Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MVC]Moviecoin: Bitcoin MOVIE IPO - page 11. (Read 29384 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
February 22, 2014, 08:44:01 PM
Thank you for all of your patience!

Moviecoin will be launched at:
9:00 EST 23 Feb 2014

Wallets/Pools/Website will be updated later(before our launch).

Keep in mind first 5,000 blocks have double rewards!!

9 AM or PM?

I hope that it was PM.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
February 22, 2014, 02:34:08 PM

I do hope that you will cancel your planned release tomorrow - I'm sure that if you do release you will get mining interest just because miners are always looking for new coins to jump on, but I worry that it simply won't last very long and will eventually die out, making building the form of Moviecoin I proposed much more difficult.

PM or email me so we can discuss this. Thanks.

Sorry, we'll consist on our Moviecoin. I've replied your message!

I have a discussion with our team members. We agree many of your ideas, but I can't convince them to cancel our release especially at this time.
We respect your ambitions making movie coin a big deal, but as your said it would take a long time for it to be widerspread. Technically,  it's also not that easy to implement all of your ideas.

So rather than wait a few weeks for the Ethereum blockchain to come out and learn how to use it's turing complete scripting language to write some actually useful and valuable incentives into this coin, you're going to release a simple copy & paste version of a coin, with no actual innovation whatsoever and just hope that the name and logo alone will inspire an enormous (in the hundreds of billions of dollars a year) industry to adopt it.

That you're not willing to wait a few weeks to release a *MUCH* more superior blockchain tells me you aren't really in this for the long haul, which is a big red flag to me. Sadly, this suggests to me that you are *only* hoping to make a few bucks from this coin over the next month or so and then get out before it completely fizzles out of existence. As much as I would like to support your coin, you don't seem to believe in it yourself, so I won't be able to.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
February 22, 2014, 01:38:59 PM

9 AM or PM?
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
February 22, 2014, 10:41:55 AM

February 22, 2014, 10:30:06 AM

I do hope that you will cancel your planned release tomorrow - I'm sure that if you do release you will get mining interest just because miners are always looking for new coins to jump on, but I worry that it simply won't last very long and will eventually die out, making building the form of Moviecoin I proposed much more difficult.

Sorry, we'll consist on our Moviecoin. I've replied your message!
February 22, 2014, 04:05:34 AM
This is the reason that this coin is pre-mature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoqKa1r83cM
Charles Hoskinson talks Ethereum with the team - warning: excited loud cheers ahead Smiley

This coin needs the Ethereum blockchain to really be useful.
Activity: 22
February 22, 2014, 01:14:45 AM
another shit coin
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
February 22, 2014, 01:07:47 AM
sooo, is the coin launching tomorrow, still on the 22nd???
February 21, 2014, 04:49:18 PM
I really do hope that the OP considers the constructive feedback that many of the commenters on this thread left - that without some *specific financial* incentive to accept it, filmmakers and distributors are not going to start using this coin. Just giving it an industry specific name does not create that incentive, nor does allowing crowdfunding, since the industry already has plenty of options for crowdfunding currently.

I believe that including useful "what demographics are watching what" metadata in a blockchain is what would incentivize use - because it reduces the cost of market research and increases it's effectiveness.

That said, your blockchain cannot include this extra data, and thus I worry will not ultimately be successful - we need to wait until Ethereum has been released and build this blockchain on it in order to allow the extra data that needs to be carried.

Wow! I'm really excited to see so many great ideas with moviecoin.
Thank you for sharing with us!

Although I can't fully understand some of your ideas and have no idea how to implement some of them right now, I still think we have many things in common. Like:
-Crowdfunding
-Incentivize more filmmaking (indie films in particular).
-the creation of a “MovieCoin Foundation”

We are doing some attempts on this way.
February 21, 2014, 01:51:19 PM
Implementing the incentive system I described would need an Ethereum blockchain, so I think you should hold off the release until Ethereum is ready.

Email me, let's talk about combining ideas.
February 21, 2014, 08:36:29 AM
Wow! I'm really excited to see so many great ideas with moviecoin.
Thank you for sharing with us!

Although I can't fully understand some of your ideas and have no idea how to implement some of them right now, I still think we have many things in common. Like:
-Crowdfunding
-Incentivize more filmmaking (indie films in particular).
-the creation of a “MovieCoin Foundation”

We are doing some attempts on this way.
February 21, 2014, 04:07:49 AM
I had an idea for a movie industry coin recently, googled it and it didn’t look like anyone was working on anything similar yet. today i just googled it again and came across this thread on the bitcoin forums.

it looks like folks are suggesting that your MovieCoin needs some specific value and not just have a unique name in order to be worthwhile - I’m not claiming you don’t have any specific value in this idea, you just haven’t mentioned any if you do.

I think I have figured the specific incentives that give it value - I could be wrong, but what do you think?

http://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/427/moviecoin-worldwide-secure-distro-of-movies-payment-system-to-connect-contentcreators-audiences

Hey folks - I want to bounce an idea off you. I’m hoping that you all - as seemingly the best minds in the blockchain movement - can point out weaknesses with it, etc and help make it as strong as possible.

I used to work in the post-production industry in Hollywood. I’m also a big fan of torrent-technology. I was often questioned about how I justified this to myself morally as someone who's paycheck relied on healthy industry profits, but I’m sure you all already know the answer: sharing actually makes the industry stronger. Its not that I don’t want to pay for content - it’s that I dislike the limited options in which the content is made available, and that such a tiny portion of my payment goes to the content creators themselves.

The idea: MovieCoin (or something like that)
MovieCoin is a blockchain to allow worldwide secure distribution of visual media (features, TV shows, shorts, etc) and a payment system to connect content-creators with their audience.

How it works:
-MovieCoin uses a streaming bittorrent protocol (http://live.bittorrent.com)
-Miners maintain the security of the distribution network but don’t carry the actual content on the blockchain, just the rights to stream or download a particular title - the files themselves start from a single source and then the bittorrent protocol takes care of the actual sharing (not sure if this is the right way to implement, if someone has a better idea please let me know)
-Crowdfunding - support the films you want to see get made. Pay for a movie you want to see based on the director, cast, content, etc and get rights to stream it when its finished.
-Incentivize more filmmaking (indie films in particular). An ethereum DAO can distribute the earnings from a movie that is made by people doing work for points, ensuring people actually get paid and reducing the legal costs associated with a new corporation being formed (for those that aren’t already aware, currently a new corporation is formed every time a film gets made, but rarely are artists that get ripped off able to enforce the contracts since they can rarely even tell how much revenue an indie generated)
-Theatrical distribution - even movie theaters can get direct feeds rather than shipping around hard drives. This not only creates big fossil fuel savings (and associated costs) but solves the worry of piracy that has made distributors avoid full internet-based distribution to theaters thus far
-Part of the implementation would involve the creation of a “MovieCoin Foundation” that would work to encourage awareness & understanding of how to use MovieCoin and why its a better option. Will interface with studios, content-creators and the general public. (Funded by a premine of some percentage of MovieCoins). Also, will possibly fund a discount to audiences for paying in MovieCoin to incentivize use.
-Capture robust pseudonymous demographic data and meta data.

Why its better for audiences:
-Watch movies and other content the DAY ITS RELEASED in a high quality format from the comfort of home. (Who wouldn’t rather pay to watch in HD with surround sound than a free crap quality cam from Uzbekistan?)
-Less expensive and more eco friendly. Distribution costs would be significantly reduced, allowing audiences to pay less. -Also reduces the negative environmental impact of the distribution process. No DVDs, no shipping, no exploitive labor, etc.
-Watch movies for free: Miners keep the system strong and secure and earn MovieCoins for their efforts. Also opportunities for earning MovieCoin by writing reviews, etc. - as soon as movie ends wallet app gets a push notification -“How’d you like the movie?”
-Makes movies and other content available to a wider audience of people who are hungry for it - for example, in Somalia there is no functioning central government and very very few public theaters, but tons of cell phones and other internet connected digital devices

Why its better for content producers:
-20-40% of internet traffic moves through the bittorrent protocol right now, so there is obviously a demand for earlier home availability of new content.
-Fast, efficient and secure worldwide distribution and direct payments from the content consumers. Less costs, less waste. More secure, more efficient, more financially profitable.
-Access to the marketing data that can be extracted from the moviecoin blockchain - this includes the pseudononymous demographic data attached to the accounts of consumers that watch their content, plus meta data like when the movie is paused most often, how often it gets turned off and never finished, etc. (So much more helpful and accurate than current methods of tracking this data)
-Significantly reduced distribution costs
-Indie content-creators have more direct access to their audience allowing them to earn more money, get funding for projects that people want to see, etc.
-Studio content-creators can stop their loosing battle against piracy, and instead embrace change and make their content available in a form that audiences want to consume it.

I wouldn’t see this kind of system being adopted very quickly - most likely it would take many years for it to be widespread, starting with a few independent films and eventually working up to major studio releases. But I’ve been given the opportunity to present this idea to a bigwig at one of the major studios, and if a big studio got behind the idea right away it could definitely accelerate adoption considerably. However, I’d like to avoid embarrassing myself by either 1) finding out later on about some major hole in my logic - I am not a programmer so if I am assuming something is do-able that simply *isn’t* I’d like to know now and 2) finding out that someone else already came up with this idea and is already running with it.

btw, I'm aware that there are a number of projects are already working on making it easier to distribute digital content - bit-tunes being the most popular i'm aware of - my thinking is just that for them to be widely adopted the content creators and distributors need to have incentive to use them - in this case they would be offered a massive amount of marketing data in exchange for accepting moviecoin, which i think is just the kind of incentive they'd go for

So... ask questions and punch holes please Smiley
Activity: 70
February 20, 2014, 09:36:23 AM
dead?
Activity: 247
February 19, 2014, 09:46:28 PM
This coin is fucking retarded.
Activity: 334
🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟
February 19, 2014, 09:45:17 PM
no pools. no shit. goodluck. next
February 19, 2014, 09:40:52 PM
Pool???

let it her pls:d

just for settings

we are with you

for start 6mhs:D

We are really appreciate for your support.
Pools/Block chain explorer/Website will be updated in following two days. There are still under testing, we need to confirm everything works fine before our launch.
Thanks!
February 19, 2014, 09:29:40 PM
Delayed launch time for two days.
Activity: 392
member of GameCredits Dev team
February 19, 2014, 04:42:39 PM
Pool???

let it her pls:d

just for settings

we are with you

for start 6mhs:D
February 17, 2014, 10:18:28 PM
We are still busy with the development, please stay tuned.
February 17, 2014, 10:09:59 PM
We already have gotten in touch with several movie forums and stores, there were very interested in our ideas and would like to do some attempts. Further cooperation is in progress but we have to launch moviecoin at first and show our abilities.
Pages:
Jump to: