to expect I wouldn't have gotten so vexed, however.

Do you know how blockchain works?
Your coins don't store in the independent file, they don't exist at all. But blockchain - it's all transaction between all adresses. So when it made full sync, you can see you ballance.

Be happy and have a nice day//
So what's the deal on importing keys/balance from the v0.7 wallet into the v1.0 wallet? When I follow the instructions I get a box asking me to input the old private key and password, but the v0.7 wallet never properly backed up the private keys* and never asked me for a password...
Your accounts should available without nothing, since keystore folder located at the same location as for 0.7 and 0.8. As for introduction screen, in case it confused you, you should just click , and it will not appear anymore.

* - when I clicked on the "backup keys" button an explorer dialog box pops up to save a file, but no filename is provided and nothing can actually be done.
You should select directory, where UTC/JSON file will be saved. You can backup account separately using Backup Account in Actions, or by clicking on the avatar and selecting Backup Account. As for manual (full keystore backup) you can select Account - Open Keystore in the menu.  This action will open your file manager in the keystore directory.

Yes, I'm confused because what you describe does not match what I experienced/am experiencing.

In fact, I just reopened the v1.0 wallet and now it is showing two addresses, one of which is my original address and which now has *Zero F'ing Coins*.

So thanks, wallet devs, you just managed to wipe out 120 MUSIC because your old wallet wouldn't back up properly, both wallets store keys in some ridiculous secret Windows folder rather than in the same directory as the wallet, and upon opening the new wallet for the first time it presented a bunch of choices that somehow zeroed out my balance without ever warning me this could happen.

Oh, and I can't manually open up the original wallet's UTC/JSON file file because, once again, an explorer window pops up when I select that option and then notepad automatically opens the file when I double click on it. FFS, this is moronic.

Activity: 92
Merit: 10
So what's the deal on importing keys/balance from the v0.7 wallet into the v1.0 wallet? When I follow the instructions I get a box asking me to input the old private key and password, but the v0.7 wallet never properly backed up the private keys* and never asked me for a password...
Your accounts should available without nothing, since keystore folder located at the same location as for 0.7 and 0.8. As for introduction screen, in case it confused you, you should just click , and it will not appear anymore.

* - when I clicked on the "backup keys" button an explorer dialog box pops up to save a file, but no filename is provided and nothing can actually be done.
You should select directory, where UTC/JSON file will be saved. You can backup account separately using Backup Account in Actions, or by clicking on the avatar and selecting Backup Account. As for manual (full keystore backup) you can select Account - Open Keystore in the menu.  This action will open your file manager in the keystore directory.

EDIT - I should note I read the readme.md on the github and the 1st and last 3 pages of this thread...
Activity: 9
I really want this product to work, holding from last 6 month almost seen the coin going to its top and dip at worst. They should do partnership and bring out more ambassador from diffrent part of country to advertise India and US would be a huge market, Lot of musicians who would love to get fairly paid. i am from Bollywood Industry from India, there are so much of monopoly with labels. There are so many independent artist+ these day's big Artist are ready to explore new ways.

I wrote on Twitter and writing it again, they should do Partnership with $Tron & Steemit like social crypto products where they can grow together tandomply and user bases increase.
Activity: 61
I hope that musicoin will come out on a mobile wallet like coinomi, that would be nice. I also think it's time to go out on other exchanges.
Activity: 784
Merit: 256
Has anyone tried to use Musicoin app to listen to the music? I'm pretty much interested in this coin not specifically profit-wise but for it's usability. If it could somehow replace itunes and google music, it would be really great.

Yes, it works pretty well, just as you would expect. This coin actually has a working product, weirdly the market hasn't caught up on that yet.
Musicoin doesn't have a mobile application, maybe that's why it's still not so popular. Mobility is a key for the digital music distribution nowadays. I hope we'll see a mobile Musicoin-based player/wallet soon, that'd be a breakthrough, hovewer it's gonna be rough to get it published on Google Market as Google don't really like competitors.
Activity: 29
Keep up the great work MUSICOIN devs and marketers,
Some words of advice from my perspective.

1. Make an ad-campaign! Facebook would be where I'd start.
2. Make a small video of an artist that loves MUSICOIN and its benefits.
3. Get it pushed into marketable areas where artist are looking to thrive, aka.. Nashville, TN the Seattle, WA area, Rock scenes..etc.

This should help drive this coin further and possibly to the moon!

Again, you guys-gals are awesome keep it up!

Ad campaign on FB? You're out of the loop that FB and IG cannot do paid ads on crypto anymore
Activity: 308
Merit: 101
These packets fly
Has anyone tried to use Musicoin app to listen to the music? I'm pretty much interested in this coin not specifically profit-wise but for it's usability. If it could somehow replace itunes and google music, it would be really great.

Yes, it works pretty well, just as you would expect. This coin actually has a working product, weirdly the market hasn't caught up on that yet.
Activity: 784
Merit: 256
Activity: 84
Anyone know when this coin might see 58,069 Satoshis? I would love to see this coin reach for Mars, their dev team is definitely on top of things.
Activity: 84
Keep up the great work MUSICOIN devs and marketers,
Some words of advice from my perspective.

1. Make an ad-campaign! Facebook would be where I'd start.
2. Make a small video of an artist that loves MUSICOIN and its benefits.
3. Get it pushed into marketable areas where artist are looking to thrive, aka.. Nashville, TN the Seattle, WA area, Rock scenes..etc.

This should help drive this coin further and possibly to the moon!

Again, you guys-gals are awesome keep it up!
Activity: 2
i have mined musicoin on http://music.coinminer.space  sended bittrex account and desktop wallets. bittrex deposit was filled first and wallet gone offline after bittrex musicoin wallet become active deleted from my account. my desktop wallet mined coins never added to my wallet. im putting txid picture here can anyone explain what happened to my mined musicoins??

https://imgur.com/a/PjGKj
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
I cleared out my wallet folder and installed the new wallet from GitHub.  Much better wallet Devs!  It's actually pretty awesome being like an itunes and wallet all in one.  No more sync issues!  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: